Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today? I'm f'ing busy today... I probably will be for a while...

Didn't do much last night. Went to my GF's softball game which was cool. They played well!!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Good morning stosh.

Busy weekend. Went to my girlfriend's brother's high school graduation & subsequent party on Saturday, went to a wedding Sunday (which was fun), but had Monday off so I did get one day of rest in there.

Got my new computer up and running :D :D - this is my first new computer in 10 years; I've always had hand-me-downs. It's screaming fast, too. I tried to spec something middle of the line that allowed for future expandability. 64 bit AMD processor (maybe a new dual-core processor in the future :sneaky: ), 1gb RAM, 256mb GeForce video card, 160gb SATA drive... :drool:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Well i had a bad fall last week on my 05' chameleon, and i thought my back was the only thing that really got it bad, i was wrong...Bent my frame :dead:, right at the drop out. The good news is that after about an hour of careful bending and aligning, my old boss (from the bike shop) and I got it straight :D...riding tonight!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Not much to report on today... they finally started the brick on our house. I guess that's the only thing even remotely newsworthly from out here.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Not much to report on today... they finally started the brick on our house. I guess that's the only thing even remotely newsworthly from out here.
do did you have a construction loan to build this home?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
Morning. My rear der and chain ate some spokes in the rear wheel last night. Good ride otherwise.
I think when I'm in Portland I'm gonna hook up with some of the locals for their Tuesday night ride.

Can you make it down there then?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I started initial preparations last night for the 24 hour race this weekend....went over the bikes, got my list together, and made a to-do list. It's good to be organized.

I had a hockey game last night. We lost 5-4 to the team we smoked the other night...dammit. They were obviously missing a couple of key players that first game because they were MUCH better last night. I had two goals and an assist.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
DORK ALERT!!
*ahem*

SkaredShtles said:
<snip>I have a little gateway server as my "desktop" with a dual U160 SCSI controller. I have 6 disks in it right now. An 18GB, 4-9GB, and a 36GB. I will start slowly replacing the 9s with 36s as I get 'em.

Nice thing about SCSI is that I can attach 16 devices to each channel. (Not that I'd ever have the money or power to attach that many) :thumb:
...from here.

Bite me :D

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
stosh said:
I think when I'm in Portland I'm gonna hook up with some of the locals for their Tuesday night ride.

Can you make it down there then?
Probably. I've been meaning to head down sometime and check to see if the River trail is still going, or if it got washed away this spring.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Mornin stosh,

not too much going on here. got down to my LBS to check out that front disc situation.. after a while and a few phone calss i was able to get a part number for a special adapter I need to run the discs properly... it figures the nice guy told me...that year/model fork is one of the most difficult set ups and a different adapter is used for each type of disc brake you run... he assured me this one would work great so i ordered 3. Other than that, not too much.. probably gonna go into Manhattan to ride today and get some miles in.

So did you g/f win ??

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
Yeah - but that was a cheap old piece of crap when I bought it. And it still is.

My point stands. :eviltongu
Well, this machine only cost me $500, so it wasn't exactly a fortune. Besides, the point was about being a dork, not about how much money was spent - I think even knowing what a U160 SCSI controller is, let alone how many devices you can daisy chain together, qualifies you :p

Besides... you know you're just jealous. Don't hate me because my computer is beautiful.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Didn't you just build a new home last year???

:confused:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
sirknight6 said:
Still pumping CAD?
Heck yes I am!!!
I've been doing a lot of project managment type stuff for our office lately. Which means 1/2day of cad 1/2 day of talking on the phones and sending out e-mails.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
MtnBikerChk said:
WHO ARE YOU?
Ah....I would like to defer that question to council as the answer could possibly incriminate me.

Or,

A much burnt out working stiff/student with 3 boys starting high school.

Or,

A washed up guitar player burnt out from touring and recording last spring summer and fall……

Or,

Someone who spent 2 grand on a monster guitar and love to play her.

Or,

Just some dope who’s been gone a while.
:p

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
stosh said:
Heck yes I am!!!
I've been doing a lot of project managment type stuff for our office lately. Which means 1/2day of cad 1/2 day of talking on the phones and sending out e-mails.

