Quantcast

~~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had another great ride last night. It did however start down pouring in the middle of the ride at which point we decided to turn around thing was we were at the furthest out point... oh well it was fun! I need to get some clear or yellow glasses...

Oh and my uncle went ahead and made reservations for our trip to cali at a hotel in Yosemite. Thing is he made them for the wrong week!! This should be an interesting trip.

Hope ya all have a great day.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Bout time you got here.
Wow, you're on time today! Bout time you got in here on time this week!!!

What have you been sneaking in the back door then zoning out at your computer for an hour?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
stosh said:
Wow, you're on time today! Bout time you got in here on time this week!!!

What have you been sneaking in the back door then zoning out at your computer for an hour?
But it looks like I'm working.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - I worked late last night - that sucked. I did get a Transcend DH jersey in the mail when I got home though. Nice jersey!!

Very gloomy out today. A proposal I wrote for $1.65M goes up for a vote in Indianapolis at 8:30 central time today. Keep your fingers crossed for me Monkeys!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

As you know, I recently bought a pair of Oakleys with interchangable lenses. I got a clear set of lenses for biking and they work great. But the other day it occured to me - I've got a pair of Ektelon raquetball safety glasses from a couple of years ago (back when I was playing a lot of raquetball). I got them at a sporting goods store for about $20. Cheap, clear, and durable. Something like that might be a good solution. The "sport" safety glasses are generally better looking than workshop ones.

These are very similar to mine... probably just this year's version.

Unfortunately, no ride yesterday - got rained out yet again. I heard there are flood warnings for this afternoon into tonight, so I assuming some good storms are going to roll in this afternoon some time. Hence, I doubt I'll be riding tonight either.

Finally got a body lift installed on my truck. My tires don't rub anymore, and I'm pretty sure I've got enough clearance so they won't rub off-road either. I'll know for sure Sunday at Paragon. I've got a couple of pictures on my website, if you're interested.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

As you know, I recently bought a pair of Oakleys with interchangable lenses. I got a clear set of lenses for biking and they work great. But the other day it occured to me - I've got a pair of Ektelon raquetball safety glasses from a couple of years ago (back when I was playing a lot of raquetball). I got them at a sporting goods store for about $20. Cheap, clear, and durable. Something like that might be a good solution. The "sport" safety glasses are generally better looking than workshop ones.

These are very similar to mine... probably just this year's version.

I got a great pair of smith sliders but I lost the yellow and orange lenses. So I'm just going to buy a new set of lenses. I'm debating on what colors to get. I like yellow so I'll probably get that.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - I worked late last night - that sucked. I did get a Transcend DH jersey in the mail when I got home though. Nice jersey!!

Very gloomy out today. A proposal I wrote for $1.65M goes up for a vote in Indianapolis at 8:30 central time today. Keep your fingers crossed for me Monkeys!!
Yeah I'm supposed to get a rollamajig in the mail. I it must be delayed. :)

WOrking late always sucks!!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
stosh said:
I got a great pair of smith sliders but I lost the yellow and orange lenses. So I'm just going to buy a new set of lenses. I'm debating on what colors to get. I like yellow so I'll probably get that.
You can get clear.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
Before you do that, I've got a pair of Smith Sliders at home that I never wear anymore, and I don't think I even ever put in the yellow or orange lenses. PM me.

Saw The Village last night. It was an okay movie - I was disappointed because I was in the mindset to see a certain type of movie (which they implied it was in the previews), and then it turned out not to be what I expected. I guess I shouldn't be suprised considering my disappointment with Signs, but I had high hopes...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Didnt get to ride last night because of the fahking rain...sucked, so i sat around and worked on my website i am going to launch soon.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Before you do that, I've got a pair of Smith Sliders at home that I never wear anymore, and I don't think I even ever put in the yellow or orange lenses. PM me.

Saw The Village last night. It was an okay movie - I was disappointed because I was in the mindset to see a certain type of movie (which they implied it was in the previews), and then it turned out not to be what I expected. I guess I shouldn't be suprised considering my disappointment with Signs, but I had high hopes...
Check your PM's

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
Well I finally took my new to me bike out yesterday. I debated on it since we had a heat index of a 105 or something. I was feeling it too. On the way back I was feeling a little light headed probably because I wasn't drinking enough. Anyway, I made it back, and I love the new FS. It was awesome tearing over things I would normally try to avoid. I must of got a little too crazy because I rolled the lip on my wheel towards the end. I thought I had taco'd my wheel, but it was just the tire. Then I left my gloves on my bumper. Oh well.

Jackson - did you go with the RB 1"? I thought I remember you talking about that lift.

Stosh, I need some clear or something too. I'm still running my Oakleys, and they have blue lenses which are probably the worse to have. They make things nice and dark.

Oh and...Good Morning.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jdcamb said:
Morning..... We're so proud of you for not bailing. Could this be a trend? ....jdcamb
Yeah I said the other day I'm trying to ride as much as possible lately. I'm sick of going home from work and sitting around.

Oh and I got a flat tire at the trail head.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
JSB said:
Stosh, I need some clear or something too. I'm still running my Oakleys, and they have blue lenses which are probably the worse to have. They make things nice and dark.

Oh and...Good Morning.

Yeah glasses are important. I need to get a pair for my GF too. She needs a pair of kids size glasses though because she's got a little round head and most glasses look silly on her.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Believe it or not, yellow is still a tint and when it gets dark, clear is the only answer from what I've found.
Yeah I guess if there is a day sometime when I do some night riding it would probably be best too.
I guess I've been mostly concerned with low light and I figured yellow would help brighten things up.

