Quantcast

Gravity East Series #3 at the Windham World Cup Festival

Gravity East

Monkey
Apr 22, 2011

July 7-9 Windham Mountain World Cup Weekend

Coming this July 9th at the Windham World Cup Weekend is the Gravity East Series Race #3, the Race is being held within the World Cup Venue, the GES track is separate from the World Cup Track along side all the Disciplines the World Cup brings DHI, our Downhill, and World Cup XC.

There will be so much to do this is a must attend event as riders and spectators from around the world will converge on Windham Resort as a domestic Pro and Amateur racer the Gravity East Race provides opportunity for sponsors and spectators alike to see you race a World venue which is being televised live to 60 countries around the world.

Gravity East on site Registration will be held from 9-4pm Thursday, 9-4pm Friday and 9-1pm Saturday we highly encourage Pre-registration to speed your registration time.

Practice Schedule is as follows:

Thursday July 7th:
10:00am to 1:00pm
4:30PM to 6:30pm

Friday July 8th:
4:00pm to 6:30pm

Block Party 8:00 - 11:00pm on Main Street in Windham

Saturday July 9th:
12:00pm to 3:00pm

The Race Start time is 3:15pm July 9th

Lars Tribus Masters Challenge Starts after the GES event See below on the Masters Challenge

Awards to Follow

For Lodging and Camping Information please visit: http://www.racewindham.com

In addition the Gravity East Presents the:​

Lars Tribus Masters Challenge

In support of the Arthritis Foundation the Gravity East Series is proud to announce the Lars Tribus Masters Challenge to be held during the Gravity East Series downhill race at the Windham Mountain Bike World Cup Festival July 7-10 in Windham, N.Y. with 100% of the entry fees donated to the foundation.

This is a special Masters Category charity downhill race in support of the Arthritis Foundation. Arthritis is the nation's # 1 cause of disability. Fitness and exercise are an important component of treatment and therapy, with cycling considered an arthritis friendly exercise.

One of the foundation's "Heroes", professional downhill mountain bike racer Lars Tribus has become a spokesman and avid supporter of the foundation. He was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis at the age of 9 and battled symptoms throughout his childhood. When he was 12, he was told by his doctor he'd spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair. The doctor got it half right...he did spend his life on wheels, just not sitting down.

Eligible participants are all 30+ men and women Pro DH current USAC license holders. Entry fee is $80.00 and if racers are also entered in the Gravity East series race the fee will be discounted to $40.00. In addition all 30+ Category 1 - 3 racers must be entered in the Gravity East series race at Windham would also then be eligible to participate and the entry fee will be $30.00.

There will be a minimum Pro purse of $500.00 and plaques awarded to the top 3 positions in both pro and amateur categories. In addition there will be special winners jerseys provided by Nema for both the Pro and amateur winners plus product prizes from Deity. For additional information please visit the Gravity East Series website at www.gravityeastseries.com

Please come out and support the fight against arthritis and thank you to our sponsors Nema, Deity and the Windham Area Recreation Foundation.

Registration Info:

Onsite Registration Only for this Charity Race

Thursday - Saturday 7/7/2011- through 7/9/2011

9-4:00pm 7-7-2011 though 7/8/11

9-1:00pm 7/9/2011

For Practice and Race Schedule visit http://www.racewindham.com

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Bob, my guess is no - there are essentially two DH trails - the Citizen's course and the WC course. You could get on the Citizens one, but it might be crowded. Maybe they've built more since last year?

Keith

Chimp
Sep 28, 2010
When will the Lars Tribus Masters Challenge be held, can't see anything on the Race Schedule?

May 31, 2007
Manchester, NH
When will the Lars Tribus Masters Challenge be held, can't see anything on the Race Schedule?
It is in the schedule "Gravity East" Posted sorry about the confusion we thought it was clear:

"Lars Tribus Masters Challenge Starts after the GES event See below on the Masters Challenge"

k1creeker

Chimp
Mar 11, 2008
Bob, my guess is no - there are essentially two DH trails - the Citizen's course and the WC course. You could get on the Citizens one, but it might be crowded. Maybe they've built more since last year?
That's too bad. I'm not one to spectate.

Hey, we're heading over to Central Park tonight if you're free to ride.

k1creeker

Chimp
Mar 11, 2008
No Problem D or me can answer questions, D is on here less he is always working
Hi Gravity East,
You seem to be the authority on the area. I posted this in another forum but didn't get any feedback.

I'm wondering if you can share the beta on the network of trails (either current or planned) that is listed as the second bullet point in the mountain bike festival mission statement. http://www.racewindham.com/wwc-donations/

I rarely travel south to ride XC and am curious as to what networks are in the Windham area.

Second question...does the Windham Area Recreation Foundation have a web site? Beyond the single race event site, I wasn't able to find any info on this group's other initiatives.

Thanks for any info.

k1creeker

Chimp
Mar 11, 2008
K1 don't ride no Plattekill! :D

..but to actually be helpful: you could ride roundtop or North/South Lake. N/S lake is an awesome xc ride!
Thanks guys,
I know about platty and "will" ride there...it's just not my top choice. :)
I'll take a look into Roundtop and N/S lake.

I'm starting to get the impression the Windham Area Recreation Foundation's only goal is to run one annual UCI event. Which is totally fine. Just don't expect additional donations for an event that has plenty of sponsorship...and apparently spectators.

Gravity East

Monkey
Apr 22, 2011
Hi Gravity East,
You seem to be the authority on the area. I posted this in another forum but didn't get any feedback.

I'm wondering if you can share the beta on the network of trails (either current or planned) that is listed as the second bullet point in the mountain bike festival mission statement. http://www.racewindham.com/wwc-donations/

I rarely travel south to ride XC and am curious as to what networks are in the Windham area.

Second question...does the Windham Area Recreation Foundation have a web site? Beyond the single race event site, I wasn't able to find any info on this group's other initiatives.

Thanks for any info.
Actually I know little about the trails around Windham or the Race Course, The Foundation does not have a website as far as I know. Best bet on riding in the area info is to contact Windham Mountain Outfitters 518-734-4700

Gravity East

Monkey
Apr 22, 2011
my guess would be some sort of conflict with a UCI practice... I know last year there were a few spots where the citizens course crossed the UCI XC course... and those guys are higher priority. the am races play second fiddle to the pros.
The UCI XC course does cross the GES track which is 90% the same as last years although there is a diversion in one section due to a 4 foot drainage ditch cut at the Mountain so the course has change a little, but yes the XC race/Practice is the reason for the hour and half Friday schedule, we were simply told this is the schedule, and my understanding it is UCI ruling.