Quantcast

+++Good Thursday Morning+++

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
ummmmmmm.......Tigg..............aren't you forgetting something??? Perhaps something about a white full suspension bike from some company out in the Pacific Northwest????? Is it done yet????
Doh! :eek:

Sorry Mark, I forgot the camera today. I will be swinging by the shop at some point today though. If she's finished I'll take some pics tonight from home with her leaning against the couch in true RM fashion. Oh, and I have a fire extingusher as well. Now I just have to borrow a wok...

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning all not to much going on today.. I feel beat.. tonight is my last working night of the week so I guess the weekend is almost here. if feels warm out so Im gonna hit the pavement by bike a little today, get some errands done and talk the puppy to the park.. so much damn excitement I tell ya

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.

Sorry Mark, I forgot the camera today. I will be swinging by the shop at some point today though. If she's finished I'll take some pics tonight from home with her leaning against the couch in true RM fashion. Oh, and I have a fire extingusher as well. Now I just have to borrow a wok...
Did Opeth steal all your woks?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut

Looking forward to seeing it Tigg!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey all -

saw/shot Explosions in the Sky last night, which was good (last minute photo access pass helped immeasurably). got the hookup for Fu Manchu tonight. rawk!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
How was Explosions in the Sky? I've got some of their stuff and it's growing on me.
they were pretty good, esp the last song, "Memorial". i also liked how they played their set, and were done. no encore, they left it all on stage.

i still prefer mogwai about 100x more than EITS though.

it was nice shooting a band w/ no mic stands. :D

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
they were pretty good, esp the last song, "Memorial". i also liked how they played their set, and were done. no encore, they left it all on stage.

Hrm. I think I only have about 4 of their songs, and Memorial isn't one of them. Off to e-music to listen and download.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut

ummmmm.........narlus can you enlighten me on these bands please?

Mogwai????

EITS???

Fu Manchu??

Are these indy bands or am I just way way way out of touch with the music scene??? :help:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ummmmm.........narlus can you enlighten me on these bands please?

Mogwai????

EITS???

Fu Manchu??

Are these indy bands or am I just way way way out of touch with the music scene??? :help:
mogwai - long running (since '95?) stalwarts of the ill-named 'post-rock' scene, taking the baton from Slint. think grandiose, epic, sweeping rock gestures, mostly w/o vocals. guitar histrionics, both beautiful and ugly. more guitar effects pedals than you could possibly touch w/ yr feet.

EITS=Explosions in the Sky. mines a similar tunnel to mogwai, just not as good. us-based (TX). no vocals (mogwai has limited vocals).

Fu Manchu = butt rock, 70s style. think hard rock, like maybe thin lizzy or UFO or aerosmith.

sounds like i need to resurrect SotD :lighten:

edit - i guess you could say these are indie bands, as they are not on a major label (mogwai is on Matador, EITS is on Temporary Residence, and i'm not sure what label FM is on); that said, mogwai was featured on the recent Miami Vice soundtrack, and i heard a snippet of their song "Like Herod" on an episode of CSI last year.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Fu Manchu = butt rock, 70s style. think hard rock, like maybe thin lizzy or UFO or aerosmith
Yes, and they look like they stepped right out of Dogtown and the Z-Boys with their long blond hair, OP shirts and van slip ons!

PS, I only wish they sounded as good as THIN LIZZY! They didn't have the guitarmonies that TL posessed.