Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

It's supposed to be f'in HOT today here in NY.
I can't wait to go swimming... I was fishing last night and the stream is slowly warming up! I got a mini road ride in last night...nothing great but it helped me to realise how f'ing out of shape I am still... :(

So what's everybody got planned for today?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good F'n Morning!

Saw the new Harry Potter Movie last night. It was good.

The heat today is gonna f'n kill me, but I am goin' for an f'n ride anyway!!! :D

Pizza party with the lil' monsters at one of my schools for band today. Not much else happening.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I was gonna go for a training ride last night, but I went to Mtbkngrl and Gee Spot's house and cooked some sausages instead.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Hi!

There are cicadas frikkin everywhere in Maryland. :dead:

You're in Maryland again?
I saw them the other weekend. I like the sound they make.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Good F'n Morning!

Saw the new Harry Potter Movie last night. It was good.

The heat today is gonna f'n kill me, but I am goin' for an f'n ride anyway!!! :D

Pizza party with the lil' monsters at one of my schools for band today. Not much else happening.
Hrmmm maybe I'll go see that this weekend... I heard it was good, I heard it was darker than the other ones.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
I was gonna go for a training ride last night, but I went to Mtbkngrl and Gee Spot's house and cooked some sausages instead.

Same difference.....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
You're in Maryland again?
I saw them the other weekend. I like the sound they make.
Yeah, for a training class. I flew down this time. This class is hard. It's the start of day two and my brain is already turning to mush. :dead:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning Stosh,

Rode my new bike around a bit, watched Game 7 (Congrats to the Bolts) and was happy for Dave Andrychuck but sad for the Flames. I wanted the Flames to win the cup. Another great hockey playoff season in the books.

Hot as hell already out there, but that's okay.

Might go for a ride tonight - not sure yet.

Cheers,

Mark

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
It was....I doubt that they are going to be able to keep the rest of the PG.

Really.... wow... that sucks because my 5yr old nephew loves them.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Yeah, for a training class. I flew down this time. This class is hard. It's the start of day two and my brain is already turning to mush. :dead:

Oh, so no bike this time....
Sorry to hear about your brain!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning Stosh,

Rode my new bike around a bit, watched Game 7 (Congrats to the Bolts) and was happy for Dave Andrychuck but sad for the Flames. I wanted the Flames to win the cup. Another great hockey playoff season in the books.

Hot as hell already out there, but that's okay.

Might go for a ride tonight - not sure yet.

Cheers,

Mark

Nice avatar! So you got it to work finally!! NICE!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
stosh said:
Really.... wow... that sucks because my 5yr old nephew loves them.
If he has been read the books then he should be fine because he knows what's coming. Each of the books gets a little more graphic and darker than the others so it's only natural that the movies would progress in the same manner.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
If he has been read the books then he should be fine because he knows what's coming. Each of the books gets a little more graphic and darker than the others so it's only natural that the movies would progress in the same manner.

He doesn't read yet he's only 5.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Got a 4-pack of Guiness last night, polished it off while doing some post-move cleanup in my apartment.

Watched Dazed & Confused again... Pretty lazy night, all things considered.

"Hey, you got a joint, man?"

"No.. not on me.."

"'Cause it'd be a lot cooler if you did, man..."

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I rode my bike yesterday

my commuter bike

I thought the trails and the stree t was dangerous

doesnt compare to the bike path

a 4 year tried to commit suicide by riding under my bike

a big bald rollerblader dude gave me some lip, I gave him a salute

lifes good

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
I rode my bike yesterday

my commuter bike

I thought the trails and the stree t was dangerous

doesnt compare to the bike path

a 4 year tried to commit suicide by riding under my bike

a big bald rollerblader dude gave me some lip, I gave him a salute

lifes good
The commuter bike eh? Did you see any more eye catching/pleasing sights along the bike path? :sneaky: :p :)

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
stosh said:
How is everybody today?
I can't wait to go swimming... So what's everybody got planned for today?
Damn right - I'm really in the mood to go swimming. Took a quick ride into Coney Island last night for a change of pace. The water was warmer than I thought..... perhaps tonight I'll take another road spin from my place out into the Rockaways and take a dip in the mighty Atlantic.....

J

JRB

Good f'n mornin. You northern monkeys can't possibly know what hot is. Just like we Texas monkeys don't know what cold is. :D

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

Yea... definitely going to be a hot one today. And humid.

I'm off to Philly today and tomorrow for a conference. So unfortunatly, I'm going ot miss the 2 best days of weather. I probably won't ride at all this week.

Got an update on the house for ya... it's been awhile, so I'm sure you've been wondering :rolleyes: ... The wall board is finished, plastering is this week and possibly first half of next week. Molding goes up later this week. Then we paint. Then flooring, then cupboards and such. Probably be ready (minus the basement and countertops) about the end of the month.

