Quantcast

**Good Thursday Morning**

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Stosh has been swamped with extra work lately, so I figured I'd kick this off.

Saying farewell to my boss today. And then saying hello to lots of work as they have yet to replace him.

But, I had a great ride last night! Nailed all the jumps and the climbs, so I feel pretty good.

Have a great day everyone!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Morning all, went out on our weekly wed night ride, kept a pretty slamming pace the whole time which always feels good...Brungeman and i decided to shoot this crazy hill off of a ridge in our local park, i rode right up to it and started down, only to slide halfway down the shale section on my shin/arm/brand new x.0 carbon derailure...

Hiked back up (almost needed climbing gear to do so) and stomped it. Real good ride.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
I'm just about to leave for Colorado; no biking, but I'm planning on hiking around Rocky Mtn. NP are just goofin' off in Boulder.

That's about it, time to say my goodbye's to the dogs and hit the road!

J

JRB

Good morning. Heading to class for the day. Got my Pike spring in and it put back on the roscoe last night. They didn't order the U-Turn knob I asked for, so I'll look for that later.

Have a good day.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
I don't normally post on the "good morning" thread.........but last night I got to ride (not a road ride) for the first time in a long time. I forgot how fun it was to ride on the trails. Even though my best friend had a flat it was still the best ride I've had in a long long time........all is right with the universe.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Went to the batting cages and driving range last night. Started off in the medium speed cage, and it was WAY too slow and I was pulling/waiting on every pitch. Same went for the fast, I was yanking them dead left (I'm a righty). It threw as fast as Lenny DiNardo. The very fast was pitching them about ankle high, so that kinda sucked since it is hard to golf a 90 mile per hour pitch. Driving range was awesome, my swing is back and I am ripping the ball pretty good for this early in the season. Now I just have to get out on the course.

EDIT: Oh yea, some parts come today and tonight is ride night. Woot!

splat

Nam I am
Polandspring88 said:
Went to the batting cages and driving range last night. Started off in the medium speed cage, and it was WAY too slow and I was pulling/waiting on every pitch. Same went for the fast, I was yanking them dead left (I'm a righty). It threw as fast as Lenny DiNardo. The very fast was pitching them about ankle high, so that kinda sucked since it is hard to golf a 90 mile per hour pitch. Driving range was awesome, my swing is back and I am ripping the ball pretty good for this early in the season. Now I just have to get out on the course.

EDIT: Oh yea, some parts come today and tonight is ride night. Woot!

what batting cage did you go to ?

I rode into work today , because I had to. left my car here on Tuesday and rode my Mt bike home on a combo of road and off road ( mostly road ) then I used my Road Bike to go to and from the office yesterday and I road in today , since my car is still parked here at the office.

But I will drive home tonight , cause to night is Ride night ! wooo hooo

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
commuted in this morning, on the bike at 5:30, 45 degrees...21 miles later I was at work nice & sweaty....and I think I kinda smell

tonight, I should finally have time to make an Atlanta ride/race report

anyone doing the VT50 this year?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all. I'm back at work today despite the fact that I seem to have a low-grade fever and feel like crap. Brought my bags of peas with me so I should be ok. Flipped a coin with the wife and had to watch Amercican Idol last night, glad Taylor won. TiVo'd the LOST season finale, so I'll be watching that tonight. Gonna swing by the LBS during lunch today and drop of some $$ for the new bike and try on some road shoes. Have a good day peeps! :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Morning all. I'm back at work today despite the fact that I seem to have a low-grade fever and feel like crap. Brought my bags of peas with me so I should be ok. Flipped a coin with the wife and had to watch Amercican Idol last night, glad Taylor won. TiVo'd the LOST season finale, so I'll be watching that tonight. Gonna swing by the LBS during lunch today and drop of some $$ for the new bike and try on some road shoes. Have a good day peeps! :)

what new bike?

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
McGRP01 said:
the finale rocked! you find out why the plane crashed and all sorts of crap. but it also raises all sorts of other questions just like everything on that show

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
splat said:
what batting cage did you go to ?
Don't know if you ever venture up north, but there is one up in Tyngsboro called Max's. They have batting cages, both baseball and softball, a driving range, ice cream, and mini golf. It is a good place to go and hang out as there are so many things to do.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Hmmm...dare I attempt a century a mere month after I get the bike? Maybe I can get Treesaw and Sq-Earl to do it too? :sneaky:

it would so rock to see you 3 show up !!

but if it would be too much, too soon..theres always the fall and winter one

J

JRB

Bummer to hear, lovebunny. Get Orv to give you a hug and you'll be ok.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all. currently writing my final paper for dramatic lit. its due by the end of the day because i wont be in school tomorrow but im not in too much of a rush.

im super tired right now because i went to bed at 3:30 because i was working on the paper last night as well.

later on ill be packing all my stuff for the open and then ill be up at 2:45-3:00 am on friday morning to get all my stuff packed in the car so i can be down in melrose before 4 to get a ride down to the creek. im ****ing pumped about this weekend. itll be my first dh race and first time to diablo so it will kick ass.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
as Manhattan said, Had a great Wed. night ride. Started off crappy. I had a flat. NO NOT ON THE YETI, on my CAR! I just waited till after the ride to change it!:rolleyes: Anyway, we really pushed the pace. I was riding pretty well last night and stomped the hill that he was talking about. We are doing trail work tonight so I am stoked. I picked up a bunch of pallets to use for bridge wood etc.

Have a great day!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
douglas said:
I didnt think you had a road bike? how long is your commute?
i don't have a road bike, but i throw some slicks on the wife's spooky hardtail and i'm good to go. since i ride by myself, i don't have to worry about keeping up w/ other roadies. about the only thing i should look to do is to increase my big ring (from 32T :D).

that said, i don't spin the bike out on flats, only descents. it's 10 miles each way, and if i bust ass and catch the three road crossings well, i can do it in about 34 minutes.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Is this her bike?
:)

This photo gets the *Best couch ever holding up bike* award.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh said:
Is this her bike?
:)

nope, that's a darkside. it's an orange pit boss; not sure if i've got any photos here @ work or not. same idea though.

i had a pitboss for about 9 months in '00 before it broke. great bike. hers is the same size (17").

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
nope, that's a darkside. it's an orange pit boss; not sure if i've got any photos here @ work or not. same idea though.

i had a pitboss for about 9 months in '00 before it broke. great bike. hers is the same size (17").
the one above is a 96.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning!

Finally back at work after ten days of sitting on the jury. I have a lot of stuff to catch up on, so I'll probably be staying late tonight. Other than that not too much going on.

Have a good day everyone! :)