Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Another F'ing day at work. Went to the gym last night, I didn't stay for to long, I have this sore throat I can't seem to shake.

Hope ya all have a great F'ing day!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Got my bike with me today... will be doing a lunch time road ride today. Figured I can't very well let all this nice weather go to waste.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello!

Is it Friday yet? I went to the gym tonight and worked legs. I f'ing hate doing squats.

I have to interview someone at 2:00 today. It's the first person I'm interviewing for this job in the two months we've been looking. I hope it goes well.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Good morning, Ridemonkey! And I don't mean Ridemonkey the "man"... but the website. All of it. And all of you. Nevermind you know what I mean.

Today, I AM going to be productive. Starting riiiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhht now.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Hello!

Is it Friday yet? I went to the gym tonight and worked legs. I f'ing hate doing squats.

I have to interview someone at 2:00 today. It's the first person I'm interviewing for this job in the two months we've been looking. I hope it goes well.
Why is it the first person?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Full Trucker said:
Good morning, Ridemonkey! And I don't mean Ridemonkey the "man"... but the website. All of it. And all of you. Nevermind you know what I mean.

Today, I AM going to be productive. Starting riiiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhht now.
You're here early!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
bike (& lights) w/me too...for a small group ride after work

I did a shortish (25 miles) road ride yesterday..I felt and was super slow, not sure why - maybe its just being I suck. why did I sign up for a road race? :dead:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Lack of candidates with the specific skills set I am looking for.
Gottcha!!

I'm getting the urge to jump ship here.
I just found out my future brother in law makes more money than I do. He loads trucks at a grocery supply warehouse. He has no college education and has been to jail.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
bike (& lights) w/me too...for a small group ride after work

I did a shortish (25 miles) road ride yesterday..I felt and was super slow, not sure why - maybe its just being I suck. why did I sign up for a road race? :dead:
Is day light savings time this weekend?

phil

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Morning Stosh,I have been riding Stewart lately.I am going out in about half hour after the kids get on the bus.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
phil said:
Morning Stosh,I have been riding Stewart lately.I am going out in about half hour after the kids get on the bus.
We rode a few weeks ago. It should be fairly dry right?

How's the knee holding up?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
stosh said:
Gottcha!!

I just found out my future brother in law makes more money than I do. He loads trucks at a grocery supply warehouse. He has no college education and has been to jail.
Sounds like a relative of mine. Is he from PA?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
MBC and I met nine years ago today. Awwwwww! :love:

(I had forgotten....a friend reminded me this morning. :o: :help: :clue: )
How are you going to celebrate?

You going to cook her a nice dinner for when she comes home from work?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey monkeys. decided not to go see Magnolia Electric Company / Destroyer last night...still a bit tired from the Sunday show, and we are going out tonight too...scored some good tickets which were just released last night to see Ray Davies at the Orpheum.

this should be excellent; he's a great songwriter and reports of the current tour have been uniformly positive. i've never seen him, but have been a big Kinks fan (esp the stuff from '66 to '71 or so) for a bit now.

i am blowing off spin class, but that's ok. a very worthwhile substitution.

in other music news, Nikki Sudden died yesterday. he will be remembered w/ SotD honors tomorrow.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
How are you going to celebrate?

You going to cook her a nice dinner for when she comes home from work?
She won't get home until 10:00 and I'll be asleep.

and I cook every night anyway. :p

We don't really celebrate the day. No cards or anything. We barely celebrate our wedding anniversary.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Mornin'

Got some good f'ing news yesterday about my clapped-out knee. MRI showed ACL not torn, but the medial meniscus was pretty f'ing jacked up. That's a good thing as many of you know who have been through the same f'ing stuff-- way less recovery time and the surgery is a lot less invasive. I meet with the surgeon today to schedule a time for the laproscopy scope-fest. Good to know there wasn't as much damage and I'll be riding full-strength real f'ing soon.

Didn't really do a whole hell of a lot yesterday. Took the dog for a run and I peddaled around real slowly for a little bit on some low-key trails for about an hour. Came home and got dinner started --- some Chicken Cordon Bleu that was going to be fantastic. Unfortunately, I left the plate with the ham and swiss on it on the shelf near the grill and when I went inside to get some stuff, I heard a CRASH! outside. Knowing immediately what it was, I started my search for the culprit--my dog, Tipp. There he was, around the corner....he knew what he did was wrong. He had that "I'm sorry, my friend....but I couldn't resist" look on his face. What a piece of work he is.....

