Quantcast

got my fixie!

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
is it just the angle or are your seat and bars at really odd angles? seat nose down and bars rolled back...?

oh yeah, nice ride. i like steel.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
What are those cranks? They look great.

You will want to change those angles. It must be hard to ride with no-hands like that.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
nice, at least you didn't get the lower end SE fixed gears. I run my Steamroller with a riser bar and emergency front brake.

oh, and :nopity: at all the 'gosh, yer a fashion victim now fer ridin' that bike' poppycock.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Dumb post.

And why exactly is that?

Ah, well you'd know as soon as you saw one! They're super low-end and come with one-piece cranks and the lowest grade brake calipers I've seen outside of K-Mart. I'd tell some one to buy online before grabbing one of those roach's from the LBS.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Ah, well you'd know as soon as you saw one! They're super low-end and come with one-piece cranks and the lowest grade brake calipers I've seen outside of K-Mart. I'd tell some one to buy online before grabbing one of those roach's from the LBS.
Have you ridden one for any extensive period of time or is your opinion based on some snobbery douchebaggery elitism?

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Have you ridden one for any extensive period of time or is your opinion based on some snobbery douchebaggery elitism?
What, do you have one? Did you even look it up? You probably didn't and are reverse douchebagging.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
intresting. I don't remember you being such cock back in the when.
I'm the one being a cock?

At any rate, since you seem to only want to hate...
I'm the one hating?

For the record, do I think MSRP is overpriced for the Draft or the Lager, yes, but I also think that of most bikes. Grabbing a new SS under $200 for a n00b to SS wanting to try it out is a fantastic deal.

Have I ridden the Draft? No, but everyone I've read about who has actually ridden one has said it's good enough.

Only douche bag elitist trolls seem to have a negative of opinion of it and I've not read about one of them having actually given it a try.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
I'm the one being a cock?

I'm the one hating?

For the record, do I think MSRP is overpriced for the Draft or the Lager, yes, but I also think that of most bikes. Grabbing a new SS under $200 for a n00b to SS wanting to try it out is a fantastic deal.

Have I ridden the Draft? No, but everyone I've read about who has actually ridden one has said it's good enough.

Only douche bag elitist trolls seem to have a negative of opinion of it and I've not read about one of them having actually given it a try.
There are better values and products out there then bottom-feeder products like those lower rung SE bikes. Look, if you want to put your friends on one of those, go for it. Just make sure to give them a gift certificate when parts start to crap out. You honestly think a used bike isn't a better option? Do you ride on the road at all? In traffic? Dense city traffic at that?

You're being rather aggresive and certainly abrasive and have given no reason to think otherwise. You've certainly called me a 'douchebag elitist snob', an 'elitist tool' and now a 'douche bag elitist troll'.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Holy crap, this is like watching "The View" with Rosie O'donnel and Star Jones. (not taht I know what that's like or anything)
You two francis's should lighten and shut the **** up already. :biggrin:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
There are better values and products out there then bottom-feeder products like those lower rung SE bikes. Look, if you want to put your friends on one of those, go for it. Just make sure to give them a gift certificate when parts start to crap out. You honestly think a used bike isn't a better option? Do you ride on the road at all? In traffic? Dense city traffic at that?

You're being rather aggresive and certainly abrasive and have given no reason to think otherwise. You've certainly called me a 'douchebag elitist snob', an 'elitist tool' and now a 'douche bag elitist troll'.
A. You don't understand the product position (I sure hope you don't sell bikes)... it's for people who want to try SS without breaking the bank or spending a lot of time looking around for used or building something up. Please tell me of a brand new SS for $200?

B. Do I ride road? Since you don't post in the roadie forum, I think you fail.

C. As for being aggressive, it's people like you that scare n00bs away from forums and LBSs. That's a pet-peeve of mine. And "elitist tool" sounds appropriate for you.

Just so we can stop this BS... road and commuting is all I do lately.

|

You might notice that one of my rides is an SE. No, not the Draft, but I still wouldn't look down my nose at someone who did, unlike you :(

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
yes yes, loordopie, you are correct and whatnot. I'm just a silly troll with no reasonable experience at anything other then failing. Oh, and elitism... And probably wearing emo haircuts along with tight pants and other cultural ephemera... You keep doing what yer doing.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
yes yes, loordopie, you are correct and whatnot. I'm just a silly troll with no reasonable experience at anything other then failing. Oh, and elitism... And probably wearing emo haircuts along with tight pants and other cultural ephemera... You keep doing what yer doing.
:yawn:

Just stop posting garbage that would chase a n00b away if they saw it.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Holy crap, this is like watching "The View" with Rosie O'donnel and Star Jones. (not taht I know what that's like or anything)
You two francis's should lighten and shut the **** up already. :biggrin:

No ****. But I guarantee no episode of the View ever ended in Rosie and Star munching muff publicly.

Tame Ape said:
: performs cunniligis on LorpOpie:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Unless you are one of the many hipster douchebags who only ride cuz it is the cool thing to do even though you can't handle a fixie. (milwaukee is loaded with this choads)

It's true that fixies are cool. But that shouldn't stop you from riding one.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Unless you are one of the many hipster douchebags who only ride cuz it is the cool thing to do even though you can't handle a fixie. (milwaukee is loaded with this choads)
yah, NYC is pretty packed to the brim with people coming out with the warmer weather. Hasn't bothered me, I steer clear of the 'racers'.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Dude I live in SF, it's like ground zero for lame-ass fixie posers. We have steep hills here - it's great watching choads walk up AND down the hills with their fashion accessory.

I've been riding a fixie for like 15 years or something so I think the whole thing is hilarious. But it does kind of bug me that some people have decided they don't want to try for fear of being labled a hipster. Ride what you want and screw what other people think.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Dude I live in SF, it's like ground zero for lame-ass fixie posers. We have steep hills here - it's great watching choads
But it does kind of bug me that some people have decided they don't want to try for fear of being labled a hipster. Ride what you want and screw what other people think.
You confuse me.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Dude I live in SF, it's like ground zero for lame-ass fixie posers. We have steep hills here - it's great watching choads walk up AND down the hills with their fashion accessory.

I've been riding a fixie for like 15 years or something so I think the whole thing is hilarious. But it does kind of bug me that some people have decided they don't want to try for fear of being labled a hipster. Ride what you want and screw what other people think.
thus I run a front brake! An Avid BB7 at that!