Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!!~~

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
brungeman said:
I am thinking ANO BLK, (I didn't thing turquoise was right for that bike, blue should be saved for their USA made bikes) I am waiting to hear what the upcharge will be for going with the Talus over the float... and I asked Seth (at Yeti) his oppinion on the carbon rear end was, cause you brought up a good point... tis better to be bombproof when bombing!!!

as soon as I find out final figures I will make up my mind...
Nice! I was looking at the raw aluminum (all of my bikes are black now) or the orange. I am curious about the performance of the carbon rear end as well. I wouldn't personally get it because I would rather lean on the bombproof side as well.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Good f'n morning. Currently I can't decide if it's raining or snowing outside. :think: So much for my outside ride today :( Oh well. Syd was up last night for some insance reason and feeding from 2:10am-5:30am with only 2 10 minute breaks...not sure what's going on with her as it is REALLY unusual for her to wake in the middle of the night. I just hope tonight goes better. Plan is to work out afterwork and spin for a little while...we'll see if I still have the energy as I am running on strictly caffeine right now.
Looking at my schedule for next week :dead: I have a REALLY long day on Tuesday the 11th and I won't get to spend much time at all with the little monkey :(

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Just got a letter from the Chancelor of SUNY (SUNY = State University of New York, Chancelor is the biggest of the bigwigs)... I'm officially permanent. Thought the state's idea of permanent isn't what you might expect, it is pretty cool for me.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
jacksonpt said:
Just got a letter from the Chancelor of SUNY (SUNY = State University of New York, Chancelor is the biggest of the bigwigs)... I'm officially permanent. Thought the state's idea of permanent isn't what you might expect, it is pretty cool for me.
Sweet!!! Congratulations :thumb:

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Gloomy out for sure..perfect excuse for me to make sure my bb and drive side crank arm are secure and to take apart my pedals and re pack the bearings with grease. Good times.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
jacksonpt said:
RIGHT ON!!! THAT IS AWESOME, what do you do for them? when applying to college, I applied to SUNY New Paltz, (wanted to go there to climb :) )

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
TreeSaw said:
Nice! I was looking at the raw aluminum (all of my bikes are black now) or the orange. I am curious about the performance of the carbon rear end as well. I wouldn't personally get it because I would rather lean on the bombproof side as well.
I like all their colors, but felt ano would be the most abuse taking... isn't the raw clearcoated? or is it just "raw"?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
brungeman said:
RIGHT ON!!! THAT IS AWESOME, what do you do for them? when applying to college, I applied to SUNY New Paltz, (wanted to go there to climb :) )
I work in the admissions office doing web design and application development (computer/web applications, not applications for college admission).

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
GumbaFish said:
Its like a brushed aluminum that is clear coated. If it didn't have a clear coat the aluminum would look nasty after a while.
that is what I thought, I have friends with true RAW frames and they are always spending time with "NevrDull" keeping it polished up.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Got out golfing for the first time this year yesterday. It was an ugly ugly round, so bad that I won't even mention what I shot. I certainly am not playing like the 5 handicap I was a few years ago.

Keep having issues at the gym though. Whenever I do the incline or decline press my right elbow has some little tendons that make a pop. It doesn't hurt, it just feels really weird and is unnerving. Makes me think my arm is going to give out and I will drop that weight on myself.

School is getting insane. Between homework, tests, projects, next years projects, and learning material that is not taught to us, I am extremely busy. Now off to get a CORI check. I don't think I have anything criminal on my record...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Polandspring88 said:
Got out golfing for the first time this year yesterday. It was an ugly ugly round, so bad that I won't even mention what I shot. I certainly am not playing like the 5 handicap I was a few years ago.

Keep having issues at the gym though. Whenever I do the incline or decline press my right elbow has some little tendons that make a pop. It doesn't hurt, it just feels really weird and is unnerving. Makes me think my arm is going to give out and I will drop that weight on myself.

School is getting insane. Between homework, tests, projects, next years projects, and learning material that is not taught to us, I am extremely busy. Now off to get a CORI check. I don't think I have anything criminal on my record...

:nopity:

suck it up princess

i, however, have nothing to gripe about.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Polandspring88 said:
Was I whining? Nope, just pointing out the facts. Shut your bitch ass up before I come over there and put my foot up it.

g0g0g0g0g00g0g0g0g0g0g0g0g0g0g0g0g0g0g0g0g0g0!!!!!1!!11!1

:agree:

(by the way tim is my roommate)

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Afternoon buttheads.

It's actually sunny here, but incredibly windy.

I've got the afternoon off, but currently it consists of a toasted italian sub and cup of soup.

Oh yeah, and some studying is in order as well.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Afternoon buttheads.

I've got the afternoon off, but currently it consists of a toasted italian sub and cup of soup.

Man I could go for a toasted sub right now and some soup!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
robdamanii said:
Afternoon buttheads.

MMMMMMMMMMM.... SOUP......:drool:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
my avalanche is on it's way back to CT, for a rebuild and re-shim. can't wait for the DH lifts to start operating.
They've been running all winter.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Well I took apart my pedals and cleaned out all of the gunk and got them working well again. No more rattling noise when I spin them, which is always a good sign. Now its just a matter of buying a new middle chainring, new cassette, new chain, new power link, and new tires...that's going to hurt the wallet a little.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
GumbaFish said:
Well I took apart my pedals and cleaned out all of the gunk and got them working well again. No more rattling noise when I spin them, which is always a good sign. Now its just a matter of buying a new middle chainring, new cassette, new chain, new power link, and new tires...that's going to hurt the wallet a little.
Yikes!!!

Thats a lot of stuff. What's the problem with what you got now?

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Yeah probably all new stuff just so I don't have to worry about replacing it for a while. I really should have been gathering stuff during the winter just so I had it ready to slap on. Untill then I will make the best with what I have.