Quantcast

good way to start april fools day

splat

Nam I am
There was talk of a ride going out this morning at 8:30 , wll I got up and was just sort of wondering if I really wanted to bother and do this . or did I just want to sit at home and eat fruit loops, after a COuple of minutes conpeemplating , I choose to ride. so I got dressed , threw a couple of pop tarts in the toaster.

Look at the thermometer its 30 degrees out , not too bad suppose to warm up nicely too.

well The ride was starting be hind wendy's now this is a very local ride for me . so I plan to ride over , well the most direct route is through the woods, but there is astretch of about 200 yards that is under water , so I choose the road.

I get there plenty of time. and I have now warmed up and I think it has gotten warmer with riding , so time to peal layers.

any way SloMoJo, Donny, BadDNA and John are there , the slab was suppose to show but alas looks like he decided against . Just before we left the silver turtle with Daughter in tow makes a stop by to chat for a minute or too. and off we go. we go about a 1/4 mile and notice Donny is missing ( already ) I go back and he is stil ther ebike up side down with some shifting issues , meanwhile Slab has arrived . . he tells us he wil catch up. off we Go! The trailes were in MINT condition. and That Nast cell tower hill , well I climbed it really well, noit as well as John who screamed up the whole way. We go to teh top nad hit DLS , ( sincethat is where we told Slab we would be.) Donny is hte only one who hit Rented mule , and then to the frame twister . SloMoJo would hit it for the first time on his new Bullit!!!

on ward we went , and Slab would catch up to us in the half pipe area , and qquickly got to airing it out.

We left the half pipe area and through the rock gardens when We can see SloMoJo is stopped and futzing with his gears , he can't shift.

It appeared that the little tab for tentioning the chain had broken off. so we made a Fix using Zip ties ! BadDNA had some real crappy ones that wouldn't stay tight. Slab had Some so we made a zip tie fix.

Cross the power lines and into so me rock

SloMoJo zip ties holding up fine.

Up down up dowe , although Slab was feeling that is was much more up than down but we found some things to keep him happy ,

Donny Goes down some rock

and A little farther along , sloMoJo droppin it !

Well It just wasn't SloMoJo's day. His chain Breaks. fortunatly he broke it right next to a play area. donny doing the little gapper after a drop.

and Evan WHo said I'm not going to drop today

Well SloMoJo got he chain fixed but the zip ties broke , so At this point he decided to call it a day. I needed to get home anyway so I led him out and then Toward home, but on my way back I was surprised to find a couple patches of this stuff still! ( this was one of the larger ones ) not much left , it will be gone soon!! wooo hooo.

well I got home , and My son was waiting for me . I told him we could do Some stunt building , so , how can I say no to somehting like that , and he had already dragged half the Bridges to the front yard , was time to build , we built a Ramp set crossing the front yard .

and Riding it he shall! The latest set up in the Splat fride Park, in my front yard , I some times wonder what the neighbors thenk, but most of the time I don't care.

and SInce we are having some fun , lets make a jump!!

Hey the old man has to get into some of this action!!!

What a fun day !

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
Uh oh Slomo! Time for a Rohloff???? BTW, how was your suspension yesterday?

Dave
Hiya Dave,
Yup, if your see a good deal on a used one .. let me know. ;)

Suspension felt good .. thanks for adjusting it for me.

Tell you what .. last time I hit the frame twister was on my Locomoto ... it about bucked me off & loudly bottomed the fork. This was a much better experience on this bike. You guys have done nice work on improving those transitions too. Lotta fun.

Thanks for the shots Splat. :thumb:

Slabysz

Chimp
Jan 21, 2004
Boston
Splat,
I love the framing of the Donny shot; jump and tranny over his left shoulder while he hits the kicker. Very nice! Oh and thanks for making me look good. Nothing like hitting the half pipe as your first jump of the day;-)

SLAB