Quantcast

~~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Well it's one more day closer to the f'ing weekend.

How is everybody today?
I had a nice f'in bike ride last night. I'm am in piss poor shape, I haven't ridden my bike in weeks. I'm going out again tonight and attempting to change my lifestyle a bit. I was extremely unhappy with myself last night and it was a good wakeup call. However you can never have a bad ride and it was just great to be out.

So how's everybody today?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
I'm going out again tonight and attempting to change my lifestyle a bit. I was extremely unhappy with myself last night and it was a good wakeup call.
:thumb:

I did the same thing a few weeks ago. Bought a road bike so that I can integrate my riding activities into daily life like riding to the store for a pound of hamburger or riding into work in the morning. I'm psyched for the week in North Carolina later in the month because I'm bringing my road bike and intend to spend a significant portion of the week on it.

Glad to hear you got out for a ride!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Good f'in mornin Stosh

You ride MTA last night? How is it? Thought maybe the Darkhorse 40 might have torn things up if the trails were still wet.

Going to head over to the LBS today and pick up a set of Conti Vertical tires. I've read some good things and they come highly recommended by a guy I trust at the LBS (he rides them on his Jekyl). I'm a bit more aggressive than he is, but we still ride the same trails. Hopefully they will work out, the thread pattern looks good, and the regular Verticals are $20 ea - pretty cheap in my book.

Not much else on the docket for today - might clean up my truck if the weather holds. Most likely I'll be inside tinkering with my bike.

Oh, FWIW... there is a good review of the 575 is the current MBA. I know most people bash MBA, but it's nice to hear someone else say that the bike is well suited to the type of riding I do - aggressive rocky/rooty and techy stuff.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I rode my f'ing road bike last night...I headed off to the 5 mile bike path thats few miles from my house, and as I hit the end/turn around spot I noticed some dude taking off on a mtn bike. I always use whoever i can see in front of me to keep myself riding fast/to catch & pass them.
I had to work my f'ing ass off to catch that dude - it took me about 4.5 f'ing miles and I didnt even pass him!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
:thumb:

I did the same thing a few weeks ago. Bought a road bike so that I can integrate my riding activities into daily life like riding to the store for a pound of hamburger or riding into work in the morning. I'm psyched for the week in North Carolina later in the month because I'm bringing my road bike and intend to spend a significant portion of the week on it.

Glad to hear you got out for a ride!
Yeah man, down south to it's pretty flat. I wanted to bring my bike last weekend to the Shore in NJ but just didn't.

After being at the beach I really want a crusier or a lowrider

splat

Nam I am
Morning !!

I did a lunch Mt bike ride yesterday, and got my But kicked, legs were tired after monkey fest. and the 2 ride I did on Sunday.

Lost my F'ing front wheel sunday Night! :(

took the front wheel off to put the bike on the roof , and in the darkenss I forgot to get my wheel.

went back yesterday on my way to work but no sign of it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Good f'in mornin Stosh

You ride MTA last night? How is it? Thought maybe the Darkhorse 40 might have torn things up if the trails were still wet.

Going to head over to the LBS today and pick up a set of Conti Vertical tires. I've read some good things and they come highly recommended by a guy I trust at the LBS (he rides them on his Jekyl). I'm a bit more aggressive than he is, but we still ride the same trails. Hopefully they will work out, the thread pattern looks good, and the regular Verticals are $20 ea - pretty cheap in my book.

Not much else on the docket for today - might clean up my truck if the weather holds. Most likely I'll be inside tinkering with my bike.

Oh, FWIW... there is a good review of the 575 is the current MBA. I know most people bash MBA, but it's nice to hear someone else say that the bike is well suited to the type of riding I do - aggressive rocky/rooty and techy stuff.
Yeah I rode MTA, believe me 2 dirt bikes thru can tear the place up more than 100 mtn bike riders. It's a bit wet but the riding is prime!!

What happened to your taco'd rim?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
f'n yo mang. going to the ortho doctor for another check up, gonna try and get him to give me an idea of when i can ride again.then its off to my first round of physical therapy, then the eye doctor. sure beats work either way.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
splat said:
Lost my F'ing front wheel sunday Night! :(

took the front wheel off to put the bike on the roof , and in the darkenss I forgot to get my wheel.

went back yesterday on my way to work but no sign of it.
That stinks. I worry about that every time I load up my truck after a ride. I know it's just a matter of time before I forget to put in a wheel or my tool box or my pack or something.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Yeah I rode MTA, believe me 2 dirt bikes thru can tear the place up more than 100 mtn bike riders. It's a bit wet but the riding is prime!!

