Quantcast

Gran Mal is complete

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Yep the Gran Mal completes the Trio. Now the Vagrant and the Bottlerocket have a new big brother. This thing is going to be amazing. Feels similar to the BR in a few ways.

Final weight came out to 43.75 lbs. Not bad considering my Demo was up over 48lbs...

Pics were taken before finishing...

Pics:

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
soooo cool. that frame must weight quite a bit though, those parts on there are all reasonably light, seems like the bike should be 41-ish. i envy your collection of transition stuff though, i'd love to have a bottlerocket in my garage.

Xclusive

Chimp
Aug 6, 2006
Thats one beautiful ride, I will post pics when my Gran Mal is completed.
White gran mal frame w/ White 888 SL ATA . Will look nice. I can't wait to see how it rides compared to my Kona Stinky.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Thanks for the props gents.

Actually I prefer Grip Shift as opposed to anything else. If you know how to ride, you don't mis-shift.:busted: I just can't use anything else after using GS for so long.

The frame is a Medium. Most of the parts are fairly light but burley. The Saint cranks are rediculously wide and stiff. I think a lighter brake set would take off a bit of weight but I am happy with it as is. My Demo was 48.5 lbs so I already dropped ~5 lbs from the frame/shock and cranks. Everything else was swapped over.

First ride will be tomorrow...

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
I think you need to rotate your chainguide so the lower roller is higher up toward your swingarm.
Yeah already fixed that. The pic was taken before I finished the cable, cut the chain and rotated the guide...Also put on my refurbished DX636 pedals. Broke them down, stripped the platforms and repainted..

Played around today on a few small drops to set up the DHX. The bike is amazing. Can't wait to actually hit a trail tomorrow....