Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Nothing much to report here. I went home last night, had a bowl of cereal and went to bed. :)
Still trying to recover from my weekend!! :)

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Well, it woulda been funnier if you didnt fix it, but alright. Anyway, man, you should see the OBSCENE number of Nalgene water bottles here at school. I want to start putting up fliers or something.

splat

Nam I am
Yesterday I commuted to work via the bike. on the way home , there is a pretty good hill I have to go over , and I didn't feel like climbing it. so I went over 2 even bigger hills to avoid that one. and Dam It got dark fast ! I almost had to finish in the dark ( on a bike with no reflective material at all ). I guess I will have to start carrying my Small light set up ( yes I do have a Small set that doesn't weigh 10 pounds ) and some Led Flashers for my Back.

also Played Hockey before work today.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BurlySurly said:
Well, it woulda been funnier if you didnt fix it, but alright. Anyway, man, you should see the OBSCENE number of Nalgene water bottles here at school. I want to start putting up fliers or something.
Ha see I told you!!!
The only good thing is it sometimes helps to point out the hotties, well that and the ones driving Jetta's of course.

Man going to college again is crazy. There are so many hot chicks there.... I love it. I know they are all almost 10yrs younger than me but who cares!!! :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
tmx said:
Ola! Happy day.

Nothing like a little schoolin' first thing in the morning, eh?
Yeah I had class yesterday and then BS this morning.

Oh and I had wrote you back a PM yesterday.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Yesterday I commuted to work via the bike. on the way home , there is a pretty good hill I have to go over , and I didn't feel like climbing it. so I went over 2 even bigger hills to avoid that one. and Dam It got dark fast ! I almost had to finish in the dark ( on a bike with no reflective material at all ). I guess I will have to start carrying my Small light set up ( yes I do have a Small set that doesn't weigh 10 pounds ) and some Led Flashers for my Back.

also Played Hockey before work today.
Nice! By the time I get out of work it's alomst dark. So much for riding after work for me.... summer is over... I've finally given in to the fact that it's over....

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
There are alot of hot ones for sure. It wierds me out though because, still, like 3 weeks into this semester already, chicks still dress for school like they're going out to the club or something. With their J-Lo glasses and Cab driver hats and all-pink wardrobes. Its just crazy. I wanna be like "Nobody gives a **** what you wear! Give it a rest alreadY" but instead I usually just end up imagining them naked.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

Finally got our countertops installed last night... Granite is awesome! Downside is they didn't measure right, so there's not enough room behind the faucet for a granite backsplash (assholes). Not sure what we are going to do at this point. We can either fight it, and be without a sink for 4 weeks while they cut a new countertop, or look into a tile backsplash.

No riding last night... and it doesn't look like there will be much riding this week. Not really ending the summer the way I'd like.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh

Finally got our countertops installed last night... Granite is awesome! Downside is they didn't measure right, so there's not enough room behind the faucet for a granite backsplash (assholes). Not sure what we are going to do at this point. We can either fight it, and be without a sink for 4 weeks while they cut a new countertop, or look into a tile backsplash.

No riding last night... and it doesn't look like there will be much riding this week. Not really ending the summer the way I'd like.
you said "asshole", you never curse!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BurlySurly said:
There are alot of hot ones for sure. It wierds me out though because, still, like 3 weeks into this semester already, chicks still dress for school like they're going out to the club or something. With their J-Lo glasses and Cab driver hats and all-pink wardrobes. Its just crazy. I wanna be like "Nobody gives a **** what you wear! Give it a rest alreadY" but instead I usually just end up imagining them naked.

True dat, thing is.... I hate when they wear pajamas to school too. Man that pisses me off.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
I have a 2 year old who repeats everything... I do curse, just not as much as I used to.
Bwahhhhhhhh I hear ya!!!