What happened to your taco'd rim?
Yea... dirt bikes and 4wheelers are the worst for trails - especially when ridden by abusive irresponsible kids. Don't get me started on that subject.

My rim is sitting on the back deck at my in-laws (where we are currently staying until we can get a temp CO). I'm using one of the wheels off my old bike for the time being. Should be fine - it took the rotor without problems, and that was my only concern. Eventually I'll have it rebuilt since the hub seems to be fine. Cost me about $70 for the rim and $15 or so for the build.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
jacksonpt said:
That stinks. I worry about that every time I load up my truck after a ride. I know it's just a matter of time before I forget to put in a wheel or my tool box or my pack or something.
I'm rediculously absent minded, so the only way I can keep track of my stuff is to never put a tool anywhere but on my toolbox, and never put any of my other stuff anywhere but in a pile on top of my toolbox...

I left my pocketknife on top of my car the other day and found it, a 15 mile drive later, when I hit the brakes hard and it rolled off my roof and landed on my windshield wiper...

Sorry to hear about the wheel, splat :(

T-Blazer

Monkey
Jun 8, 2004
rochester,ny
just think that when you load your bike in your new sportworks transport rack, you will never forget your wheel ! your rack has arrived !

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
binary visions said:
I left my pocketknife on top of my car the other day and found it, a 15 mile drive later, when I hit the brakes hard and it rolled off my roof and landed on my windshield wiper...
I can't tell you how many wrenches I've left on the roof of my truck then driven off without thinking. Fortunately, I've only lost a couple of them. Most rattle and slide around enough so I hear them before they are lost.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Yea... dirt bikes and 4wheelers are the worst for trails - especially when ridden by abusive irresponsible kids. Don't get me started on that subject.

My rim is sitting on the back deck at my in-laws (where we are currently staying until we can get a temp CO). I'm using one of the wheels off my old bike for the time being. Should be fine - it took the rotor without problems, and that was my only concern. Eventually I'll have it rebuilt since the hub seems to be fine. Cost me about $70 for the rim and $15 or so for the build.
oh cool! They won't let you move in till you have a CO? Thats stupid! What is holding the CO up?

Dude I would so give your contractor the smack down!!!! Here is another great reason to have an Architect. Not only do they oversee the entire project but also help it move along.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Thats stupid! What is holding the CO up?
Yes, it is stupid - we own the house and the land, but we can't live there? What a crock.

Right now, the thing that is holding us up most is that we don't have all the railings up yet. Our builder is waiting for more spindles. Only other thing is that we don't have a kitchen sink yet.

It's very frustrating, but I don't think there's much our builder can do about it. Most of the delay lately has been because they've run out of materials (tile, spindles, etc.) and have to wait for more to come in. That, and the damn subcontractors are so backlogged with work that there's no telling when they are going to get to us.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Yes, it is stupid - we own the house and the land, but we can't live there? What a crock.

Right now, the thing that is holding us up most is that we don't have all the railings up yet. Our builder is waiting for more spindles. Only other thing is that we don't have a kitchen sink yet.

It's very frustrating, but I don't think there's much our builder can do about it. Most of the delay lately has been because they've run out of materials (tile, spindles, etc.) and have to wait for more to come in. That, and the damn subcontractors are so backlogged with work that there's no telling when they are going to get to us.
Dude running out of materials is not an excuse. The builder should have pre-ordered the stuff. This late in the game he should have known. Want me to come up there? You can pretend you've hired me as an Architect and I'll start cracking skulls with my drafting penciles and triangles.

splat

Nam I am
jacksonpt said:
I knew it was a matter of time too. :(

I have been doing this for 15 years, and this is the only the 3rd time I have actually forgotton a wheel , first time a Buddy , in the parking lot picked up my wheel for me, 2nd time , I got home , relized it went straing back ( 5 min ) and the wheel was still there.

what puzzels me is who picked up the wheel ? I mean it was after 9 PM and very dark when we got back to ur cars, and I went past at at 6am the next morning ? and it is not like it is a very busy place ?

