Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

J

JRB

Never heard it before, but I guess we will have to call you Dewayne Gretsky now. Hell - I don't even know how to spell the guy's name any how.

splat

Nam I am
I Are Baboon said:
Heh, I've said it before: Deck hockey is much smaller time and financial committment than ice, and I don't have to get up at 5:00 AM or stay up until midnight to play. Besides, I am GOOD at deck and I'd probably suck at ice.

THe commitment isn't that Much , Skate , Shins , Pants , SHoulder Pads , Helmet , Gloves ( which you should already have ) and ELbows Which your should already have. yyou don't haveto get a GAter belt and socks just wear sweats . hmmmm looking at it may be it is a pretty good finacial commitment. I GUess being a Goaile which has a much higher commitment level I never noticed the other stuff, even though I have a full set of gear for playing out. I could sell it to you ? ( good price too )

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
THe commitment isn't that Much , Skate , Shins , Pants , SHoulder Pads , Helmet , Gloves ( which you should already have ) and ELbows Which your should already have. yyou don't haveto get a GAter belt and socks just wear sweats . hmmmm looking at it may be it is a pretty good finacial commitment. I GUess being a Goaile which has a much higher commitment level I never noticed the other stuff, even though I have a full set of gear for playing out. I could sell it to you ? ( good price too )
What do you pay for registration/game fees? I pay $90 for a 12 game season plus playoffs.

If I ever decide to play ice, I'd need to enter a beginner league because my skating sucks. The only reason I did well in roller hockey was because of my stick handling skills.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
narlus said:
since they made wearing 2 piece bikinis mandatory.

i heard badminton's the new rage.

so what do you tough guys play? baseball? have fun with a bunch of guys in jockstraps & tight pants as you slap each others asses

I guess I'll be the non tough guy hanging around a bunch of barely clothed athletic chicks at the Vball courts

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
so what do you tough guys play? baseball? have fun with a bunch of guys in jockstraps & tight pants as you slap each others asses

I guess I'll be the non tough guy hanging around a bunch of barely clothed athletic chicks at the Vball courts

A little defensive?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
douglas said:
i wouldn't know, as i'm not in the tough guy crowd.

do stoney and dexter know about volleyball? are you making a run @ lord opie's swordsman title? :thumb:

J

JRB

douglas said:

Tennis - for anything that is not cycling. I'm not too sporty.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
SilentJ said:
Sandbagger. :monkey: :p
:o:

I will admit that I should be in a higher division, but I'm not about to quit my team to do it. Unlike bike racing, you don't just move a guy up a class if he does well. Plus I'm one dimensional...I can score, but I am atrocious on defense. :(

splat

Nam I am
I Are Baboon said:
What do you pay for registration/game fees? I pay $90 for a 12 game season plus playoffs.

If I ever decide to play ice, I'd need to enter a beginner league because my skating sucks. The only reason I did well in roller hockey was because of my stick handling skills.
I don't know , I'm a Goalie I skate free :D
but play pick games first that is usually $10 a skate

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Yo. I'm tired today. Thinking about hitting the gym again - haven't been in a couple months. :(

Last night, we had the waitress conviced that it was a good idea to play strip darts....we only got her shoes and socks off before she got in sh!te from her manager. We switched to normal darts after that. Sorry, no pics.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
holy crap, I just woke up late. My firstclass starts at 7:20 PSt, but my next class isn't untill 8:45, So I got some time to chill.

Sweet. I am getting new tires for my truck today too.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
A little defensive?
nah..

I have been playing in various leagues for a while now.....I have a geat time - & have made some good friends.

I could care less what anyone thinks about me being I play Vball.

:D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
splat said:
I t was one of those things , I asked My Doctor if when I push really hard going up hill and Chasing after People , RAcing , etc , etcm, Something that really gets the heart Pumping , Am I in danger of Damaging my heart ? So he Scheduled me for a stress test.
Earl had one done in the Spring as well....it was funny because they had him on a treadmill (in his work clothes because they told him he wouldn't need to change) for a while and he ended up going to just about the highest setting at a run to get his heart at max. The nurses were joking with him because it took him a lot longer than most to get to his max and they wondered why he was bothering with the test.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning all! Just had 3 good lesson groups in a row and an excellent band rehearsal :thumb: Quite the change from yesterday's talkfest rehearsal. Managed to spin on the rollers for a little while last night and felt GREAT! It's the longest I have hit the rollers for since I was training for Old Pueblo and I didn't even feel in the least bit worn out afterward so I am going to go again tonight too :D Usually I just do a half hour and then I lift a little, but last night 40 minutes stong. Maybe I'll even try for 45 tonight :eek:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
TreeSaw said:
Morning all! Just had 3 good lesson groups in a row and an excellent band rehearsal :thumb: Quite the change from yesterday's talkfest rehearsal. Managed to spin on the rollers for a little while last night and felt GREAT! It's the longest I have hit the rollers for since I was training for Old Pueblo and I didn't even feel in the least bit worn out afterward so I am going to go again tonight too :D Usually I just do a half hour and then I lift a little, but last night 40 minutes stong. Maybe I'll even try for 45 tonight :eek:
That's great! I've been back on the trainer and so far so good. It can be hard to find the motivation, but once I'm on, it definitely feels good, as do some weights afterwards.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
stosh said:
Yep, it's in Woodstock on Dec 9th. You guys should go with us!!!

Who is this guy? I don't think I've ever heard him.

I'll have to see about that weekend. It's the weekend before my finals, and I'm really not too much of a concert goer to begin with, so I'll have to look at it and weigh my options.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
You get my PM? Let me know about the seatpost collar. :thumb:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Morning monkeys.

Nothing going on today. It's been a long day so far, didn't sleep very well last night, and my right shoulder is bothering the hell out of me today. I went to the gym last night, and apparently the old separated shoulder (from about 8 years ago) is still giving me problems. Really achy and sore today.

More class at 2, and review for our next set of exams.

Bah.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
bluebug32 said:
That's great! I've been back on the trainer and so far so good. It can be hard to find the motivation, but once I'm on, it definitely feels good, as do some weights afterwards.
Absolutely. I generally watch the news or something on TV to pass the time while I am spinning. I like to do some weights too so I can keep my upper body in shape. I hope I can keep spinning for the next 12 weeks too! I do have a stationary bike for when I can't comfortable ride my bike on the rollers too.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good early evening.... had a great borthday yesterday... thanks to all that wished me well. I was treat to Sushi at work... yummie!!
treated myself some singletrack today... way to nice of a day not to get a ride in... tommorw is the wifes birthday so i need to get reay for that adventure...
ohh and i got my RM shirt today!!!! gonna have rock it at the club sat night!!!!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
hooples3 said:
good early evening.... had a great borthday yesterday... thanks to all that wished me well. I was treat to Sushi at work... yummie!!
treated myself some singletrack today... way to nice of a day not to get a ride in... tommorw is the wifes birthday so i need to get reay for that adventure...
ohh and i got my RM shirt today!!!! gonna have rock it at the club sat night!!!!
Where'd ya ride?