Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
westy...if you are gonna be there the entire time of the show, sounds like this will coincide w/ yr visit:

http://www.tgrec.com/links/tg25/

LINEUP

*not listed in order of appearance

Friday September 8 (5pm-10pm):
!!!
Girls Against Boys (all original members)
The Shipping News
Supersystem
Ted Leo + Pharmacists

Saturday September 9 (noon-10pm):
Big Black (a couple of songs)
Didjits (all original members)
The Ex
Killdozer (all original members)
Jon & Kat (Mekons and The Ex)
PW Long
Man... Or Astroman? (all original members)
Negative Approach (featuring John Brannon and OP Moore)
The New Year
Pegboy
Tim Midgett and Andy Cohen (Silkworm)
Sally Timms
Scratch Acid (all original members)
Shellac
Uzeda

Sunday September 10 (noon-10pm):
Arcwelder
The Black Heart Procession
Brick Layer Cake
Calexico
CocoRosie
Enon
The Monorchid (all original members)
Pinback
Quasi
Seam
Tara Jane ONeil
Three Mile Pilot

awesomeness...check out saturday's gig...are you kidding me? this is once-in-a-lifetime stuff...too bad i'm booked for that weekend.

listen to my Song of the Day thread this week for features on Touch and Go bands.
I think the only band I've ever heard of from this list is Calexico and I've only heard of them, never heard them.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
robdamanii said:
Afternoon.

Surface interval time. Two dives this morning, another possible this afternoon. Good stuff.

I'm sunburned. Fricken salt...
dives as in scuba dives? Cool - where are you diving?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MMcG said:
I think the only band I've ever heard of from this list is Calexico and I've only heard of them, never heard them.
well i've featured some as SotD candidates in the past, and this week is touch and go label spotlight (which have already done big black yesterday, and killdozer today...download links are probably still live), so i've got at least 4 more days of bands to trot out...

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Westy said:
narlus said:
westy...if you are gonna be there the entire time of the show, sounds like this will coincide w/ yr visit:

http://www.tgrec.com/links/tg25/

Although I have never heard any of those bands it is something I would like to try and see. The real crappy thing about this show is by the time I get out of the place and get a taxi it is usually past 8:00 before I can get anywhere. Any free time has to be squeaked out early in the morning. I might have to get a horrible stomach ache and leave early one day.
The Hideout is 5min from the Loop and the blockparty is a blast. Don't worry about getting a late start, the best part of Chicago is the 5am last call.