Quantcast

~~~Good Tuesday Morning~~~

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
Not sure where I was going to ride, was actually thinking of the Kingdom trails but I havn't figured out where they are yet.

I think that is my most direct route but I may go straight up I81 and cut over to Albany from Binghamton for traffic reasons.

about 2.5 hours north of manchester - East Burke, VT

keep me updated on your plans (especially if you're riding close to albany)

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
BTW welcome to the Ironhorse clan!
Thanks! It's nice to know that Darkhorse is affiliated with them if I need any work/ warrenty stuff done. I may be frantically calling you later this week for some bike assembly assistance! ;) I'll bring the beer!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
You should be looking for a Reebok clan as many pics as I've seen of you trail running here lately while everybody else rides. :p
Good point....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Thanks! It's nice to know that Darkhorse is affiliated with them if I need any work/ warrenty stuff done. I may be frantically calling you later this week for some bike assembly assistance! ;) I'll bring the beer!
Darkhorse is affiliated with them?

Will be around all weekend?
I might be going to the DH race at Mtn Creek Sunday with Aubrey if you would like to go.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
bluebug32 said:
So you have all Sora components then? Are they working out well for you?
umm.......lets see what the web says

I have had no shifting problems

Bottom Bracket: SEMI CARTRIDGE

Crankset: POLISHED ALLOY

Rings: 52/42/30T

Chain: HG - 50

Front Derailleur: SHIMANO 2203

Rear Derailleur: SHIMANO SORA

Shifter: SHIMANO SORA STI

Freewheel: SHIMANO HG 5012/25T 8SPD, CASSETTE

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
robdamanii said:
Morning :monkey:s

Nothing to report. Found a road bike last night, so I'll most likely be picking that up. I watched my Eagles get trounced (but did win the Fantasy league) and drank beer after doing some reading for class.

Ugh...8 AM classes are a killer.

Cheers.
Thank you very much for that jab Rob. Your boy T.O. laid a serious egg and Atlanta's defense was on fire. Other than watching the game and going for a run my night was uneventful.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Darkhorse is affiliated with them?

Will be around all weekend?
I might be going to the DH race at Mtn Creek Sunday with Aubrey if you would like to go.
Do they sell Iron Horse bikes there? Maybe I'm confused....

I'm actually upstate this weekend for the Rolling Stones concert. I'll be back Sun. Sounds like fun, though!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
douglas said:
umm.......lets see what the web says

I have had no shifting problems

Bottom Bracket: SEMI CARTRIDGE

Crankset: POLISHED ALLOY

Rings: 52/42/30T

Chain: HG - 50

Front Derailleur: SHIMANO 2203

Rear Derailleur: SHIMANO SORA

Shifter: SHIMANO SORA STI

Freewheel: SHIMANO HG 5012/25T 8SPD, CASSETTE

Same specs as mine.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
BikeGeek said:
G'morning all.

So, if your wife has locked down the credit cards and other finances in preparation for the upcoming child, how do you go about coming up with some money for a frame to build up over the winter? Difficulty: no selling other bikes from the stable and no prostitution. :confused:

For the record, I have my eye on this beauty, SS of course. :)
You do have an extra lung, and kidney that I bet could fetch a pretty penny. Same goes for the blood and you could always try a sperm bank.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
robdamanii said:
Ugh...8 AM classes are a killer.

Cheers.
Try teaching them!
So this undergrad walks in today at the beginning of the 5th class, and explains that he's trying to get special permission to register for the class late. I'm filling out his form, and under "Classes Missed" I write "4". He's like "No, I only missed 2 classes!" I had to explain to him that the semester started 2 weeks ago. He didn't know.....:dead: :dead:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Mackie said:
Try teaching them!
So this undergrad walks in today at the beginning of the 5th class, and explains that he's trying to get special permission to register for the class late. I'm filling out his form, and under "Classes Missed" I write "4". He's like "No, I only missed 2 classes!" I had to explain to him that the semester started 2 weeks ago. He didn't know.....:dead: :dead:
Where/what do you teach?

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
bluebug32 said:
Thanks, Reactor! Now I understand your username a little better ;)

Does anyone have any 105 shifters they'd like some cash for?
What shifters are on there now, Bug?

EDIT---->Duh, Sora, I saw that.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
bluebug32 said:
Where/what do you teach?
Well, I'm on the faculty at a med school in NYC, but I'm doing someone a favor and covering a Phisological Psychology class at Brooklyn College.
My grad school advisor needed a replcaement for the semester, and I'm helping him out.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Wumpus said:
F'n fourth day with the f'n flu.
I hear that. I didn't make it into the office yesterday........Came home from the office after being there about 50 mins today. I hate being couped up in the house :mumble:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Senôr Lopez said:
Thank you very much for that jab Rob. Your boy T.O. laid a serious egg and Atlanta's defense was on fire. Other than watching the game and going for a run my night was uneventful.
I really wished TO would have sacked up and scored a TD, because I really wanted to see WHAT he would do with it. Frankly, I did NOT expect to win that one, and I seriously expected Atlanta's defense to roll over and die, but perhaps that won't be the case this year.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
When I'm up at 7:30 and there's few interesting threads, what do you propose I do? YEAH, MAKE SOME CONVERSATION! :thumb:
Thats great but you don't need to steal MY GMT to do it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
How do you have time to monkey in the morning before school? Man, I'd get more sleep if I were you. The monkey can wait! You're just a computer nerd ;)
Thats what I've been wondering....

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
bluebug32 said:
How do you have time to monkey in the morning before school? Man, I'd get more sleep if I were you. The monkey can wait! You're just a computer nerd ;)
For some reason, once I have the routine of getting up, I GET UP, despite all my best efforts to stay the hell asleep. It bugs me that I can't sleep in, even if I want to.

That's not to say that I'm a morning person at all, because I HATE mornings. But if I'm up, I might as well do something.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
robdamanii said:
For some reason, once I have the routine of getting up, I GET UP, despite all my best efforts to stay the hell asleep. It bugs me that I can't sleep in, even if I want to.

That's not to say that I'm a morning person at all, because I HATE mornings. But if I'm up, I might as well do something.

I hear ya, monday morning I woke up at 4:15

:mumble:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Oh man, can I just say that I hate people who abandon animals. I was just taking a little hike in our city park over lunch and someone dropped off the sweetest little kitten and it was begging for my attention. Let's just say that it would be in my car right now if I didn't have a no pets policy at my apartment.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Westy said:
On a supposed vacation this week. Just trying to get stuff done around home. Will be going to a wedding up in Manchester Vermont this weekend, thinking about heading up a day early and doing some riding Saturday morning. Any NE monkeys interested in a ride?
YES!!! Manchester isn't too far from us at all (it's about 25 minutes from where I grew up). You're welcome to crash here too if need be. Let us know....we can show you Spier or the SMBA trails!