Quantcast

Gravity East #6 Killington

Gravity East

Monkey
Apr 22, 2011

Gravity East Series Race # 6, Killington Resort, “The Beast”​

The Gravity East Series rolls into Southern Vermont for the second stop in the Green Mountain State to “The Beast” Killington Resort the weekend of August 13 & 14 for race #6 of the series. Killington Resort has returned with a vengeance to the mountain bike scene with the new Kona Groove Approved Mountain Bike Park. This is the second year in a row for hosting the GES. Once again this year the course will utilize a new and improved trail from the top of Killington Peak elevation 4241’ to the base just west of the K-1 Gondola.

Courtesy of Matt Delorme​

Killington Resort creates a truly party atmosphere with a concert on Saturday afternoon after practice from 3:30- 6:00 p.m. The “Cooler in the Mountain” free concert series continues this weekend with the Band Twiddle. Twiddle is a local Vermont quartet band playing on the very large concert stage venue located behind the K-1 Mountain Base Lodge. There will be a barbecue on the K-1 deck overlooking the Killington Peak and concert venue.

Courtesy of Matt Delorme​

Event Information
Race Tickets, Pro Men & Women $ 80.00, Category 1,2, 3 $ 75.00 this includes lift pass for Saturday and Sunday only

You can practice Friday by purchasing a lift pass from the Mountain

On line registration Closes 8/11/11 11:45pm Register now! Here

On-Site Registration located in the K-1 Base Lodge on the second floor.

Schedule

Saturday 08/13

On-Site Registration 9am – 4pm

Course Practice 10am – 4pm

Cooler in the Mountains Concert featuring Twiddle 3:30pm - 6pm

Sunday 08/14

On-Site Registration 8am – 10am

Course Inspection Runs 9:00am – 10:30am

Mandatory Riders Meeting 10:45am

Start List Posted by 11:00am

Race Start 12:00pm ET

Awards to follow Official Results TBD

$1000.00 Pro Purse, Product Prizes for all Amateur Classes provided by: Maxxis Tires, GES Presenting Sponsor Formula Brakes, also these great supporting Sponsors – 661, e13, NEMA, Fox Racing.

Lodging Info

Discounted lodging is available at Killington Resort by calling 800-621-6867, please mention Gravity East Downhill Race.

Overnight parking is permitted in Bay 2 of the K-1 parking lot

For more info on Killington Resort and lodging go to www.killington.com

There is also lodging available within 10 miles west of Killington Resort in Vermont’s second largest city, Rutland.

GES # 6 Killington VT Course Preview on Vimeo

Last edited:

Gravity East

Monkey
Apr 22, 2011
The improvements made to the long GES Killington Course according to riders practicing today say it is fun, faster and the new section flows really well.

I would like to thank the Trail Crew headed up by Rosey here at Killington and the rest of the staff here llooking forward to a GREAT race, also because it a well built course that has been ridin all summer long, weather if we get any the trail will hold up well. I walked it today very NICE!:D

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Thanks, I usually check the monday after each race and sometimes it takes a few hours for it to be updated or for me to find it (either that I am looking in the wrong place).

Thanks again!