Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Went on a road ride for a little while last night. I'm STILL having problems with my lower legs and feet going numb. I'm starting to think the frame is to small for me but I'm not sure.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i hope my friends in london are ok.

had the kids last night as my wife went out to dinner w/ her dad and sister, and we spent most of the evening wrestling. :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
i hope my friends in london are ok.

had the kids last night as my wife went out to dinner w/ her dad and sister, and we spent most of the evening wrestling. :thumb:
how many kids do you have?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
last night was my 1st dirt ride on my new frame :D at the wed. race, laps were short so I did 2 laps for a preride, and suprisingly (being I built it up) everything worked!! Its so nice to be back rocking the dw link!!

BUT at the start of the race a dude bumped/leaned into me, causing me to crash - then another dude slams into me, chain off, wheel off, bent rotor and bent der. hanger (needless to say I didnt win last night)
note: Both guys apologized after the race

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
had a fire at 4:00 AM this mornign 20' bond fire in the middle of the city burned part of his garage down
going for a 30 mi ride after work should be fun

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
two boys. 3 & 5.

i kicked their arses. :D
I knew you had 2 boys I wasn't sure if you had more.

Were they wrestling you individually or tag team?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
last night was my 1st dirt ride on my new frame :D at the wed. race, laps were short so I did 2 laps for a preride, and suprisingly (being I built it up) everything worked!! Its so nice to be back rocking the dw link!!

BUT at the start of the race a dude bumped/leaned into me, causing me to crash - then another dude slams into me, chain off, wheel off, bent rotor and bent der. hanger (needless to say I didnt win last night)
damn man that sucks!
So what do you think of the DW link?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
So what do you think of the DW link?

love it

its so nice to be able to stand on a climb, or on a sprint and have almost all of my effort actually getting to the rear wheel (compared to losing a ton to pedal bob-ing on my Kona)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
tell them you are leaving at 7pm, but then you leave at 7am
Just say "we're leaving at 7" don't assign a PM or AM to it.... brilliant....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
love it

its so nice to be able to stand on a climb, or on a sprint and have almost all of my effort actually getting to the rear wheel (compared to losing a ton to pedal bob-ing on my Kona)

Thats good, I'm really happy with my MKIII but it's probably to heavy for racing.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Well, I get my bike this saturday!!!!! I'm so stoked. Worked out last night, A real good workout, my abb's are a bit sore, but hey, no pain, no gain. The kids went to camp Tuesday morning, so for me and the wife, every night is prom night! :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Splat-didn't know you were still feeling like crap, hope they figure out the deal.

Did the local dirt crit last night. A close race, I had the lead the first three laps and could not shake this guy who just rode my tail the whole time. After dragging him around the first three laps he passed me on a fast flat section and quickly put 30 seconds on me. He though he had me but I went balls to the wall on this tight singletrack downhill section and caught him right before a steep climb to the finish. I stuck on his tail until the last 20 yards and then grunted out a few pedal strokes in a huge gear and took him by a bike length for the win.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning .

I get to go to the Neurolgist today , still trying to see if they can figure out what is wrong. :( had the 3 MRI's on my Head/Neck on Tuesday so hopefully they will show whats Up .
wow man... hope it's minor!
Get better quick!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
Splat-didn't know you were still feeling like crap, hope they figure out the deal.

Did the local dirt crit last night. A close race, I had the lead the first three laps and could not shake this guy who just rode my tail the whole time. After dragging him around the first three laps he passed me on a fast flat section and quickly put 30 seconds on me. He though he had me but I went balls to the wall on this tight singletrack downhill section and caught him right before a steep climb to the finish. I stuck on his tail until the last 20 yards and then grunted out a few pedal strokes in a huge gear and took him by a bike length for the win.
so much more fun than having the lead with no one close!!

and good job :thumb:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I awoke to my brother telling me something about London but was soon distracted by his 115lb dog standing on my nether region. He needs a nail trim...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
splat said:
Morning .

I get to go to the Neurolgist today , still trying to see if they can figure out what is wrong. :( had the 3 MRI's on my Head/Neck on Tuesday so hopefully they will show whats Up .

good luck

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
stevew said:
I awoke to my brother telling me something about London but was soon distracted by his 115lb dog standing on my nether region. He needs a nail trim...
did you have morning wood!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
so much more fun than having the lead with no one close!!

and good job :thumb:
It was fun, It is rare I get to duke it out with someone like that. It hurt like a fothermucker though.

Your hanger is replaceable right?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
Just say "we're leaving at 7" don't assign a PM or AM to it.... brilliant....
when I was a teenager we took a family vacation to ocean city.........one car load ended up in ocean city, NJ and another ended up in Ocean City, MD :rolleyes:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
It was fun, It is rare I get to duke it out with someone like that. It hurt like a fothermucker though.

Your hanger is replaceable right?
cool

yup (replaceable).

it sorta worked last night with spending 2 seconds bending back in place.

anyone know the website that has tons of different hangers for sale?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:

Oooh man.......time to visit http://www.derailleurhanger.com or whatever it is that stocks and sells all those derailleur hangers.

Doug - if you want to keep those brake levers you can.

Mark

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
stosh said:
Went on a road ride for a little while last night. I'm STILL having problems with my lower legs and feet going numb. I'm starting to think the frame is to small for me but I'm not sure.
I seriously doubt the cause is a too small frame, but if you want a new bike go for it.

Do you wear different shoes for your road bike than mountain?

My feet were getting numb but it was because my feet were sliding forward in my shoes and my toes would squished/curled up. If I concentrated on keeping them from sliding, it when away quickly.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
when I was a teenager we took a family vacation to ocean city.........one car load ended up in ocean city, NJ and another ended up in Ocean City, MD :rolleyes:
thats awesome!!!!

We're going to Portland, I won't specify which state.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Wumpus said:
I seriously doubt the cause is a too small frame, but if you want a new bike go for it.

Do you wear different shoes for your road bike than mountain?

My feet were getting numb but it was because my feet were sliding forward in my shoes and my toes would squished/curled up. If I concentrated on keeping them from sliding, it when away quickly.
my whole lower leg and foot is falling asleep.
no I don't wear different shoes.

Also the bike is an 18 or 18.5" frame I currently ride a 19" but the geometry is different.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
douglas said:
Gotta love those guys who try to win the race in the first 20 feet.

I didn't ride last night even though the weather was PERFECT. I did turn my Kona back into a singlespeed though, and put a new headset on my road bike (why the hell does a $2400 road bike with all high end parts come with a $2 headset?)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! My family is just back from vacation so I had to sit through the pics and stories last night...not too bad, they gave me dinner and dessert ;) Today I am working in the yard for a bit. We're totally altering our landscaping (trimming, removing some, adding) and I just want it to be done!!! Other than that, hopefully a ride tonight, but I am still waiting on my heart rate monitor to arrive so I can really ride!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Echo said:
Gotta love those guys who try to win the race in the first 20 feet.

I didn't ride last night even though the weather was PERFECT. I did turn my Kona back into a singlespeed though, and put a new headset on my road bike (why the hell does a $2400 road bike with all high end parts come with a $2 headset?)
The Kona is SSed again. Does that mean the Yeti arrived?

Did you throw a King on the Bianchi?