Quantcast

Grand Opening!!

Ricky Bobby

Chimp
Jun 3, 2007
On July 28, which is a Saturday, the Mountain bike skills park will have its grand opening! It is going to be a lot of fun and a encourage anyone who lives in the area to make it out. There will be Red Bull, Bicycles Plus, and other great stuff out there for you. George Stevenson and a few of us are going to be holding clinics there for children and general skills clinics, so make sure to bring your kids. :happydance:

If anyone needs directions let me know

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
You are speaking of the Folsom, Ca. Mtn Bike Skills Park, correct?

If so what time is this grand opening? Is there a web page with more details?

Ricky Bobby

Chimp
Jun 3, 2007
They are working on the web page right now, but it is from 10-1 and then the park is open i believe till 6 or 7. Its worth cheking out. I just got done on working out there for the day and its going to be sick.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
They are working on the web page right now, but it is from 10-1 and then the park is open i believe till 6 or 7. Its worth cheking out. I just got done on working out there for the day and its going to be sick.

You going to show me the way of the DJ's there turd burglar??

Ricky Bobby

Chimp
Jun 3, 2007
Ya ill show u how to put that bike u just got to use. lol They got some hecka fun dj's out there. If you dont want to go to northstar monday we should head out there.

Ricky Bobby

Chimp
Jun 3, 2007
The city of Folsom owns, and yes i believe there is and entry fee. ITs any were from $2- $5. They arent sure yet. And I was just infromed that pecaon is afficialy gone. So no more bmx track. Lame!!

Ricky Bobby

Chimp
Jun 3, 2007
The event was FANTASTIC!!! It went well and there was 100+ people. The dj's are awsome and everything went good and to plan. I am waiting for pics.

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
from what i hear that wasnt the real grand opening but just a fun demo day. they are waiting for everything to be fully completed and will have a big event with all the companies, shops and organizations who helped build and design the park from the begging. so when its all done there should be one hellof a party going on there.

Ricky Bobby

Chimp
Jun 3, 2007
well for now i guess this is the grand opening and stuff. But techniqaly this is the second grand opening since the opened once for the little lader bridges that were up. Maybe the third times the charm, but it was great either way.

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
well for now i guess this is the grand opening and stuff. But techniqaly this is the second grand opening since the opened once for the little lader bridges that were up. Maybe the third times the charm, but it was great either way.
ya sounds like everytime a new section is finally finished they have a demo. but the real grand opening should be a blast with heaps of booths including our nemesis lounge with shade to rest your self from the hot sun while ripping the park.

marcm

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Elk Grove (sacramento)
Glad to see it went down so good. I cant wait to get my hardtail back together and shred that place. I am stoked to see MTB finaly get to where skateboarding is. We need a spot like this were you can just hone in on all your skills. I see this as the spot to be for off season riding.. I think i might learn my tailwhip now.

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
i think the official name is Folsom Mountain Bike Skills Park.
i haven't had a chance to ride the new djs yet, but i did stop by to look at them and i can't believe they put in jumps that big. there is a set of 2 that have to be at least 6 feet high and they lead right into the wall ride. to the left of them are smaller ones that are more like table tops. can't wait to actually try them.

thanks Free! Sounds cool! I'll be on the smaller tables LOL... have to put my DJ bike back together then I'll head over there! Can someone PM me directions from Auburn - coming down 80? See you guys out there! I'll be on a red Arrow Dss with Mag 30 wheels...

michael

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
jakes right, the Folsom Mountain Bike Skills Park is "inside"
Family Cummings Park, if you want to get technical.
google "folsom family cummings park" and it pops right up

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
Keep in mind you should bring some frame-protection/pads if you bring in a BMX bike. I don't know how strict they are now, but after we got the wall ride built, kids without pads on their BMXs were getting turned away.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Yep, and everyone that is physically inside the fence of the park need to wear a lid. My buddy came with me yesterday and he's injured so he was just taking pics. They told him that he needed a lid just to walk around.

And yea Jake is right, bmx bikes need frame pad on the TT and on the crossbar. My mtn bike he make me put a pad on the TT cuz I dont run brakes, BS.

Ricky Bobby

Chimp
Jun 3, 2007
Next tuesday, myself, george stevenson, derick teal, and amiel cavalier may all be going out to work on the place before everyone has to leave for colorado. If you want to come out and help, it would be more than appriciated.

So of the people who have gone already, who likes it and has some helpfull ideas of what else to add. We have big plans to build more of a 4x style course rather than anouther bmx track. So let me know what all you guys think.

Thanks

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Are you talking about the 7th or 14th? I could swing out in the afternoon after work to help.

This 4x course, would this be on the north half of the park where nothing is at right now? I think that'd be great

Ricky Bobby

Chimp
Jun 3, 2007
well we all plan on riding out there every tuesday atleast, but i am talking abiut the 4th. Ya the 4x crourse would be in the open area where the bmx track used to be. There is talk of maybe more dj's but i am a fan of an actual 4x track.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Finally made it back out there the other day and had a pretty good time. The big dub to hip is nice but man the place is getting beat up pretty bad. Is there a protocol on rebuilding there? I see that they have a hose and hell I can bring out my rakes and shovels. And man is that the biggest 4x track I've even seen:brows:

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
These are the only shots I have that were from about a month ago. I'll try to remember my camera next time we go out there. I'm really starting to get pissed at the crap these kids are doing to the jumps. Yesterday I was hitting the big dub and I washed out on the lip of the hip after. The dirt is so damn loose from the kids running up the hip.

ballaholyk84

Monkey
Aug 24, 2007
Beaverton, OR
Anyone going out there tomorrow? I am thinking about hitting it up to check it out as I am only about 10 minutes away. Sounds pretty sweet. Also was wondering if it was strickly hard tail or is FS also welcome? Wanna get the feel of my new bike. Thanks