Quantcast

Google Nexus One

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Rumor mill is in full effect. I've heard release dates as early as January.

I think what's going to be most impactful is that Google (supposedly) is going to be selling this direct to consumer, unlocked, no carrier contracts. Right now all I've heard is that its GSM, but no word whether or not it will become available to Verizon.

It will be interesting to see how this impacts Apple and AT&T. Since its allegedly a GSM only device, I don't think we'll see droves of people jumping ship to get this.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2009/12/13/google-could-have-the-iphone-team-dialing-911/

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I saw that it will run on T-mobile and ATT. But I got it backwards on which carrier it would run on edge only (ATT). so maybe not a fail.
I suspect they may also put out an LTE (4G) version once Verizon has begun their large scale rollout.

but do you do a lot of texting with it? the iphone is calling me, but im all thumbs when it comes to texting via the screen
I email more than I text (same thing in this context I guess).

my emails are shorter than they would be if I were sitting at a full sized keyboard but it gets the job done.

what helps is the "word guesser" (I don't know the technical term) is fantastic. If I fat finger a word it usually guesses (correctly) what I meant anyway.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I email more than I text (same thing in this context I guess).

my emails are shorter than they would be if I were sitting at a full sized keyboard but it gets the job done.

what helps is the "word guesser" (I don't know the technical term) is fantastic. If I fat finger a word it usually guesses (correctly) what I meant anyway.
My Pearl does predictive entry but I still prefer full keyboards as long as the unit doesn't get too big.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
this killed it for me as well.
hopefully Iphone 3.0 or whatever itll be called, will get it.
i love the Iphone GUI, just not the on screen keyboard. i bought my mom a Iphone for her birthday last year and used it for a bit trying to type with it. even with predictive typing, it sucks typing on a keyboard....thats why i love my WiMo HTC Pro

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
theres been "spy shots" and other renderings of it with one built in and with a add-on feature. id be fine with a add-on feature that attaches to the phone itself
yea, i've seen a few of them myself. I'll believe it when it happens. Tho I do think that an iphone with a palm pre or pixi keyboard execution would make it really awesome. I prefer vertical orientation over horizontal.