Quantcast

Got a new FR/DH sled! 36.6 lbs

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
08 Nicolai UFO st
MRP G2
FSA gravity light cranks
Xpedo mag pedals
Hope pro II laced to 6.1 (721s on the way)
Sram road cassette (XTR cs m760 11/34 on the way)
Carbon FSA gravity (diety dirty thirt bars coming white)
X9 rear der/trigger
Travis 180 tpc (have a 08 white fox 40 RC2 fir it also)
Gravity gap stem (looking for a new 1.5 70mm)
Intrinsic isx 6 evolver (marzocchi wc air coming)
Magura loise with goodridge lines and DB levers (hope M4 new as of tomorrow)
SDG I beam and I fly saddle
Schwalbe Muddy mary 2.35

Weight came in at 36.6

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
does this mean you sold the chumba?
Yeah, the bike rocked but a little small and circumstances forced it with school/career change and all.
Loved the EVO that was the fastest 6" travel bike Ive ever rocked, it felt like a long travel machine although UGLY it was centered as well.

The Nicolai is super sick Im dropping the travel to 6-7" and bring it to a lighter freeride mainly and try to do the front der. set up from the socom layout.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Very nice bike that Nicolai but i thougth a Canfield Lucky would be a excellent bike next to the jedi off youre's:biggrin:.Have fun with it

May 6, 2004
Travis,
Off-topic a little bit but we all are waiting for a full photo shut of your Jedi with 09 888 ATA forks.

Nicolai - quality bkes :)

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
You're not married are you...it's just not possible! You go through bikes and components like I change underwear..actually, you may have me beat. Here I am trying to figure out how I can slip a $600 wheelset under the radar, (Never get a joint account!) and yeah, that is a hint of jealousy.

I had a friend with one of those and he loved it...nice do it all bike.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
You're not married are you...it's just not possible! You go through bikes and components like I change underwear..actually, you may have me beat. Here I am trying to figure out how I can slip a $600 wheelset under the radar, (Never get a joint account!) and yeah, that is a hint of jealousy.

I had a friend with one of those and he loved it...nice do it all bike.
My wife and I have separate accounts, her name is on some of mine and vice a versa. However we each keep our own secret stash to do with what we'd like.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Very nice bike that Nicolai but i thougth a Canfield Lucky would be a excellent bike next to the jedi off youre's:biggrin:.Have fun with it
a lucky? It has a 13.8BB in 8 inches, and a 65 degree HA, and weighs like 2 lbs more then the jedi. He already has a sick DH bike, why would he get another one

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
It rocks, Im impressed with it. Its nimble, fast and drifts really well as well as soaks up stuff. I wont have any real time till I get the swelling in my head down from a car accident the other say. I have MRI possible cat scan to take a better look as to why i have hearing loss, dizzy, headaches, pressure nausea etc...

I am acing the road cassette and putting a xtr on it 11/34....
I picked up the fox 40rc2 tonight as well, Im pretty stoked on how PLUSH the travis is but I think I need a heavier spring to control dive a bit. Maybe just actually read the manual and learn how to use it! :D

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Travis,
Off-topic a little bit but we all are waiting for a full photo shut of your Jedi with 09 888 ATA forks.

Nicolai - quality bkes :)
Ill get one tomorrow, I have 721s coing in and 6.1s and the 721s are off to the PCr to get done in white and then Im rebuilding the nicolai wheelset with the white rims, blue nipples black spokes and blue hope II hubs. Then Im rebuilding the red I9 set with new white rims and depending on how hard it is to lace 823s Ill tear down the other I9 set and have the 823s done in white as well then replace the decals...

Also got white lowers for the travis 180 fork, just need a sdg Ifly white saddle and some white pedals on the nicolai!

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
Ill get one tomorrow, I have 721s coing in and 6.1s and the 721s are off to the PCr to get done in white and then Im rebuilding the nicolai wheelset with the white rims, blue nipples black spokes and blue hope II hubs. Then Im rebuilding the red I9 set with new white rims and depending on how hard it is to lace 823s Ill tear down the other I9 set and have the 823s done in white as well then replace the decals...

Also got white lowers for the travis 180 fork, just need a sdg Ifly white saddle and some white pedals on the nicolai!
so many white parts, it looks sick all blacked out. white parts are 2006

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
So he's ditching the erector set?
i'd be hard pressed to ditch my erector set. it has so many bolts to turn, i'm never at a loss for something to do. man there sure are lots of bolts for a single pivot :twitch:

btw - w00dy's quote below was in reference to the UFO ST (of which, i'm now a proud owner). w00dy wasn't wrong.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
i'd be hard pressed to ditch my erector set. it has so many bolts to turn, i'm never at a loss for something to do. man there sure are lots of bolts for a single pivot :twitch:

btw - w00dy's quote below was in reference to the UFO ST (of which, i'm now a proud owner). w00dy wasn't wrong.
I added more bolts that were not fastening things together, I actually build the car eating robot from the monster truck shows! Damn that was neat! Rode like $h!t but looked cool! :thumb:

I have nothing bad to say about that bike it rocks, fast fun and nimble. Great freeride bike with total speed capabilities.
Its a good bike for the guy that bought it, hhe has a LOT of growing till that bike see's any real tough stuff so it will be a great bike for him to get confidence on and have for a long time.

Adam we need to go ride as soon as you get some time and my back heals up!