Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning~~

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Good morning monkeys.

Last day of finals. I've made it through once again, even though I've been really burned out this tri. Sweet.

Time to start packing for vacation and get ready to batten down the hatches and head for home.

What's everyone up to today?

Cookie!

Chimp
Aug 4, 2006
London, UK
More work for me! It's all I ever seem to do..

Yelled at a guy on a Trek bike this morning for riding (in the road) whilst listening to his iPod. Didn't seem to care..

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Margarita ride tonight. Ride some great trails, bail off through a neighborhood and wind up at the restaurant/bar. It has a great patio area where we can park the bikes next to the table. Grab a pitcher of Margaritas and some flour chips then head back. This is always a fun one.

Have a good day

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Nothing too exciting yesterday....went to the gym, then a birthday party for the father-in-law. Cold Stone ice cream cake. :drool:

Not much else going on today. I need to put together a shopping list for Saturday's planned post-ride cookout at Casa de Baboon.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
finally had some lobster this summer; decent-sized 2 pounda. tasty beast, along w/ the raw oysters as a starter. best part is that work picked up the tab.

but...was gonna ride into work today but got up too late. tomorrow it is.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning. Nothing too exciting yesterday....went to the gym, then a birthday party for the father-in-law. Cold Stone ice cream cake. :drool:

Not much else going on today. I need to put together a shopping list for Saturday's planned post-ride cookout at Casa de Baboon.
Cold stone fricken ROCKS!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Trap shooting last night. Ran the first 24 outta 25 birds then dropped the last one. What a damned shame. Oh well, I think I put up enough good scores in the Handicap rounds to earn myself a prize in the company trap league.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Cookie! said:
More work for me! It's all I ever seem to do..

Yelled at a guy on a Trek bike this morning for riding (in the road) whilst listening to his iPod. Didn't seem to care..
perhaps he just didn't hear you

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
morning monkeys

went out on the 6.6 for a spin lasr night to make sure it was ready for the weekend and wound up with 2 hrs of street riding!
today its off to the westside hwy to put some mostly car-free miles in!
rob good luck w/ your last final..and enjoy the time off.
and get your ass down to nj to ride!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Did nothing last night and there's more nothing scheduled for tonight. Planning on riding with Treesaw and her crew after work tomorrow and then there's nothing on tap for the weekend.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
hooples3 said:
morning monkeys

went out on the 6.6 for a spin lasr night to make sure it was ready for the weekend and wound up with 2 hrs of street riding!
today its off to the westside hwy to put some mostly car-free miles in!
rob good luck w/ your last final..and enjoy the time off.
and get your ass down to nj to ride!
2 finals today. Next tuesday I'm off to the Caymans. :cool:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning. Got my ass kicked last night on the SMBA trails (Tigg- don't hge mad cause I didn't call ya!) last night - rode until way dark, then went home for pizza/beer with our riding couple friends right in our 'hood. Then I promptly fell asleep in front of the TV - in other words, excellent night!

Today - work, work other job, then out to eat, then work on rebuilding singlespeed for extended weekend in Long Line Land - where all you really need is a ss...While we're there we'll do some riding with friends (and maybe competitors) at Rocky Point and East Setaukett - where "freeride" trails supposedly exist. Hope to get a beach day in also.

Friday will bring the Hawaiian Rawk Festival to Albany at Valentines - grass skirts, limbo contests, a fake volcano, funny mixed drinks and 2floors of bands. It's also going to be our cd release show - so it should be interesting at least...

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning! Another expensive day for me... just bought plane tickets to NH for Christmas for me and BV. My bank account is crying out in agony. :( I think I need a sugar daddy. On a better note, we are going to see the house tonight and it's almost the weekend. Have a good one, all! :D

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
antimony said:
Morning! Another expensive day for me... just bought plane tickets to NH for Christmas for me and BV. My bank account is crying out in agony. :( I think I need a sugar daddy. On a better note, we are going to see the house tonight and it's almost the weekend. Have a good one, all! :D

How did the furniture shopping go?

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Greyhound said:
How did the furniture shopping go?
It went well, but expensive! I bought a set: sofa, two large armchairs, and an ottoman/coffee table. It's microsuede and super comfy. :D

I get so irritated with our current sofa/loveseat because they are both slipcovered. The fabric moves around and wrinkles and comes untucked... not good for a neurotic person like myself. They will be going to the salvation army in December, hopefully a good Christmas gift for someone. :)

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Hi,
Work has been stupid busy. I did get a great ride in last night. Pleasant mtn: I rode pretty well. On the way up near the top there are a series of ugly granite faces to climb/hump over. I've cleaned 'em all individually at various times, but rarely all in the same go. The route I took down is a near continuous rock garden, with a couple of chest high ledges to keep you on your toes. Fun, fun, fun.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Had a good day today. Made some tasty treats this morning (chocolate chip cookies) and packaged up a care package to take to Doug. Had a nice visit with Douglas...he's healing and looking well and REALLY appreciates all of the out-pouring of support he has and continues to receive. I think we're going to get some dessert & a movie so I should probably go. Ride & beers tomorrow night with Tigg & some other SMBA friends!