Quantcast

Got a good Dutch Oven recipe?

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
What works for me...big bowl of ice cream after a big steak dinner. The last time I used this recipe my toothless wonder let forth a solo so loud during the middle of the night that it work me up.

Lowlight7

Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Virginia, USA
Old Fashioned Macaroni and Cheese
8 oz macaroni
8 oz sour cream
2 c cottage cheese
8 oz cream cheese
1 sm onion, chopped
salt & pepper
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese
½ chub Summer Sausage, diced
Prepare macaroni according to package instructions. Mix all ingredients together and place in pan. Put pan in 350 Dutch Oven for 30 min or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Monkey Bread:
4 cans Biscuits
1 c Sugar
1 c Brown sugar
4 tbs Cinnamon
¼ c butter
Cut biscuits into quarters. Mix sugar and cinnamon in plastic bag. Drop quarters into bag and coat well. Place in Dutch Oven. Bake 350 for 35 min. Melt butter on lid, pour over quartered pieces when done.

Giant Cinnamon-Pecan Ring:
2 1lb loaves frozen bread dough
1/2 c butter, melted
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c packed brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c chopped pecans
1-1/4 c sifted powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
milk (about 4 tsp)
Cinnamon sticks(optional)
Pecan Halves (Optional)
Lightly grease inside of Dutch Oven. On a lightly floured surface, flatten thawed dough slightly. Cut each loaf into 4 pieces(total of 8). Form each piece into a rope about 18" long. Brush each rope on all sides with melted butter. Stir together sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Place mixture on sheet of foil. Roll rope in sugar mixture to coat evenly. Shape rope into a coil in the center of the Dutch Oven. Roll another rope in sugar. Attach securely to end of first rope and continue coil. Continue coating ropes and attaching to form a 10-11" circle. Sprinkle any remaining sugar over coil. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 30-40 min. Bake at 350 for 30 to 3 min or till done. Cover with foil last 15 minutes to prevent over browning if necessary. Cool about 15 min. Stir together powdered sugar, vanilla, and enough milk to make a thick glaze. Spoon over top of cake. Decorate with cinnamon sticks and pecan halves. Serves 16.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
No real Dutch Oven user would use bisquits from a can....

GearGirl, did you come up with anything good? How was the cookoff?

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
cookoff is weds night. I'm feeling overwhelmed, and not terribly insprired at the moment.

I did find a recipe for a chocolate trifle that you do in a DO, you CHILL it in the DO instead of baking something..... I might try that.