Quantcast

Good urban frames... on a budget...

tonygiant

Chimp
Jun 11, 2005
I would recommend the Evil Doc. Its priced right at $450 and its steel baby! Reynolds 631 front/ 4130 rear. Can't go wrong. The welds are pretty damn good considering its made in Taiwan.

Don't have any opinions on the BlackMarket mob frame. But, I have heards its pretty damn good, and its priced around $599. If thats out of your budget, I heard Blk.Mkt. is releasing their more affordable model of the mob frame soon.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
i rode my friends titan and liked it compared to my gt ruckus but thats comparing it to a gt and just in a parking lot. you should check out soulcycles when there website gets back up they have some good frames for cheap prices.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
soul cycles roscoe, titan or sluggo

roscoe is steel so somewhat stronger than the other two, but the sluggo looks like a beast w/ the evil twin top tube design

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
seriously, you can get a Planet X gimp, or an azonic stealhead for under $300 brand new. Do that.

kenjikuro

Chimp
Jan 14, 2006
rear effect... long and retart. i used to ride on one gimp too. the front was perfect. but the rear was kinda heavy and slow in respond. anyway if u get used to the long chainstay. it will be ur best dirt buddy. = )

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
roughandtangle said:
How exactly would a long chainstay affect the way a frame feels?
It might be a little more difficult to manual at first, but after you get a feel for it, it would probably be fine.

Other then that, any trick requiring you to get up on the rear wheel might be a bit more difficult (again, until you get a feel for it) If you are into gated racing, you might not be able to Snap out of the gate as quickly, but this probably wouldn't affect you if you are not a pro.

I rode a gimp for a little over a year, and I thought was a great frame. It was a quick handling frame.

If you want to read more about the gimp check this out.
Planet X and On-One are basicly the same company. The gimps in the UK are stamped with On-One decals, the ones in the US say Planet X. Its the same exact frame made in the same exact factory.

heres the site
http://www.on-one.co.uk/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=49&MMN_position=49:49

I agree with KenjiKuro, Its a great dj bike. The 24" model would cure the long chainstay problems, I'm a really big 24" wheel advocate for dirt and street riding. Especially since most Mountain bikers with a dedicated dj/street/park bike also have a 2nd bike that is more geared for true mountain riding.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
mackster23 said:
you can buy a giant STP, Jeff lenosky frame for like 319USD. just ask your local giant dealer.

and, you know it will be big enough too, because Jeff Lenosky is like 6'4" too

Aug 14, 2005
New York
I rode a steelhead the other day and felt a little cramped... it was only the pro and not the XL... Is there much difference in feel form the slightly longer TT