Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
that should be fun to watch... :thumb:

update: not going after all. :( because i'll be at whistler! :thumb:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
How can there be freeride contests? Freeriding is about riding without competetion..... Its like putting ketchup on your ice cream....it just shouldnt be.......

HAHA, but it would be fun to watch. Any big names make it to these events?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
bibs said:
I think i may enter..looks fun.....hmmmm..... :think: sounds fun, a 20 foot hip.....with "natrual" landing...
I think that's the easiest part of the course. There's a big hill before it, no problem. If I could just figure out how to ride skinnies I'd be set. :thumb:
Don't anybody tell Danny Swann about the contest, :nope: He'd win for sure. :sneaky:
Toshi I'll hook up with you at 6:30 pm for some urban, OK. :)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Certified Drunk said:
3” skinnies 10’ up, No thanks
i'm not quite sure what they're talking about with that line... yeah, tim, 6:30.

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Toshi said:
i'm not quite sure what they're talking about with that line... yeah, tim, 6:30.
Me either.. We've ridden GP several times and I cant think of a section that has 3" skinnies 10' off the ground...

Any word on the Canfield Toshi?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
frizanko said:
Me either.. We've ridden GP several times and I cant think of a section that has 3" skinnies 10' off the ground...

Any word on the Canfield Toshi?
they charged my cc on the 10th (and chris, i think, said he'd be shipping the frame that afternoon), so...

the only section that could be close to 3" x 10' would be the final log section at the end of gp, before the hike up the hill. i'd say more like 6" x 6' tho. :oink:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Toshi,

your getting a F1? I'd really like to know how you like it. It was high on my list in the past.......sponsorship and timing changed that list.....

Toshi said:
they charged my cc on the 10th (and chris, i think, said he'd be shipping the frame that afternoon), so...

the only section that could be close to 3" x 10' would be the final log section at the end of gp, before the hike up the hill. i'd say more like 6" x 6' tho. :oink:
Im really interested , does any one have pics of some of the stunts? My roomate said he will do it if I do, both of us will do it for fun, I think it would be cool. 6'x6' is cool, thats no biggie but 10' starts freakin me out... :D and 3"..when my tires are 2.5 ...hmmm..Im no math wiz..but ****!!!! :)

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
I would like to enter but I have to work sat night sun-morning 9:30pm to 5:30am, might be a little tight to try and get down there, practice and have time to sleep in there somewhere too. :confused:

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
bibs said:
Im really interested , does any one have pics of some of the stunts? My roomate said he will do it if I do, both of us will do it for fun, I think it would be cool. 6'x6' is cool, thats no biggie but 10' starts freakin me out... :D and 3"..when my tires are 2.5 ...hmmm..Im no math wiz..but ****!!!! :)
Here's a link to photos of the whole GP trail that someone posted on mtbr. :thumb:

http://www.sendpix.com/albums/04061215/8kb7g95qv2/

roamingoregon

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Wilsonville
Those are my pics. I was going to post them over here when the thread started but couldn't remember my password. Word is there will be some additional ttf's on the trail. I'll try and find out more detail on Friday when I'm there. If he's ok with me posting more details I'll do it. Otherwise if you ride out there just keep your eyes peeled. Should be busy out there on Friday/Saturday.

Twisted- I was the guy with the white truck that parked at the road gap two Saturdays ago.

roamingoregon said:
Those are my pics. I was going to post them over here when the thread started but couldn't remember my password. Word is there will be some additional ttf's on the trail. I'll try and find out more detail on Friday when I'm there. If he's ok with me posting more details I'll do it. Otherwise if you ride out there just keep your eyes peeled. Should be busy out there on Friday/Saturday.

Twisted- I was the guy with the white truck that parked at the road gap two Saturdays ago.

thansk for taking the pics!..Hopefully Ill be there riding it soon! I have not been down there in a long time 10 years maybe?! Should be fun..or I will walk away crying :D :thumb:

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
roamingoregon said:

Hey, nice pictures, is it Jake from Giant?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
The more people who show up the better. Show up to ride even if you don't want to enter the contest. There are lots of other trails located near the contest trail, GP. :cool:

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
I got a message there will be TV cameras there.
I'll probably make it on the outakes/ crash reel from when I fall off a log. :think:
July 11 at Post Canyon GP trail. Don't miss it. :nope:

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Don't get TOO excited about the TV coverage. It's some cable station based in Florida. They are covering the big events. I don't know what kind of program they are putting together..

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Mountain Cycle is now the title sponsor of the event.
A trailer full of demo bikes will be at the event next sunday, the 11th.

roamingoregon

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Wilsonville
Gentlemen,
I was out there today. I didn't talk with the builders- but it appears there will be new stunts for the event. The "teeter" has been improved. After the teeter the trail will be considerably different until the "ski jump." I wouldn't say 3" wide 10' feet up- but it will be very cool for those that like elevated semi-skinny into drops...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
roamingoregon said:
Gentlemen,
I was out there today. I didn't talk with the builders- but it appears there will be new stunts for the event. The "teeter" has been improved. After the teeter the trail will be considerably different until the "ski jump." I wouldn't say 3" wide 10' feet up- but it will be very cool for those that like elevated semi-skinny into drops...
i was out there saturday and sunday. how was the teeter changed? it seemed the same as ever, only i actually rode the whole section today (before i'd fall off the ladder in the turn) :cool: . the uncompleted exit to that section does look quite sweet :thumb:

roamingoregon

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Wilsonville
When the "teeter" was first done the "weighted" side was heavy and took effort to make it move. Getting up on it also took some speed because you were nearly riding up a curb. It now appears some of the weight was taken out, and the entry has been shaped for easy entry.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
roamingoregon said:
When the "teeter" was first done the "weighted" side was heavy and took effort to make it move. Getting up on it also took some speed because you were nearly riding up a curb. It now appears some of the weight was taken out, and the entry has been shaped for easy entry.
interesting. i guess it did feel a bit easier...

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Registration is at 8 am in Hood River.
I checked out the course friday. Looks like a mile of skinny logrides and ladders with turns up about 8', and 2 jumps. Not my idea of freeride. If they included lower gp with it's drops that would be better. Or frankenstein or x chorus x. I'm no good at skinnies so I'm not going.