Quantcast

Gravity East Series Finals Oct 2-3 at Vertical Earth Gravity Park, PA

May 31, 2007
Manchester, NH
Gravity East Series Finals – Battle to the Finish

For Immediate Release:

Vertical Earth Gravity Park at Blue Mountain located in Danielsville, PA on October 2nd & 3rd will be hosting the most competitive and hard fought battle for the Championship of the Gravity East Series in many years. Every category in the GES is up for grabs as we head into this final double point race of the very successful 2010 season.

In the Pro Men’s category there is a current tie between Geritt Beytagh (Morewood Bikes) and Gavin Vaughan (Giant/HBG/E13) with Jason Memmelaar (Hayes/Manitou) and Adam Morse (VonCooper/GT/Smith) clipping at there heals. (This is without the Dropped Race) The Pro Men and Women are competing for a lucrative $ 5000 purse for the Gravity East Finals Point Series.

In the Cat 1 18 & Under Men, not much separates the three top riders.Logan Mulally (Troy Lee Designs), Ray Syron (Sinister/United Freeride) and Damon Morin (Highland Mountain). This same story exists throughout the balance of categories in the very competitive Gravity East Series.

Vertical Earth Gravity Park at Blue Mountain is pulling out all the stops for this final big race of the season for the Gravity East.Owner Dan Whitehead and crew have created a very exciting non-pedaling, Fast, Fast, Fast course with anticipated times in the 3 minute range. The course will utilize the trails named, Formula to Off Camber Syndrome to World Cup. It has technical off camber sections a rock garden and some really fast open trails. A little bit of everything to suite rider’s taste. It will also have a rock drop and a very large exciting “Booter” at the Finish.

Vertical Earth Gravity Park will create a great festive atmosphere for the weekend. They will be hosting a very exciting Dual Cross format race on Saturday afternoon and in the evening the always fun GES Foot Down Derby with prizes for the winners. A DJ will be spinning music.

There is also a large available Free Vender and Expo area open to all vendors.

Besides all the cash for the Pro’s and prizes for the Amateur’s there will be a race number plate raffle on Sunday. An FB10 DH frame MSRP $2500 courtesy of FTW Industries will be raffled off to all the Amateur riders.

So come out to Vertical Earth Gravity Park at Blue Mountain PA for the most exciting and fun weekend of the season. Watch in anticipation who will take the top spots of the 2010 Gravity East Series Season.

Free Vender and Expo space available at Vertical Earth Gravity Park. All vendors are welcome!!

Camping on-site is available at Vertical Earth Bike Park at Blue Mountain for just a $ 5.00 fee. Free fire wood is also provided!

Registration

You can pre-register for the Gravity East Finals at Vertical Earth Gravity Park at Blue Mountain by visiting the Gravity East website at: www.gravityeastseries.com or by visiting www.bikereg.com.

On-line registration closes 09/30/10 at 11:45p.m.

Note * On-site registration is $ 5.00 additional, so Thank you for registering in advance on-line.

No Friday on-site registration available.

Vertical Earth Gravity Park at Blue Mountain requires an additional Waiver form completed. Please save time registering by downloading the form here:

On-site registration Pro $ 75.00, Category 1, 2 and 3 $ 70.00

A Dual Cross format race will be held on Saturday 10/02 at Vertical Earth Bike Park at Blue Mountain.

Pre-registration is also available on-line along with on-site registration on Saturday 10/02.

Race Info & Schedule

Saturday 10/02

Gravity East Finals on-site registration 8am-4pm

Dual Cross on-site registration 8am-10:30am

Gravity East Finals practice 9am-4pm All Categories

Gravity East Finals practice 4pm-5pm Pro & Cat 1 Only

Dual Cross practice 8:30am-11:30am

Dual Cross qualifying 12pm

Dual Cross Race starts 2pm

Foot Down Derby evening TBD

Sunday 10/03

Gravity East Finals on-site registration 8am-10:30am

Gravity East Finals course inspection runs 8:30am-11:00am

Rider meeting at the lift 11:30am

Gravity East Finals race starts 12pm

Awards to follow, Official Results TBD

Race day Pro purse $1000.00

Gravity East Series Finals Men’s and Women’s Pro purse total $5000.00

Product prizing for all amateur categories provided by host resort: Vertical Earth Gravity Park at Blue Mountain, GES presenting sponsor VonCooper.com (Official Video Production Co. of the Gravity East Series) also these great supporting sponsors – e*thirteen, Kenda Tires, Hayes Bicycle Group, NEMA, Derailedonline.com, Pinkbike.com and DHD Race Promotions.All Gravity East Series registration, timing and point standings managed by “All Sports Events”

