Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I spent yesterday after feeding a wood chipper for 3.5hrs. It's nice to have an 11.5hr work day. Actually it was really nice to get out and do some manual labor for a change. Hopefully I'll be able to do some framing this summer after we finish clearing his lot.

Have a great day!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

Spen yesterday in Philly for a seminar. Was ok... nothing I didn't already know, but it's good to have my boss hear "experts" say the same things I've been saying for the last year or so. Hopefully it will filter though to other channels that I know what I'm talking about.

Got a long day today, but that's mostly my doing so I can enjoy my day off tomorrow. Hoping to ride in the morning, kayak/fish mid day, then ride some more in the afternoon.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh

Spen yesterday in Philly for a seminar. Was ok... nothing I didn't already know, but it's good to have my boss hear "experts" say the same things I've been saying for the last year or so. Hopefully it will filter though to other channels that I know what I'm talking about.

Got a long day today, but that's mostly my doing so I can enjoy my day off tomorrow. Hoping to ride in the morning, kayak/fish mid day, then ride some more in the afternoon.

Yeah I'm totally jealous of that. It's supposed to be real nice tomorrow.
If I even mentioned that the "state" has the day off tomorrow to my boss he's probably flip out being that he hates republicans, friggan hippie!!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Wood chippers rock :thumb:

Oracle upgrades, however, blow. I've got so much validation paperwork to get through in the next 3 days, I will be shocked if I don't end up staying here until 9pm tonight.

The end result? We upgrade to a version of Oracle that has already been out for several months and will be out of date by mid-summer when 11.5.10 comes out. And then we upgrade and the process starts over again...

Oh well. Job security.

splat

Nam I am
Morning Stosh

Its raining here Now. Had some wicked thunder storms last night , a nice light show.

Not much on tap for today , if it stops raining hope to get an after work ride in.

But Yesterday I was suppose to have dental surgury on tooth #19. It had been root canaled 25 years ago, and they missed one of the roots . well recently it got infected and they were going to do this special root surgury on it. and I went to the specilist in Boston to do it. He probed for about 10 minutes and declared the tooth is too far gone for him to save it. So Now I have to have it pulled and get an Implant. The tooth doesn't hurt me at all, can't they just give me some Anti-boitics and get let me just chew away ?

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
The sun, the sun. Oh my eyes.

Had to break down and go running yesterday. We've had over 4" of rain in the last two days. At least, I don't have to water.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning Stosh

Its raining here Now. Had some wicked thunder storms last night , a nice light show.

Not much on tap for today , if it stops raining hope to get an after work ride in.

But Yesterday I was suppose to have dental surgury on tooth #19. It had been root canaled 25 years ago, and they missed one of the roots . well recently it got infected and they were going to do this special root surgury on it. and I went to the specilist in Boston to do it. He probed for about 10 minutes and declared the tooth is too far gone for him to save it. So Now I have to have it pulled and get an Implant. The tooth doesn't hurt me at all, can't they just give me some Anti-boitics and get let me just chew away ?

Ha, it sounds like fun! Tooth works sucks! I can feel the needle in my cheek just thinking about it.

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
shifty S said:
i get to spend the day running and swimming to get in shape for my lifeguard certification this weekend, sure beats real work :thumb:
Hey that's fun, I was a lifeguard back in my younger days.

J

JRB

stosh said:
How is everybody today?

I spent yesterday after feeding a wood chipper for 3.5hrs. It's nice to have an 11.5hr work day. Actually it was really nice to get out and do some manual labor for a change. Hopefully I'll be able to do some framing this summer after we finish clearing his lot.

Have a great day!
Yo - I am not sure that I am down with feeding a chipper anything

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco-gringo said:
Yo - I am not sure that I am down with feeding a chipper anything

I've never seen so many warnings on a piece of machinery before...

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Morning Stosh! :D

Booked my flight reservations last night! Today should be an easy day at work, one of my coworker's birthday is today so we are having a party this afternoon for her. Other than that not to much going on.

Have a good day! :)

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Went to the Global Petroleum show last night...free beer all night! :drool: :eek: :dead:

Gonna go for some wings tonight...hopefully I can get a mini-ride in later.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Morning Stosh! :D

Booked my flight reservations last night! Today should be an easy day at work, one of my coworker's birthday is today so we are having a party this afternoon for her. Other than that not to much going on.

Have a good day! :)

Ha, the one place I used to work at was mostly guys in the lab dept. We always had b-day parties and everybody would stand around the table and not say a thing, kinda like on office space. I always hated work b-days. They had a going away party for me when I left, that was weird!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
We have parties here for everything... holidays, bdays, end of the year, etc. Sometimes it good, sometimes not so good. We also do going away parties which are always interesting. Some leaves here the office buys them a bunch of Binghamton University paraphanlia (sp?)... like they are going to want that once they leave... espeically if they are taking a job at another school.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
stosh said:
Ha, the one place I used to work at was mostly guys in the lab dept. We always had b-day parties and everybody would stand around the table and not say a thing, kinda like on office space. I always hated work b-days. They had a going away party for me when I left, that was weird!
That's why it's more fun to work in an office full of women. ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
We have parties here for everything... holidays, bdays, end of the year, etc. Sometimes it good, sometimes not so good. We also do going away parties which are always interesting. Some leaves here the office buys them a bunch of Binghamton University paraphanlia (sp?)... like they are going to want that once they leave... espeically if they are taking a job at another school.

Ha ha ha! Thats funny!
BU for life!