I've been pumping CAD (Microstation) since December for a large cigarette manufacturer in the Richmond VA area. Contract, but it helps the wide with the bills.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
N8 said:
And still work to be done a year later?

:dead:
yep - brick work on the front of the house, the chimney, the fireplace, the yard, some basic landscaping, then a few little things that still need to be tied up.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - rode the Ted Wojcik around a bit last night - love the way that bike fits! Stopped over to say Hi to MBC, IAB, Jewell and their cats. They surprised me with an early birthday present - a nice new RM Jersey!!!!

IAB and MBC rock!!!

Busy day at work and then I'm going over to a fellow Monkey's place this evening for some frame exchange/bike tuning work etc. etc. Should be an interesting night when all is said and done.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Morning - rode the Ted Wojcik around a bit last night - love the way that bike fits! Stopped over to say Hi to MBC, IAB, Jewell and their cats. They surprised me with an early birthday present - a nice new RM Jersey!!!!

IAB and MBC rock!!!
Happy Birthday a month early, muchambo! :thumb: :cool:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:
Well, this machine only cost me $500, so it wasn't exactly a fortune. Besides, the point was about being a dork, not about how much money was spent - I think even knowing what a U160 SCSI controller is, let alone how many devices you can daisy chain together, qualifies you :p
Ummmm...... I've never disputed that fact that I may be a dork. In fact, I think it's quite likely. But we're not talking about *me*, Slick.

Besides... you know you're just jealous. Don't hate me because my computer is beautiful.
It doesn't have SCSI, so no jealousy. :p

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Late night was quiet, just chilled and watched Hell's Kitchen. :rolleyes: Had dentist appt. this morning and got an A+ from the Doc. Today, I'm headed down to the LBS to pick up some supplies for the race this weekend. Lube, tubes, etc... After that, gotta mow the lawn and do some more painting around the house. Hope to get a ride in this afternoon as well! Have a good day all! :)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Sup monkeys. Went to visit Dad last night, since I was travelling back from MBW on the "real" Father's Day.

Hoping T-blazer will have some good news for me from Yeti, otherwise I'm really gonna be suffering at Dalton :dead:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Rode around the local park last night with my 8 year old sister. It was fun enough, but my rear brake still can't stop worth a damn. I think I either need to bleed it, get new pads, or just get a new brake (I have an HFX-9). Now I am sitting here at work, and it is going to be a scorcher today. Overall I am not doing too poorly.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
sirknight6 said:
I've been pumping CAD (Microstation) since December for a large cigarette manufacturer in the Richmond VA area. Contract, but it helps the wide with the bills.
what are you drawing?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
G'Mornin'

Bland little afternoon and evening yesterday. Tried to go for a ride after work. The temps were just unbelievably mellow yesterday. Things were going well until I snapped a chain 20 minutes into the ride. Luckily, I was at a part of the trail that came near the parking lot, so I hoofed it out and went home. The dog was definatley disappointed---brough me his tennis ball about 200 times afterward for a game of catch. Funny dog. Did a lot of laundry, grilled some hamburgers, and chilled on the couch until beddy-by time. Fast forward to today, and here we are. :sneaky:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MMcG said:
Morning - rode the Ted Wojcik around a bit last night - love the way that bike fits!
:thumb:

BV, good to hear yr PC is going well. just keep the cracked discs out of it. :D

great morning so far. woke up a bit early, did a short run, got home and brewed a big pot of coffee, took a shower and then made a big batch of pancakes w/ my boys.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Echo said:
Sup monkeys. Went to visit Dad last night, since I was travelling back from MBW on the "real" Father's Day.

Hoping T-blazer will have some good news for me from Yeti, otherwise I'm really gonna be suffering at Dalton :dead:
are you waiting on a 575 Echo?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
It doesn't have SCSI, so no jealousy. :p
I'll take 85% of the performance for 1/2 the price, thank you :p

Not to mention the theoretical limits of SATA are much, much higher...