Quantcast

~~Good Wednesday Morning~~

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
So, after yesterdays shenanigans, I'll say "Where the hell is Stosh?" Nothing much happening here. I studied for my boards last night a little bit, and just relaxed. Temps were 10 below with wind chill, so I decided to stay in all day.

Lots of lectures today, but nothing too terrible. Temps supposed to warm up a little bit and then be much nicer by the weekend. Here's hoping...

What's everyone else's agenda look like?

splat

Nam I am
I didn't win mega millions , didn't even come close . didn't get 1 number correct , Guess I wasted a dollar. :)

F***ing cold here ! HAd to drive may daughter to school today early for a school trip , and went past a Bank thermometer and it said -1. and of course and it appreas some moisture must have gotten into my Blower for my car heater because the fan would not blow! so cold drive in.

But my Daughters School trip , they are going to New York City for 3 days!!! :eek:

also my neighbor's sump pump is draining into the street and it is creating an ice skating rink in front of my house. so that just adds to the fun.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Work today. Getting up to about 70 today though, so I may try and squeeze in a ride this afternoon if I can get off early.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Job interview this morning, then a "contract negotiation" later tonight... in between, just the norm. After, probably a fair amount of alcohol.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Worked on a few projects at home yesterday evening. Nothing too exciting. Tonight is gonna be fun though.....getting our dirt jump on under the lights at a friends house for our weekly ride. He's got lights strung up over the top of one of the lines behind his house. Although there is plenty of light, there are plenty of shadows as well that make each run through the set an adventure. Gonna crank some tunes and sip a few tall boys......should be fun.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
had movie night @ spin class last night. _transporter 2_ was the feature, pretty silly action flick but pretty well suited to the situation.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Not much doing in the North Country today. Zero degrees here as well. Headed back down to the LBS during lunch to snap some pics of the new frame/fork. I'll try to get those on the comp. so I can share them tomorrow. Making weekend plans to go pick out granite for the countertops in the new kitchen. That's about it.

Happy Humpday people. :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Morning. Not much doing in the North Country today. Zero degrees here as well. Headed back down to the LBS during lunch to snap some pics of the new frame/fork. I'll try to get those on the comp. so I can share them tomorrow. Making weekend plans to go pick out granite for the countertops in the new kitchen. That's about it.
at the home depot?

Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Morning all. Been a while since I've posted in a GMT. So much going on I haven't had much time for RM or actual riding. My last ride was almost 2 weeks ago. Way too long. :(

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Morning, had another busy night. Had to go ski boot shopping and got a great deal on a 2 year old boot. When I got home I needed to put a new muffler and tail pipe on my car. That took about 3 times as long as expected because I had trouble getting the old one off.

Tonight is basketball and a few beers.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. I am a bit sore today but otherwise not too bad. It's weird because yesterday, my back hurt worse than my knee and now they are about even. Good thing I got some pain meds to get me through my day.

Lots of interesting stuff (read controversy) going on with one of the teachers in my district so I'm being well entertained in my recovery period. I am awaiting a call back from my Rehab trainer guy and freezing my arse off (it's -3 on my thermometer still :( ) Other than that, I can smell the coffee and am trying to figure out how I am going to carry a cup with me on my crutches. I knew I should have gottem my camelbak out and strapped it on :)

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
More snow, more cold I don't think spring is ever going to come. I might be gettin a new bike soon though...

We'll see, Im waiting to hear from the builder

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Morning all. I am a bit sore today but otherwise not too bad. It's weird because yesterday, my back hurt worse than my knee and now they are about even. Good thing I got some pain meds to get me through my day.

Lots of interesting stuff (read controversy) going on with one of the teachers in my district so I'm being well entertained in my recovery period. I am awaiting a call back from my Rehab trainer guy and freezing my arse off (it's -3 on my thermometer still :( ) Other than that, I can smell the coffee and am trying to figure out how I am going to carry a cup with me on my crutches. I knew I should have gottem my camelbak out and strapped it on :)
I'm glad the surg. went well

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hey...meant to put these up earlier but forgot. Here's a few shots of my newest trail project--the curved wallride. I just got started on this thing, so it's just a bunch of poles in the ground right now, but I'll post up shots as I progress so y'all can see how one of these things get put together in case you want to try one yourself.

First, I kinda get some poles arranged in the general shape that I think will work. Everything is just kinda leaned on itself to give me an idea of the scale at the moment.

I check things out from both sides to make sure I've got a nice arc going around the corner.

Of course, this is a trial and error operation, so you can see here that although I've started to set the poles in the ground, they were about 2ft. too far back to get you where you needed to be, so I've started moving them forward to tighten up the curve a bit to get you around the corner faster.

Here are the finished support poles set into the ground on the correct arc. Next up are the rear supports for the poles and then the cross members that tie everything together........but that's for next time!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
More snow, more cold I don't think spring is ever going to come. I might be gettin a new bike soon though...

We'll see, Im waiting to hear from the builder
Those are nice! And the builder is too. I've emailed with him numerous times and he was always very informative and quick with his replies.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning all,

had a 2hour delay today so the kids are acting like complete MO-rons!

I feel partially retarded cause I was here printing shirts last night till 7, drank a few Saranac's when I got home, and couldn't fall asleep at all.

T, sucks that your in pain, and hope that clears up soon. With the weather the way it is, I am probably going to pick up one of the cyclops mag+ trainers from the shop. :disgust1:

Greyhound,

I can't see cause the pics are blocked at work but I will say I will be checking it out for sure tonight! :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
OK...here are some pictures from my arthroscopy yesterday. They are labeled, but the labels don't really mean all that much to me. What I do know is in the first set, the top left picture is of the damage to my knee cap; the bottom left shows my ACL (which is healthy -- yeah) and the bottom right shows the tear that he was working on.

The bottom right picture shows some more of the tear we were fixing.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
Got a ride in last night, just about 2 hrs - and felt great. The guy I was riding with busted his seat about half way down. Looked a little dangerous to me, but he made it down and even hit most of the jumps.

I also made it into the gym for the first time since our vacation, I think I'm going to be a little sore tomorrow.

And after work I'm picking up the flooring I'll be installing in our home Saturday. I'm not really looking forward to this project, but oh well. Anybody else installed laminate flooring? Seems easy, but I'm hoping it won't take all weekend (we're doing a little over 1100 sq ft).

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
T, sucks that your in pain, and hope that clears up soon. With the weather the way it is, I am probably going to pick up one of the cyclops mag+ trainers from the shop. :disgust1:
Thanks! I took some pain meds and am definitely not feeling pain right now :busted: but I won't be driving anywhere anytime soon with these meds either!