Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Another rainy F'ing day here in NY. We haven't gotten anywhere near the rain New England has gotten and this has been the first real hard rain we've gotten. We need it so I can't complain to F'ing much.

I'll be attending Aubrey's school play tonight... I'm really F'ing excited about it.... :rolleyes:

Anyway hope ya have a great F'ing day!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Morning.

It's sunny up here right now. It won't last, but I can hope.

Spent last night writing a paper and doing work for class. Same old same old.
You and Beth riding Blue Mtn this weekend?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Starting the day off in a pissy mood. A dumbass neighbor got a new dog yesterday and it didn't take long for the trouble to start. Got woken up at 3:00 AM with their dog standing on my back deck barking its head off. Waking up a little confused and thinking one of my dogs might be outside in trouble I ran out of the house and ended up face to face with a 100 lb rotweiler pretty much naked. I ran after it screaming my head off and managed to chased it off. I feel bad for the dog, I give it 3 weeks before it gets killed by a car. It goes without saying that I am very tired right now.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Trainwreck said:
Good morning,

The soreness is going away from this weekend's event and life is good again.

Have a nice day.
I feel ya man; I hiked 28 miles in 3 days. My calves and shoulders are pissed.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Tuesday is pretty f'ing quiet. Nothing out of the ordinary today. Got the f'ing yard mowed yesterday, and had time for a quick lap of the short loop at the local trails. The dog was happy to be out since he's been cooped up in the house from all the f'ing rain we've had the last few days.

One of the guys at work lent me "Hostel" and "King Kong" to check out this evening. I'm looking forward to watching tha 'Kong in surround sound---should be entertaining, but at 3hrs running time, I may end up falling asleep before it's over. :rolleyes:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The day just got better. I got a project pulled from underneath me because I refused to lie to another division of the company.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
A good wet northeast morning to you all (though not as wet as our neighbors in eastern New England!) While I shouldn't complain, I will: rain, rain rain. Our ride last night went by way of the rain and got washed out, so we hit the gym instead. I discovered last night that "training" for DH racing has left ne in a netherworld - My strength has dropped a bit because I'm riding a lot more, but my aerobic capacity ain't as great as it usually is...well, at least I can sprint like hell now!

Work then more work today, but we'll do the Wed. "quick" (for some, not me) MTB ride tomorrow night despite the weather...I am planning, some say daydreaming, of a great ride this weekend when the rain finally stops - hopefully a long one at Spier Falls in S. Glens Falls on Sunday....great climbs, descents and it dries out pretty quickly.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
I'd like to, and I hope so, but I'll have to see. We'll both be riding new equipment, and I've got a few long days of adjusting labs and a bunch of work this week. We'll see if I have anything left by the weekend.
Riding new equipment?

I think Beth needs to get out and ride!!!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
robdamanii said:
I'd like to, and I hope so, but I'll have to see. We'll both be riding new equipment, and I've got a few long days of adjusting labs and a bunch of work this week. We'll see if I have anything left by the weekend.
29ers??

J

JRB

Good f'n morning. Took defensive driving online last night. I still have a bit to go. It sucks. The shop owner came by and I traded some road wheels that I don't think I'll ride for some Open Pros on Tiagra hubs so I can use the rims for my disc wheels on the cross bike. Now that I think of it, I'll just rob the guts from the Tiagra rear for the Deore rear, so I don't have a pile of trouble trying to get spacings right.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
I'm riding new brakes (as of yet not broken in properly), and she'll be riding new wheels (proII/VXC) and new brakes.

TA: Noooo, no 29er yet. Singlespeed 29er though....:think:
OH STFU and come out and ride pansy!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Good f'n morning. Took defensive driving online last night. I still have a bit to go. It sucks. The shop owner came by and I traded some road wheels that I don't think I'll ride for some Open Pros on Tiagra hubs so I can use the rims for my disc wheels on the cross bike. Now that I think of it, I'll just rob the guts from the Tiagra rear for the Deore rear, so I don't have a pile of trouble trying to get spacings right.
Wow, you can take that class online?
Thats cool!!!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
robdamanii said:
I'm riding new brakes (as of yet not broken in properly), and she'll be riding new wheels (proII/VXC) and new brakes.

TA: Noooo, no 29er yet. Singlespeed 29er though....:think:
How else do break things in OTHER THEN RIDING THEM!:nopity:

J

JRB

Tame Ape said:
Maybe he's just new to getting busted by police.
He got busted before I did. I remember. I laughed and ended up getting a ticket for it. I'd tell you to take heed, but you already got your dumb ass busted on your bike, so there's no need. :D

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
After today the rain is finally going to let up and the sun shall poke through. I'm hoping that by Thursday the trails have dried out enough that they are able to be ridden without causing extensive trail damage.

Got the hardtail up and running last night with a little BB switch. Chainline is infinitely better with a 113 than a 118 and I am not getting all the shifting woes/grinding that I was before.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
loco said:
He got busted before I did. I remember. I laughed and ended up getting a ticket for it. I'd tell you to take heed, but you already got your dumb ass busted on your bike, so there's no need. :D
jeez, you really are the anti-fun aren't you?

J

JRB

Tame Ape said:
jeez, you really are the anti-fun aren't you?
I'm having fun. How could I not?? I heard there was a presidential address saying that I could shoot mexicans last night. What's not to be giddy about???

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
loco said:
I'm having fun. How could I not?? I heard there was a presidential address saying that I could shoot mexicans last night. What's not to be giddy about???
Stop. Not funny. Not remotely.

J

JRB

Tame Ape said:
Stop. Not funny. Not remotely.
Talk about a buzz kill. I can't even mock our president anymore. I can't believe you said I killed the fun.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
loco said:
Talk about a buzz kill. I can't even mock our president anymore. I can't believe you said I killed the fun.
I'm blocking you until you regulate yourself.:cool:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Jim Mac said:
I am planning, some say daydreaming, of a great ride this weekend when the rain finally stops - hopefully a long one at Spier Falls in S. Glens Falls on Sunday....great climbs, descents and it dries out pretty quickly.
Let me know if you come up this way!! :thumb:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
McGRP01 said:
Let me know if you come up this way!! :thumb:
I will do so, Sir! Funny thing is, my wife is asking to go to Plattekill to ride DH and I want to do a long XC ride, go figure! Will drop you (and Doug?) a PM later in das week. I'll see if I can drag up a few Ren'tler and Albany folks as well.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Jim Mac said:
I will do so, Sir! Funny thing is, my wife is asking to go to Plattekill to ride DH and I want to do a long XC ride, go figure! Will drop you (and Doug?) a PM later in das week. I'll see if I can drag up a few Ren'tler and Albany folks as well.
Cool, pm Treesaw as well and I can round up some SMBA folks as well if it happens. :)