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
mornin ya'll

big day for me. I signed the lease to my new commercial space yesterday, and am telling my current partners today that I am outta here. Should be interesting. The new space is on the SAME BLOCK that I am on now, so it will be a little odd. The new business should be open and running september first!

stosh, did you ever submit your resume to that other company? I missed the discussion if you did.

haven't ridden in close to a month. had some stuff come up right before leaving to monekyfest, so I didn't get to go. plus need all the cash I can at the moment...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
stosh said:
Yeah I said the other day I'm trying to ride as much as possible lately. I'm sick of going home from work and sitting around.

Oh and I got a flat tire at the trail head.
Very good. Once you start riding daily you won't know what to do with yourself when you don't get a ride in....

Don't you run tubeless? Are you running any tire sealant in them? ......jdcamb

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Yeah but why would I want clear over yellow?
I can't use any tint in the woods - it's just to dark for me. I've got some kind of fancy lense with my Oakelys that some how increases the contrast, essentially brightening everything up. The tint is still too much for me. Clear lenses are the only things that work for me in the woods.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
F'in heat -- already 82F at 8:45.

Yellow is good most of the time. I even night ride with them with no issues, though clear would be better.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
JSB said:
Jackson - did you go with the RB 1"? I thought I remember you talking about that lift.

No, I went with a 2" Performance Accessories kit. RB's website confused me as to excatly what I needed for my rig. I e-mailed him and asked if I needed certain parts. All he did was refer me back to his website. That's not the kind of service I appreciate, especially when his kit was about $50 more than the performance kit.

As for the glasses - which oakley's do you have? replacement lenses are pretty cheap if they make the for your glasses. If not, check out raquetball glasses (or something similar) as I mentioned above. It's definitely the economical way to go... I just wish I had thought about it sooner.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
jacksonpt said:
Clear lenses are the only things that work for me in the woods.
That's funny.. I tried a set of my friend's yellow Smiths and really liked it in the woods - it actually seemed to brighten things up a little bit. I'm not a big fan of clear lenses, I'll usually ride with no glasses of I don't want a tint.

Different strokes...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MtnBikerNJ said:
mornin ya'll

big day for me. I signed the lease to my new commercial space yesterday, and am telling my current partners today that I am outta here. Should be interesting. The new space is on the SAME BLOCK that I am on now, so it will be a little odd. The new business should be open and running september first!

stosh, did you ever submit your resume to that other company? I missed the discussion if you did.

haven't ridden in close to a month. had some stuff come up right before leaving to monekyfest, so I didn't get to go. plus need all the cash I can at the moment...

YEah I sent in my resume yesterday.

Congrats on signing the new lease man!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
binary visions said:
That's funny.. I tried a set of my friend's yellow Smiths and really liked it in the woods - it actually seemed to brighten things up a little bit. I'm not a big fan of clear lenses, I'll usually ride with no glasses of I don't want a tint.

Different strokes...
I guess I should add that I don't wear them because of the sun (or lack there of). I wear them to keep crap out of my eyes.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
I can't use any tint in the woods - it's just to dark for me. I've got some kind of fancy lense with my Oakelys that some how increases the contrast, essentially brightening everything up. The tint is still too much for me. Clear lenses are the only things that work for me in the woods.
I like tint in the woods but by 5pm the grey lenses I have are to much.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
JSB said:
Isn't there a pink lense that helps with brightening. I think one of the guys I ride with uses a pink tinted lense.
Oakely does make a pink lens - I don't know anything about it though. Check out their Persimmion leses. When you first put them on, they almost hurt your eyes because thigns are soo sharp. Supposedly, the increase the contrast which is supposed to make you see more clearly. I've got a set with my Half Jackets and I really like them, even in really bright sunlight.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
jacksonpt said:
I guess I should add that I don't wear them because of the sun (or lack there of). I wear them to keep crap out of my eyes.
Right, that's the only real reason to wear clear lenses (if you're wearing clear, there probably isn't enough sun to hurt your eyes). I just have this funny thing about wearing sunglasses where I somehow feel restricted in what I can see. I'm sure it's mostly in my head though.

I wear goggles for DH but often go without for trail rides. I know I probably shouldn't...

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
i usually always wear orange. just a little tint for daylight, and enhance enough contrast in the trees. but I wear yellow when it dusk or raining because it cuts out the blue alot and makes contrast alot better...

thanks stosh... yea I'm a little nervous. like spincrazy said: LET THE ULCER BEGIN!

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
stosh said:
Yeah glasses are important. I need to get a pair for my GF too. She needs a pair of kids size glasses though because she's got a little round head and most glasses look silly on her.
Morning Stosh.
My small-headed wife like Smith Toasters - and they DO look like kid's glasses on my mellon. Look good on het though. Check them out.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MtnBikerNJ said:
i usually always wear orange. just a little tint for daylight, and enhance enough contrast in the trees. but I wear yellow when it dusk or raining because it cuts out the blue alot and makes contrast alot better...

thanks stosh... yea I'm a little nervous. like spincrazy said: LET THE ULCER BEGIN!
Cool thanks for the advice!

So what exactly are you planning on doing at the new place? What's your game plan anyway?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mackie said:
Morning Stosh.
My small-headed wife like Smith Toasters - and they DO look like kid's glasses on my mellon. Look good on het though. Check them out.
Oh cool thanks for the help. We'll have to try them out. Her birthday is this weekend.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
BLAH...I wear clear to keep crap out of my eyes, but they dont work too good when you leave them on top of your vehicle.....like I did last night in a race> mud & a fast section & no eyewear = not good

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
BLAH...I wear clear to keep crap out of my eyes, but they dont work too good when you leave them on top of your vehicle.....like I did last night in a race> mud & a fast section & no eyewear = not good
oh man that totally sucks!!