Quantcast

got a new little something for my SS

May 1, 2006
i love schwinn

these are just some bikes ive had (notice a trend)
-01 schwinn mesa disc
-01 schwinn moab 1
-01 schwinn fastback factory
-98 schwinn moab 2

well i got the moab 1 frame soon after schwinn bit the dust in late '01/early '02 and built it up as a single speed. have always wanted a homegrown limited frame but could never find one. i looked on ebay religiously, posted WTB ads, etc with no luck. came across this frame on ebay, brand new never ridden never built up.

and it will be going on this bike...

sorry for the somewhat useless thread...just had to share my excitedness :o:

May 1, 2006
damn it, now that i look at the pic...it doesnt have the homegrown sticker on the top tube

i spose its impossible to find a place to buy these now-a-days eh?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
does that model take one of those ICBM headsets that Schwinn used for a year or two? If so, you can still get them from Cane Creek - just thought I'd pass that along.

May 1, 2006
does that model take one of those ICBM headsets that Schwinn used for a year or two? If so, you can still get them from Cane Creek - just thought I'd pass that along.
this frame came with a headset, but that is good to know, i'll probably buy a couple so for years ahead im not stuck looking for a headset somewhere.

May 1, 2006
And do you notice a difference? Is it lighter? Anything else that you notice?

Damn the legs on that Vicious fork look mighty thin!
i think its lighter...but then again that could all be in my head. i have a road bike w/ the 2001 n'litened platinum label super butted frame and have always wanted a mountain bike frame. kinda cool to have the best of the last, ya know?

as far as the fork goes, ive had no problems (and i weigh 205lbs). i used to have a surly 1x1 fork and took it off 4 stairs and it bent pretty good (looked like a chopper, lol)

that's a nice looking bike
thanks

Ditto, curious minds want to know. I remember hearing, "back in the day" of course, that these frames had a very smooth ride for being aluminum.
i like em a lot. i dont think anyone will ever be able to get me to ride anything but a pre-02 schwinn

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
i like em a lot. i dont think anyone will ever be able to get me to ride anything but a pre-02 schwinn
Good to know, thanks. For the record, I feel the same way about a nice steel frame. My project ss bike is based on a 2002 (or is it 2003?) Sycip frame, and it's looking to come out nice. We'll see though...