Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I rotated the F'ing tires on the Solara last night. I still can't get the damn brake dust off my hands.

Other than that nothing to report, my day should be easy today and I've only got 3 more days of work left!!!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Yesterday at work one of my f'in coworkers was talking about how he drank some Knob Creek over the weekend, so when I got home I decided to have a short glass. Next thing I knew I had a decent buzz on. Then I ate, and went to sleep. Not a very productive night :dead:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - I had an awesome ride at Cockaponsett State Forest last night - started around 4ish and rode til 7ish!

Screwed up going up over a ladder stunt that goes up onto and down a big rock, got to the top, lost balance, but wheelie dropped off the top of it!! I surprised myself, I've never wheelie dropped from that high up before - but instinct took over I guess and I landed real smoothly! I couldn't duplicate that if I tried, but it was fun as hell at the time it happened!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Last night was the story of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

The Good:
Had a great ride. Rode my favorite trails, hardly anyone else was up there so it was like I had them to myself. It was my first ride on my Conti Verticals - I was very, very impressed with them. Also my first ride on padded cycling shorts (Lycra). Like them as well. I rode for about 2.5 hours and did approx 14 miles. That's a pretty long ride for me - right about when I really start to hurt. But last night I could have kept going... I had at least another hour/5-8 miles in me.

The Bad:
Last night's ride was stopped due to darkness. I got back to my truck and figured it must be 8 or 8:30 considering how dark it was getting. Checked the clock in my truck - 7:28!!! The days are definitely getting shorter :(

The Ugly:
It was pretty muddy last night, so before I left the trails I changed my shirt and took off my baggies. The gas light on my truck had been on for a while, so I forced myself to stop for gas. I actually wore Lycra in public *shudder* - thought I was going to get beat up by a bunch of hoodlum kids at the gas station. Went in to pay for my gas and the guy behind the counter made it very clear he was looking at the lower half of my body *shudder again* Then he asked if I had been playing in the mud (legs were pretty muddy). I paid for my gas and left.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

The Ugly:
It was pretty muddy last night, so before I left the trails I changed my shirt and took off my baggies. The gas light on my truck had been on for a while, so I forced myself to stop for gas. I actually wore Lycra in public *shudder* - thought I was going to get beat up by a bunch of hoodlum kids at the gas station. Went in to pay for my gas and the guy behind the counter made it very clear he was looking at the lower half of my body *shudder again* Then he asked if I had been playing in the mud (legs were pretty muddy). I paid for my gas and left.

So you ran your plums thru customes!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Oh one other thing, there was a pack of about 3 coyotes behind my apt last night at like 3am howling up a F'ing storm. While they were annoying and I wanted to go and smack the schit out of them it was kind of nice and reminded me why I love where I live. I'm glad Aubrey didn't wake up she would have flipped the F' out!!

phil

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
morning stosh i been really bussy on my new house as you know,we just got a new blacklab pup last night (female)

========= I NEED NAMES ========

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
phil said:
morning stosh i been really bussy on my new house as you know,we just got a new blacklab pup last night (female)

========= I NEED NAMES ========
Phil Jr.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Morning Stosh.

Can't sleep anymore. F'ing insomnia. Tired. Cranky.

Saving grace: Jenn doesn't sleep well either so at least we have company when we're sitting awake at 3:30am counting down the hours until work.

Must resist urge to murder coworkers. Voices.. Telling me to.. do things.

STOP TALKING TO ME JUST LEAVE ME ALONE%$#@&*!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Morning Stosh.

Saving grace: Jenn doesn't sleep well either so at least we have company when we're sitting awake at 3:30am counting down the hours until work.

Atleast you don't have coyotes out your back door making a ruckus!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
that just doesn't sound right...
My friend from work was late today because he had an In&out burger from Burger King yesterday at lunch.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
MMcG said:
Morning - I had an awesome ride at Cockaponsett State Forest last night - started around 4ish and rode til 7ish!

Screwed up going up over a ladder stunt that goes up onto and down a big rock, got to the top, lost balance, but wheelie dropped off the top of it!! I surprised myself, I've never wheelie dropped from that high up before - but instinct took over I guess and I landed real smoothly! I couldn't duplicate that if I tried, but it was fun as hell at the time it happened!
Mad Skillz Mark!

BTW Mark, is camping allowed in Cockpunchseet State Forest??

Watcha doin' labor day week-end... :sneaky: :evil:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Jozz said:
Mad Skillz Mark!

BTW Mark, is camping allowed in Cockpunchseet State Forest??

Watcha doin' labor day week-end... :sneaky: :evil:
Mad Skillz??? More like saving my ass Jozz!
;)

I'm not sure about camping there - possibly. No Labor Day plans right now. Thinking of coming down??

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
MMcG said:
Thinking of coming down??
Yep!

Karine and me are failing miserably at not having a vacation this summer, so we are taking labor day week and doing an East Coast MTB tour.

Connecticut
New Hampshire
Vermont

6-7 rides in 9 days! :thumb:

I'll e-mail you shortly with more details!

fasterTHANyou

Monkey
Dec 12, 2003
washington dc
it *is* a good tuesday morning. excellent ride last night, the weather is ridiculously nice. one job offer yesterday and two more interviews yet today... job=money=bike stuff. :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
fasterTHANyou said:
it *is* a good tuesday morning. excellent ride last night, the weather is ridiculously nice. one job offer yesterday and two more interviews yet today... job=money=bike stuff. :thumb:
congrats man!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Jozz said:
Yep!

Karine and me are failing miserably at not having a vacation this summer, so we are taking labor day week and doing an East Coast MTB tour.

Connecticut
New Hampshire
Vermont

6-7 rides in 9 days! :thumb:

I'll e-mail you shortly with more details!
Excellent!

Keep me posted!!

There are some great trails in NH btw - look into Fort Rock and Bear Brook to start - I could also post on the NEMBA forum on your behalf so that you and Karine would "get the goods" so to speak in terms of great trails to ride - and maybe ride hosts/guides too.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:

Sweeeeeeeet! Wish I had been there to see it! :cool:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Wumpus said:
Cool, they didn't have any that far north when I lived in California.
There is actually one on the other side of the golden gate bridge up the road a little. I remember from last time.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
small chance I'll be doing a volleyball tournament
Ok well I mentioned to Mark about coming down to ride MTA. Thats the weekend after I get back.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
Well, if I dont do the vball touney I'll definitely be in for MTA
Ok cool!
The riding is sick there right now. I'll get in touch with Jackson too.