Quantcast

got a bike!

monchichi8

Chimp
Mar 4, 2006
Boulder, CO
So it's been about 6 months since I lost my bike on the move to Colorado but I'm happy to say that I finally got another! It's a small 2005 Yeti As-X and it's oh so sweet! I was struggling with the purchase for a little while but my fiance (monchichi) made the decision for me and brought it home. :heart: Normally, I would've probably givin' him sh*t for spending that much money on something we didn't NEED. But, hey it's a bike and I'm riding again!Can't really fault him for that!:agree:
We went to Keystone last Monday and I had a blast. My conditioning needs some work and I'm def not used to being that high up but it's been a week and I'm still grinning! I'll be in shape in no time! I hope to be out there atleast every other Monday. Hope to see some fellow mud hunnies out there!

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
Nice!

You live in Boulder, so do I.....we should hook up and ride sometime. Unfortunately I can only get to Keystone on the weekends but it's always fun to have another girl to ride with.

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
Congrats.
I was trying to decide what new bike to buy also and finally decided. Yeti was on my list of bikes to consider also. I was riding a Specialized XC and upgraded to a 2006 Kona Dawg. I had the shop put a Marzocchi III All Mountain fork on it that I originally bought for the Specialized (the factory fork that came on it wasn't so good) so it's pretty beefy now. I got it last weekend and I haven't even had a chance to ride it yet. Hopefully hubby and I will be going out after work tomorrow. I'll post a pic soon.

altagirl

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Utah
luvz2ridez said:
Hmm, can anyone tell me how to attach a photo? I can't seem to figure it out...doesn't seem like it should be that hard...
If it's 100KB or less, you can click on the "Manage Attachments" button down in the Additional Options section below where you're typing your reply. If it's bigger, you can upload it elsewhere (like Pinkbike.com) and then link it. On the toolbar above where you type your reply, there's a button that's a square with a little landscape picture in it - just cut and paste the URL into the box that pops up and it will link the picture into the thread.

monchichi8

Chimp
Mar 4, 2006
Boulder, CO
Thanks for all the replies....I'm super stoked to be on the mountain again! You hit the nail on the head sunnerbean......the love affair IS back!
Weimie....I almost wen't to the races yesterday just to see how it is out there...maybe I'll see you there next week.
I def need to ride as much as possible. I almost had a full blown asthma attack riding and that's just unacceptable. I feel like I'm holding my fiance up on the trails. I know he probably doesn't see it like that; but, I do. So I'm officially in traing to keep up with the rest of the pack!

SuperKat

Monkey
Jul 3, 2005
New York
Nice! Look like a sweet spot to ride. I'm not even going to yell at you for the lack of helmet. I'll just focus on the positives!
Keep ripping it up girl!

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
Hey Monchichi8....you should also check out the dirt jumps in Gunbarrell if you haven't already. They're BIG...but there's a few small one's to play on.

Check out the BMX track in Longmont off of County Line Rd and 119. Super fun!

Unfortunately the short track races are over for the summer, last race was last Wednesday. But CX season will soon start if you want to kill yourself on something other than short track and BMX.

nycurse

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
SuperKat said:
I'm not even going to yell at you for the lack of helmet. Keep ripping it up girl!
lol, come on even guys ware there helmets. im just kidding but nice bike. how do you set your suspension up do you like it plush or with resistence.

monchichi8

Chimp
Mar 4, 2006
Boulder, CO
nycurse said:
lol, come on even guys ware there helmets. im just kidding but nice bike. how do you set your suspension up do you like it plush or with resistence.

well....to be honest it depends if I have to pedal or not..lol