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
Manchester, NH
do you know if they're going to have friday practice this year dan? thanks!
Dan Whitehead, Owner of Vertical Earth Gravity Park, is in Vegas, so I cannot confirm any practice Friday and according to to the Mountain and Vertical Earth site both say open Sat & Sun only. So I would would have to say there is no Friday practice.

Thank You

gravitydad

Chimp
Mar 30, 2009
NY
Stoked for this event! our lil jr racer is looking to close out the season and leave this category in a big way!

SeatPost

Chimp
May 17, 2009
Philly, sort of
Sick course selection Dan, although did you guys rename OCS or has there been a modification to it, hence the new name. Either way can't wait to race it.

May 31, 2007
Manchester, NH
Also, thanks Dan for a great series and a kickn 2010!
Thanks to you and all the racers, have helped make the GES THE series, I hope to see you all make it to the Finals, it is going to be a blast, so tell your friends and others even if you have not followed the series the GES is rolling in with there staff to a great hosting mountain with a great place to ride and race!!

No one should miss this one!!

Last edited:

GESAnnouncer

Chimp
Aug 2, 2010
Middlebury, VT
Hi Guys,

The Race Course looks great ! Another great weekend for the Gravity East Finals. Incredible weather forecasted for the weekend. Great for riding, racing and camping. Look forward to seeing everyone.

See You on the Mountain !

:thumb::D

Schneidie

Chimp
Apr 24, 2010
New England
Anybody have any idea how Blue drains? Looks like there's going to be some pretty serious rain Wednesday. Should we expect a damp course or will the mountain dry out quickly?

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Anybody have any idea how Blue drains? Looks like there's going to be some pretty serious rain Wednesday. Should we expect a damp course or will the mountain dry out quickly?
It drains quite well from my experience there. Dan would know best but I don't think it'll be a wet course at all if it rains on Wednesday.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
it does dry up pretty good there, but riding in the rain there is so much fun. there is a ton of traction even in the pouring rain. thats probably the only place i like to ride in the rain.

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
it does dry up pretty good there, but riding in the rain there is so much fun. there is a ton of traction even in the pouring rain. thats probably the only place i like to ride in the rain.
based on how dry the summer has been .... I say let it rain

Softens things up a bit.

Last years GES at Blue it rained and the course was fun, the only real sloppy section was the final 100 yards or so to the finish.

Jul 15, 2009
AllDayinPA
Thursday morning here, 10:14AM. With Pre-Registration ending right around the corner ( 11:45 pm ) I'm super stoked for the weekend. We're definitely getting a well needed dose of moisture today. With sunshine on the horizon and perfect temps for the weekend the trails will be in the best condition of the season. Fall is here, leaves are changing colors, perfect temps in the 60's, sunshine, and " tacky " conditions are forecasted for the trails. For all the riders coughing up eastern pa clay balls all summer, this weekend should be some of the funnest conditions all season.

Special guests this weekend RideGuide TV, Decline, Sicklines, and more will be in the house to capture the 2010 Gravity East Finals. Kevin Pennock from RideGuide will be on the trail Sunday to film the finals. For those of you unfamiliar, these are the guys you see on all the tv's out west at the resorts and Canada. How cool is that to be out west and see yourself shredding the East Coast on your DH rig racing the Gravity East Finals! Ride Guide is here for 10 days filming mountain biking in PA and were super stoked to have them here at the mountain as well as the rest of the familiar faces like Matty and Justin. Make sure you smile when you see these guys they usually always have there camera's.

The Best riders from New England, Florida, Kentucky, Ohio, are signed up and in route to Eastern Pa's Blue Mountain Ski Resort to throw it down on some of the fastest and flowy race trails in the East. Big thanks to Dan MacD. from the GES for putting together a great East Coast Series for all the riders to compete at a high level of racing in the East. We look forward to hosting a great event for all the racers and riders this weekend.

