Quantcast

Graves new Yeti 20" BMX Bike. WOW!

top_dog

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
Australia
Because if you are putting real power to the ground like pro BMXers, then you will snap a standard chain using a smaller chainring. Thus you have to get a bigger chain, and negate all weight savings. As said before, its about clearance and stalls etc. for the street, IF you are putting out real power. However, most street riders are not comparable to BMX racers in the power department.
Yep if you run 25-9 or whatever, and you put out big power like a pro BMXer does chances are you will either strip the teeth on the rear sprocket or the chain will just jump over the teeth on the rear sprocket. Because remember that the chain is only on probably 4 out of the 9 teeth. Not much metal to put 500W or whatever through.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Bmx makes for great cross trainning, I love going to a track or indoor skate park like Incline club to switch it up a bit. If you can land it on a bmx... mushy mtb suspension and big wheels... no problem. Tons of pros cross on bmx's and vice versa. Or take a look at a few top freeride guys, Bas, Claw, Chase, Lenosky, Andrew Lac ect... all started with some kind of bmx/trials backround.
I think it's a pretty sweet bike, nice post.
Ahhhh
shoot, sorry, I did not know pros rode BMX too.

:shocked:

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Intense?? Are you joking?? The whole point of this being news is that THIS IS A YETI! Made 100% by YETI designed 100% by YETI.

Just because it has a kink in the top tube like the old Intense frames, it's suddenly an Intense? Look a bit closer fellas!

Theres been a prototype YETI bmx floating around for the last 7 months, now this is the first of what the production frames are going to be.

I hope this clears things up a bit. Im sure the last thing YETI want is people saying it's a rebadged Intense.
Well, I guess i totally missed the mark on that one then! The Kinesis drop chunks and extremely similar bend in the top tube threw me off (until I took the time to find a picture of the Intense other than this http://www.yeticycles.com/Bikes/BikesMedia/GeoImage4XV2.gif
The heinous zebra stripes on that bike do a good job of masking the actual tube profile...

I guess I can see that's the TT off the 4x?
That explains the bend I suppose, but man, it sure had me fooled.
Is it safe to assume that if you guys are putting these into production you are going to have a specific TT drawn for it? It'd be keen to see it ultimately looking like a mini DJ...

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Ahhhh
shoot, sorry, I did not know pros rode BMX too.

:shocked:
No I said CAME from a bmx backround and use that skill in their current MTB riding. All modern freeride and flashy slopestlye comps/ riding vids are what....

bmx tricks on FR bikes down a course or simply riding Mt. bikes with bmx/dirt geometry.

M@LPHY

Monkey
Oct 6, 2004
the Netherlands
Yô Stikman!

Kiddie bike? If so put your lil' kid on one and 'send it' on that Beijing replica SX track at Chula Vista, Cali. A Leat brace won't help much.

BMX is pure racing... 8 guys, one gate... first 4 advance, with under 40 sec. tracktime a moto!

Pro's... Scott 'Boom Boom' Beaumont was racing in France, EC Rounds #7 / 8.
http://www.annekebeerten.com/imagepopupnews.asp?NID=829&nav=2

And Mr. Lopes still has that 3 spd. XTR GT Ultrabox!

Anne-Caro Chausson is cleaning up again at Elite-Women or is that AA-Pro with you guys?

Hey D3... so Grubby is looking for a weight advantage Racer that he is. Tell him to use a plastic softener and then add paint!

I agree the Yeti looks like kinked toptube Intense Uzzi MX, Sabot, Podium. Even the drop-out are likewise shaped.
But also a Specialized Hemi Pro with that folded toptube.