fortuantly I have another wheel at Home I Built up a couple of months ago for this bike , but have not used. it is on the bike now.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Dude running out of materials is not an excuse. The builder should have pre-ordered the stuff. This late in the game he should have known. Want me to come up there? You can pretend you've hired me as an Architect and I'll start cracking skulls with my drafting penciles and triangles.
They did pre-order most stuff... just estimated wrong I guess. They were over on the hard wood for one room, dead on in tile for other rooms... it all evens out. I don't expect them to be dead on in everything so I don't mind that they were under in a couple of places.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Last night sucked, i spent all night at the shop working on my bike (cleaning, degreasing, trueing) you know the necessary evil shat...Annnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddd it apears that this chick i was really into (whom i just bought a new cyclops trainer for :think: bad mistake) has dropped off the face of the earth. For more info see the sushi thread...:confused:

anyway what the hell is going on with everyone today?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Last night sucked, i spent all night at the shop working on my bike (cleaning, degreasing, trueing) you know the necessary evil shat...Annnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddd it apears that this chick i was really into (whom i just bought a new cyclops trainer for :think: bad mistake) has dropped off the face of the earth. For more info see the sushi thread...:confused:

anyway what the hell is going on with everyone today?
Oh man that sucks about the chick. The older one right?

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
Hi all!
Jackson, with being in our new home only two year, I still cringe when I here about your delays. Our builder was really not that different. They had to redo my kitchen floor 3 times before they got it right. They were wood floor, and a different sub contractor spilt a ton of water on them and didn't clean them up. So the next day they were screwed. They hired subcontractors to redo it and they did a horrible job. You could see slab through the slats. Then they tried to get them to fix it and they bailed, so they had to hire a third subcontractor. I was loosing my mind. To top it off alot of the subcontactors were using hispanics, and several were going home for the holidays (Dec.) so they told me sorry there was nothing they could do. I don't know if I'll ever build a house again, and that was only two of my problems. So I understand you pain, and I feel for you. I had to stay with my in-laws as well. I'll just call that interesting.

My apologies about the wheel. That has got to suck.

As for the morning...so far so good. I was going to try and ride at 6:00am but couldn't get my butt up until 7:00.

Last night I worked on both my bikes. Fixed my flat (hopefully for the last time) on my HT. I can't find what's wrong with it. I've patched, and tried new, and the b!tch goes flat with in the hour. I can't find anything on the rim or in the tire, but I think it's staying up this time. I also thought my derailer was out of adjustment, because I was having some skipping while riding. Turns out my change has a kink of some kind. One of the links gets stuck...I'm wondering it this is from the blow to the box during shipping. (I just bought the bike last week, and FedEx damaged it) So that's about it.

Take care,
Jeremy

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
your sig still rocks!!
Can I just say that I believe I missed the thread that quote appeared in, but the few Long Island girls I've hung out with liked to hump as well.

Must be something in the water.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Can I just say that I believe I missed the thread that quote appeared in, but the few Long Island girls I've hung out with liked to hump as well.

Must be something in the water.
it's in Manhattanprjk's sushi thread I think.

I don't think it's the water I think it's all the Cosmopolitans they drink.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
it's in Manhattanprjk's sushi thread I think.

I don't think it's the water I think it's all the Cosmopolitans they drink.
Must have just missed the quote then.

The girls I hung out with didn't drink much.. They did puff a lot of herb though :think:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
stosh said:
Oh man that sucks about the chick. The older one right?

Yeah man dont know what is going, havent talked to her in a few days...but the last time i saw her it was awesome so :confused:

guess ill just wait it out

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
stosh said:
Yeah man, down south to it's pretty flat. I wanted to bring my bike last weekend to the Shore in NJ but just didn't.

After being at the beach I really want a crusier or a lowrider
Hey Stosh, in the northern part of the shore (Sandy Hook area) there's actually some damn fun riding. Hartshorn Woods in Hazlet is a great place to ride, and while there ane no epic climbs, i wouldn't call it flat. Next time you are down there, check it out!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Must have just missed the quote then.

The girls I hung out with didn't drink much.. They did puff a lot of herb though :think:
Yeah the one I hung out with a lot drank a lot of beer but didn't puff.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mackie said:
Hey Stosh, in the northern part of the shore (Sandy Hook area) there's actually some damn fun riding. Hartshorn Woods in Hazlet is a great place to ride, and while there ane no epic climbs, i wouldn't call it flat. Next time you are down there, check it out!
Is the below the bridge on the garden state?
I'm in Long Beach Island a lot.