Quantcast

Grande's Raffle: PLEASE READ

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
On July 4th, 2004, Alex "Grande" Ghenis fractured his neck in three places after landing a bicycle jump inproperly.

He was rushed to the Santa Clara Valley Hospital ER, and was later admitted into the ICU for the night.

Originally Grande could not feel anything below his neck. Over the next couple of months he regained some feeling in his arms, hands, neck, and head. He can also move his shoulders and extend his arms but can not move his fingers well. Alex is able to drive (he has a specialized van that enables him to get around.)

Alex is an incredible person and has kept his spirits up through this unfortunate event. Please help us support him by participating in the raffle.

Please buy as many tickets as you can to support a fallen rider... You do NOT have to be present at the raffle to win so even if you are not local, purchase tickets.

Mods, Sticky?

www.thegranderaffle.com

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Grande is a cool cat.

I'm down for a ticket or 2

Nice, I'm glad to see my boi chad from soul gettin in on this......

crashnscar

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Mt. View, CA
Damn True said:
Is there a dollar figure that if hit his old man will drop the suit?
There is no lawsuit. There was talk about it but they never really were suing yet.
He has since moved out of his dads house and is now living in Oregon with his mother.

We now need to help him out as much as possible.

Thanks for the sticky! Also, thanks to everybody who has already bought tickets.

crashnscar

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Mt. View, CA
The deadline is not set yet, but I think that it will be up until we raffle everything off (June 25th) for the tickets but about 3 or 4 days before to buy the BBQ lunch.

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
kidwoo said:
If there is no lawsuit then there should be no fences at cali. :think:

Anyway, thanks for the info.
Well, just FYI... I can't say that Grande has nothing to do with the lawsuit, but he totally opposses the closing or anything that has happened to Cali. He's still a rider at heart.

Thanks for the sticky mods.

santacruzer87

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
On my bicycle
Cali is going to reopen. Currently they have set aside the money to reopen, but they are still working with some pros to build it. Last I heard they were going to have it designed and built professionally and reopen spring of 06.

-Ryan

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Sorry to say guys, but the raffle has been canceled.

I am sorry to inform you that Grande's Raffle has been cancelled due to
recent litigation. At this time, it is in our best interest to respect our
sponsors and not involve any other parties in this matter. I have have
done all I can. I am sorry,but this choice I have made is final. I am but
28 Days from what I have put my heart into for a year. I am destroyed
and speechless. I want to say Thank You to all involved for your support.
The Swag will be returned to the vendors. Monies will be credited back.
I wont be around to much after this,I am wore out and have a bad taste in
my mouth.