Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody?

Man I had a long F'ing commute this morning. It's amazing how much a single bus can increase a morning commute time.

Anyway I had to mail a bunch of bike parts out this morning. It only cost me 11.60 to mail a bike frame via the USPS. I was pretty f'ing happy about that.

Hope ya all have a great day!

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Mornin' all, I made the mistake of trying to ride last night. I spent about 15 minutes riding and 40 minutes trying to clean the mud off of my bike afterwards. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Good f'ing morning stosh.

I'm f'ing exhausted, not much sleep last night. Oh well. On my second f'ing cup of coffee already and I've only been here for 30 minutes.

The good news is that Jenn got the time off in April so we're going to Bermuda :D!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
GumbaFish said:
Mornin' all, I made the mistake of trying to ride last night. I spent about 15 minutes riding and 40 minutes trying to clean the mud off of my bike afterwards. Oh well, it was worth a shot.
Where did you ride? I was going to, but my dog got loose, so I spent an hour running after him instead. Not nearly as much fun as riding, but a far better workout.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Had a crappy night last night. One of my dogs got loose, so I spent about an hour chasing him through the woods. Funny how you don't notice how many thorn bushes you run through until you get in the shower.

Woke up at about 1am, couldn't get back to sleep. So after laying there awake for 3 hours, I got up and hit the trainer to the tune of 2 hours and 31.6 miles. I'm really dragging now.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Had a crappy night last night. One of my dogs got loose, so I spent about an hour chasing him through the woods. Funny how you don't notice how many thorn bushes you run through until you get in the shower.

Woke up at about 1am, couldn't get back to sleep. So after laying there awake for 3 hours, I got up and hit the trainer to the tune of 2 hours and 31.6 miles. I'm really dragging now.
You seem to have sleeping problems!

You need to go for a bike ride with Syadisti in PA. You slept for like 4 days straight after that.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I sense a theme. I couldn't sleep either, so I'm up early. Looks like a windy and rainy ride in today. Tonight I'm going to the pool to do some deep water running. Should be a good workout.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not much here, went to the gym last night then slept like a rock.

I've been trying to run more lately and managed to run at a quick pace for a good 30 minutes yesterday, a record for my gimpy ass.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Tried to ride skytop, it was just absurdly muddy. Looks like rain today, if not I might test my luck with splitrock and see if that is any better.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Yeah, interesting theme. I had trouble getting to sleep last night too :think:

Anyway, I've got class from 9:30-2, and then hopefully I can get in a ride before I have to go to rehearsal for the show i'm designing at 7

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning:stosh: and all you:monkey:'s out there

went to the eye doc yesterday and got some drops to take care of the ulcer in my eye. The eyedoc was HOT:drool: ... she is new... and I was a little leary of seeing someone other than the guy that cured it the first time, but now I am happy I did.

What frame did you ship?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I had a headache last night so didn't do much of anything...including eating dinner. Funny how not eating dinner makes a man hungry in the morning.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
Morning:stosh: and all you:monkey:'s out there

went to the eye doc yesterday and got some drops to take care of the ulcer in my eye. The eyedoc was HOT:drool: ... she is new... and I was a little leary of seeing someone other than the guy that cured it the first time, but now I am happy I did.

What frame did you ship?
A Trek 8000.
I sold it yesterday.
See the link in my sig, I took the frame down but I have some other stuff for sale.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning monkeys...

it was too nice to be sitting inside yesterday so i pushed my luck and went for an easy ride... it felt great to be outside and the ride was longer than expected. My head was still hurting a little but not enough to stop me. I feel so much better today.
I the leak in my house has been remedied <as i cross my fingers>.
more work in the house tonight.. little annoying stuff really.
Glad to hear you sold your bike Stosh.

as far as not being able to sleep??? not me.. slept like a baby.. but thats what happens when you get up at 4 am everyday, and dont go to bed until 10-11 o'clock

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning. I had a headache last night so didn't do much of anything...including eating dinner. Funny how not eating dinner makes a man hungry in the morning.
Funny, I usually feel hungrier in the morning if I've eaten well the night before.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - I slept like crap last night too. I think it was because I was pissed off about the way my boss acted last night at a dedication event at the Health Center. She was out of control.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Morning - I slept like crap last night too. I think it was because I was pissed off about the way my boss acted last night at a dedication event at the Health Center. She was out of control.
Was she drunk or something?

Dude, your new avatar rules! :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
care to elaborate?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Was she drunk or something?

Dude, your new avatar rules! :D
Nope she wasn't but she was really high strung. There was this couple there that I've been assigned to, but she just grabbed them and monopolized her time with them. I got to talk to the husband for about five minutes when I wanted to spend a good twenty minutes or so talking with this couple, but she just wisked them off to a tour of the new facility we dedicated. She was like a different person at this event - weird.

GO WHALE! :D

J

JRB

MMcG said:
Nope she wasn't but she was really high strung. There was this couple there that I've been assigned to, but she just grabbed them and monopolized her time with them. I got to talk to the husband for about five minutes when I wanted to spend a good twenty minutes or so talking with this couple, but she just wisked them off to a tour of the new facility we dedicated. She was like a different person at this event - weird.

GO SEXWHALE! :D
I tried to say that a year ago and people just complained. :rolleyes:

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Heidi said:
I sense a theme. I couldn't sleep either, so I'm up early. Looks like a windy and rainy ride in today. Tonight I'm going to the pool to do some deep water running. Should be a good workout.
How is the knee doing? It's been what? 7-8 months?

I also slept like ass last night for no apparent reason. I had gone to the gym, but I thought I was going to be out like a light. It snowed here last night so my dreams of taking the new bike to the jumps and/or skatepark have been crushed for a few days.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
You seem to have sleeping problems!

You need to go for a bike ride with Syadisti in PA. You slept for like 4 days straight after that.
I don't want to die, I just want to sleep. Besides, my sleeping problems are mental (too much stuff on my mind), not physical (i.e. can't get relaxed).

J

JRB

jacksonpt said:
I don't want to die, I just want to sleep. Besides, my sleeping problems are mental (too much stuff on my mind), not physical (i.e. can't get relaxed).
So you have too much on your mind to sleep? Might I suggest you focus your energy on things other than tattoos? :think:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
loco said:
So you have too much on your mind to sleep? Might I suggest you focus your energy on things other than tattoos? :think:
believe me... if I could think about tattoos at 1am rather than the other crap I'm trying to deal with, I'd be in much better shape than I am now.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
jacksonpt said:
When I am stressed and can not sleep Benedryl is my friend.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
loco, not being a jerk or anything, but if Milo Auckerman looked here and saw some of your posts, he would revoke your use of his face from your avatar!!! :dead:

by the way... congrats on the shorty!!! its a life changer!!! for sure!!!

J

JRB

jacksonpt said:
believe me... if I could think about tattoos at 1am rather than the other crap I'm trying to deal with, I'd be in much better shape than I am now.
Not that I have a magic cure, or anyone else does, but can we help???

J

JRB

brungeman said:
loco, not being a jerk or anything, but if Milo Auckerman looked here and saw some of your posts, he would revoke your use of his face from your avatar!!! :dead:

by the way... congrats on the shorty!!! its a life changer!!! for sure!!!
Having spent quite a bit of time with those guys back in 86 in St Louis, and having seen them several times, (Descendents that is) I can assure you that is not Milo's face. :D

edit - please note the first line of Enjoy!

"Flatuation punctuates the still night air, and I thank God you're here. I queef, Enjoy. Smell my feces, enjoy. Make the most of my butt toast, enjoy my good friends. Enjoy."

Do you honestly think that we don't share some of the same humor???