Did they cut the sink in to far back on the countertop?
Pics?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Did they cut the sink in to far back on the countertop?
Pics?
We're not 100% sure what happened (where the mistake was made). Our contractor thinks the sink is too deep for the countertop. The sink fits and looks great, but the hole is so deep (front to back) that there isn't enough room behind the sink for a faucet and a granite backsplash. It's not that the sink is too far back, it's just too deep.

I took some pics this morning, but the boss made me leave them at home... apparently there is still too much clutter around. Gotta get things cleaned up a bit before I show the house to a bunch of total strangers.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
We're not 100% sure what happened (where the mistake was made). Our contractor thinks the sink is too deep for the countertop. The sink fits and looks great, but the hole is so deep (front to back) that there isn't enough room behind the sink for a faucet and a granite backsplash. It's not that the sink is too far back, it's just too deep.

I took some pics this morning, but the boss made me leave them at home... apparently there is still too much clutter around. Gotta get things cleaned up a bit before I show the house to a bunch of total strangers.
I just wanted to see what the problem is with the sink/countertop.

Sounds like a bunch of crap'ola to me.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Good Morning - or is it? My mind is swimming with so many thoughts about so many different things going on in my life that it's not even funny. UGH. :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Good Morning - or is it? My mind is swimming with so many thoughts about so many different things going on in my life that it's not even funny. UGH. :(
it's not just you. I couldn't go to sleep last night because of it.....

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Mornin' all! Quiet night in with the family last night. My daughter (3 y.o.) started tap-dance lessons so she was tappity, tappity, tappitying all over the house when she got home...I swear I heard it in my sleep (or maybe she was up all night in her room? :think: ) either way, this is the first time I've cursed having hardwood floors throughout.
Tonight is the monthly SMBA meeting at the local watering hole. Which means several hours of club/mtn. bike related discussion, many pints of Guiness and kicking Treesaw's butt in darts!!! :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Mornin' all! Quiet night in with the family last night. My daughter (3 y.o.) started tap-dance lessons so she was tappity, tappity, tappitying all over the house when she got home...I swear I heard it in my sleep (or maybe she was up all night in her room? :think: ) either way, this is the first time I've cursed having hardwood floors throughout.
Tonight is the monthly SMBA meeting at the local watering hole. Which means several hours of club/mtn. bike related discussion, many pints of Guiness and kicking Treesaw's butt in darts!!! :D
Man sounds like a fun night ahead.

good luck to your daughter too.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh

Did you look under the sink to even see if the sink even could be moved forward? If so you have a good fight and they F'ed up. If its tight at the front (under the sink) then you're looking at a new sink.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Brian HCM#1 said:
Did you look under the sink to even see if the sink even could be moved forward? If so you have a good fight and they F'ed up. If its tight at the front (under the sink) then you're looking at a new sink.
The whole in the granite is cut to line up exactly with the sink. If we moved the sink foward, it wouldn't line up with the hole (the granite would overhang the sink in the front, the sink would be "exposed" in the back.

It's not going to work as is... the only question is whether or not it's worth fighting. I know we have the right too because they are the ones that f'ed up. I don't have a problem going with tile (I like the look), but it's a principle thing... they f'ed up so they should fix it. Unfortunatly, fixing it means no sink/countertop for 4 more weeks.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
The whole in the granite is cut to line up exactly with the sink. If we moved the sink foward, it wouldn't line up with the hole (the granite would overhang the sink in the front, the sink would be "exposed" in the back.

It's not going to work as is... the only question is whether or not it's worth fighting. I know we have the right too because they are the ones that f'ed up. I don't have a problem going with tile (I like the look), but it's a principle thing... they f'ed up so they should fix it. Unfortunatly, fixing it means no sink/countertop for 4 more weeks.
Well make them get it done sooner.

Don't listen to them. If they have to pay to speed up the lead time then so it is. It's not your fault. This is one of a million things they've done wrong.

If someone is under you at work and they F'up do you let them slide and put it off?