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
f'in mornin ya'll

can't believe i haven't 1 single cicada yet. they're supposed to be in my area, but haven't heard a peep yet. Stosh they're up by you? guess they're missing north central jersey. kinda miss the sound (remember it from when I was a kid)

feel like sh!t today still.. f'in flu or cold. I think its turning into bronchitis. f'in sucks. at this rate it'll prolly still be around for the weekend and I won't be able to ride. *must think positive*

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh

Yea... definitely going to be a hot one today. And humid.

I'm off to Philly today and tomorrow for a conference. So unfortunatly, I'm going ot miss the 2 best days of weather. I probably won't ride at all this week.

Got an update on the house for ya... it's been awhile, so I'm sure you've been wondering :rolleyes: ... The wall board is finished, plastering is this week and possibly first half of next week. Molding goes up later this week. Then we paint. Then flooring, then cupboards and such. Probably be ready (minus the basement and countertops) about the end of the month.

Actually since I had to send you a letter yesterday it made me wonder how your house was going.

Also "wall board" is better know as "Gyp board" especially in your application.

Philly is a cool city!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MtnBikerNJ said:
f'in mornin ya'll

can't believe i haven't 1 single cicada yet. they're supposed to be in my area, but haven't heard a peep yet. Stosh they're up by you? guess they're missing north central jersey. kinda miss the sound (remember it from when I was a kid)

feel like sh!t today still.. f'in flu or cold. I think its turning into bronchitis. f'in sucks. at this rate it'll prolly still be around for the weekend and I won't be able to ride. *must think positive*
My uneducated guess is the temp isn't warm enough up here but I have nothing. I saw them in MD when I was down there but they sure aren't up here yet.

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
stosh said:
I was fishing last night and the stream is slowly warming up!
Stosh, how did the fishing go? Fly-fishing? Catch any? Pics? I want the scoop man. I need to get out and go fish. Today I need to go turn in some job applications, get my haircut, and send a package out to NC for biggins.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Didn't do too much last night...laundry, house cleaning, and looking at airline schedules.

Tonight going out for dinner for one of my co-worker's birthday.

Have a good one. :)

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
good f'in morning stosh.

my car got broken into yesterday. went for a ride at this place we always go. got back to my car and the front window was smashed out. we think they must have gotten interupted because all they took was my cell and my keys. they left a wallet, cd's and a 500$ camera. it sucked but today i get my window fixed and everything else is already taken care of. i hate assholes.

we had our first "party" in the new house last night. i got to cook for everybody. i love that. anyways. probably had a coupld too many margaritas. it was fun. i start back to work tomorrow.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Also "wall board" is better know as "Gyp board" especially in your application.
Ah, thanks. It's not drywall... more like sheetrock - I didn't know what the proper term for it was. Gyp board huh? Is gyp short for something?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
RideND said:
Stosh, how did the fishing go? Fly-fishing? Catch any? Pics? I want the scoop man. I need to get out and go fish. Today I need to go turn in some job applications, get my haircut, and send a package out to NC for biggins.

I'm a bass fisherman and after the cold snap this past weekend in NY nothing was hitting. Also I brought my GF with me and her knots kept me busy most of the time. The bugs were killer last night as well so we didn't stay long.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
laura said:
good f'in morning stosh.

my car got broken into yesterday. went for a ride at this place we always go. got back to my car and the front window was smashed out. we think they must have gotten interupted because all they took was my cell and my keys. they left a wallet, cd's and a 500$ camera. it sucked but today i get my window fixed and everything else is already taken care of. i hate assholes.

we had our first "party" in the new house last night. i got to cook for everybody. i love that. anyways. probably had a coupld too many margaritas. it was fun. i start back to work tomorrow.

Ohhh that sucks!
Was there sarcasim in your comment about cooking?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Ah, thanks. It's not drywall... more like sheetrock - I didn't know what the proper term for it was. Gyp board huh? Is gyp short for something?

Well drywall and sheetrock are fine as well. Gyp is short for Gypsum as in the stone material it comes from.
Alot of time you'll hear the people who install the gyp board refered to as "the rockers" as in sheetrock. You can call it a million different things... thats the problem with construction, everybody calls it something different depending on the vernacual(sp?) of the area

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
stosh said:
Ohhh that sucks!
Was there sarcasim in your comment about cooking?

no way, i love to cook for people. im serious. i got to use all my new dishes and pots and pans and knives. it was awesome.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Didn't do too much last night...laundry, house cleaning, and looking at airline schedules.

Tonight going out for dinner for one of my co-worker's birthday.

Have a good one. :)

When you heading East?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
laura said:
no way, i love to cook for people. im serious. i got to use all my new dishes and pots and pans and knives. it was awesome.

Oh.
So how exactly is the new place?