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Good F'n Morning...

I am trying to trouble shoot my T-shirt dryer... we cant print any shirts until I get it up and running again... this F'n sucks:mad:

Manhattanprjkt is heading to Moab this thurs. so he is tearing his bike apart to get it onto the plane.. so I may do a solo ride Weds. night... we will see how the weather holds up...

I am trying to figure out what frame I want... so I have been spending a ton of time researching... I want a double squisher for XC riding again... I have it slightly narrowed... but price will play a big part...

have a good day all I am back to poke and prod with a meter on this damn T-shirt dryer...

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Last night I attended "Dad's Night" at my daughter's pre-school. It's always fun going there because my daughter's teacher is a chick I hooked up with in college. Always makes for an interesting vibe. :devil: Anywho...we made crafts, sang songs, read books....the typical pre-school stuff. Good times....good times.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Mornin'

Got some good f'ing news yesterday about my clapped-out knee. MRI showed ACL not torn, but the medial meniscus was pretty f'ing jacked up. That's a good thing as many of you know who have been through the same f'ing stuff-- way less recovery time and the surgery is a lot less invasive. I meet with the surgeon today to schedule a time for the laproscopy scope-fest. Good to know there wasn't as much damage and I'll be riding full-strength real f'ing soon.

Didn't really do a whole hell of a lot yesterday. Took the dog for a run and I peddaled around real slowly for a little bit on some low-key trails for about an hour. Came home and got dinner started --- some Chicken Cordon Bleu that was going to be fantastic. Unfortunately, I left the plate with the ham and swiss on it on the shelf near the grill and when I went inside to get some stuff, I heard a CRASH! outside. Knowing immediately what it was, I started my search for the culprit--my dog, Tipp. There he was, around the corner....he knew what he did was wrong. He had that "I'm sorry, my friend....but I couldn't resist" look on his face. What a piece of work he is.....
Thats good that the news isn't as bad as you first thought.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
McGRP01 said:
Morning. Last night I attended "Dad's Night" at my daughter's pre-school. It's always fun going there because my daughter's teacher is a chick I hooked up with in college. Always makes for an interesting vibe. :devil: Anywho...we made crafts, sang songs, read books....the typical pre-school stuff. Good times....good times.....
Your post and Stosh's about his future brother in law have made my day.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Pics of the teacher?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Opeth said:
I have a private party to bartend this weekend.
Ha!

Do you actually know anything about Pikes because I'm having a problem with mine.

J

JRB

Good f'n morning. It's raining torrents here. I may head out to dig this evening while it's super wet, but my back is killing me. Heading to Dallas for some meetings tomorrow, so I'll likely be taking a little break from the monkey then.

J

JRB

Opeth said:
I have a private party to bartend this weekend.
Funny - I was wondering about bartending at night, so I could get a more fun job, but it would pay less. That is why I would tend bar.

J

JRB

stosh said:
Ha!

Do you actually know anything about Pikes because I'm having a problem with mine.
I'll be tearing mine apart to replace seals and change oil in a night or two, so I should know a little bit soon.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
I'll be tearing mine apart to replace seals and change oil in a night or two, so I should know a little bit soon.
Ok cool!
Well my lockout isn't working so if you notice anything on yours let me know.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
loco said:
Funny - I was wondering about bartending at night, so I could get a more fun job, but it would pay less. That is why I would tend bar.
the last thing you should want as a new parent is less available free time w/ yr daughter.

J

JRB

narlus said:
the last thing you should want as a new parent is less available free time w/ yr daughter.
She just screams all the time anyway, so I think I will appreciate the break. Who wants to hear a crying kid???:devil:

Just kidding - I wouldn't want to be surrounded by the smoke.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
stosh said:
Gottcha!!

Time for you to go out on your own.

phil

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
stosh said:
We rode a few weeks ago. It should be fairly dry right?

How's the knee holding up?
Yea it is dry,The knee is doing good,Thank's. Well I just got back from a short ride at stewart know I am heading to mt beacon to do some shuttle runs , Later