Send It ! :D
Vertical Earth

Tedman

Monkey
Oct 27, 2009
Lebanon, PA
Looking forward to the weekend. Thanks for all your work in advance. I am sure (just knowing the mountain) the conditions will be SICK! Can't wait to ride some good PA soil. See ya Saturday!

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I am in desperate need of a 32mm Boxxer Maxle. The warranty one I got from sram isn't going to be here till next week and the spare I had lined up to borrow this weekend hasn't shown up. Anyone going to Blue this weekend have a spare I could borrow? I will have lots of beer to share:cheers:

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Whose your best buddy in the world? Come on...you can tell me!

Read your email Matty Matt

Last edited:

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Cars packed. Leaving in about 2 hours. I dont know why I came to work for a little since all Im doing is cruising RM.

Jul 15, 2009
AllDayinPA
It's a wrap for Gravity East Finals here at Vertical Earth Gravity Park. Can't say how stoked I am on the weekend. Just want to say BIG Thanks to the all the riders and racers who came here to ride the trails this weekend. I also want to thank the Gravity East Crew for helping to make a great weekend here in Eastern PA. I gotta say I miss being out there on my bike riding with everyone but its pretty awesome and rewarding to see everyone having fun riding.
The day before was a little scary with the amount of rain that dumped on us. We had some nice help from a couple guys on Friday preparing the trails including Neko. Gotta say I'm impressed when the top guy comes out to help bucket and rake water out of the track so everyone can enjoy it the next day. Just want to say that example of a real PRO and its a pleasure having a kid like that visiting and helping us out. For all the riders it's just awesome having everyone here and hearing how pumped everyone was all weekend.
We look forward to the rest of our season here with a few more events to go. There's something special here every weekend before the Vertical Earth Gravity Games Finals. The trails should be in primo shape the rest of the year with this greatly missed moisture all summer. Here's a link to some of my pics from the weekend. There's over 150 so alot of you are in them. Have fun and hope to see everyone on a trail sometime soon !! :D

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=73118&id=1661949235&l=77625ac438

Last edited:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Huge congrats to Grayson, Damon and Chuck Morin Father and Sons Champions !!

And all the other Champions, you are a dedicated bunch.

Last edited:

Snowflake

Monkey
Aug 10, 2009
Maryland
Such a freaking awesome weekend! =) And yeah, the Dual course was SKETCHY on Friday. I never expected to walk up there and see that much water! I wish I would have thought to take a picture of Neko with the pickax, though.. LOL

Pump track

Dual Course by the bus.

May 31, 2007
Manchester, NH
First and foremost I want to thank ALL the racers who have been to and stuck with the GES events and all the other events this year it has been a great year for the GES and Gravity racing on the East (this is where it is now), as we the GES have an average of 175 plus this shows the deication of the riders, venues and the series, the venues seen in 2011 looks even better, no telling what will happen for 2011 just yet as the momentum of the series is really showing all our sponsors this year we need full support in 2011, some have been with us all the years and some jumped in on the way, for the Finals and for 2011 stay tuned to www.gravityeastseries.com

I want to thank 661 and Raceface DH Productions, but derailedonline.com, Hayes Bicycle Group, KENDA, Sun Ringle, and especially Voncooper.com, as well as NEMA, FTW Industries, e13, Pinkbike, and for the Finals 661 really stepped up, and Don Hampton of DH Productions, not to mention Matt Delorme from decline Magazine look for the Finals wrap up in decline magazine coming soon.

Of course ALL the venues with an assortment of differing tracks to mix it up, we got Killington back into the fray (and that course is going to be improved with the help of series 2nd runner up Gavin Vaughn to make the course KILLER in 2011, some changes and of course some regular venue supporters of the GES venues for 2011.

Look for the digital version fist of the new GES Newsletter coming soon from Sam Chipkin of DHD Sponsored Drummer racing headed up by editor is the always smiles Sam Chipkin called the "GES Parking lot Chronicles", should be great as we move toward 2011 with a race to race FREE subscrption at registration......Really the racers and the turnout show we ARE really getting the best racers of the East with great riders and venues.

Results and standings are up and so is the site here

Thanks is never enough we would not be doing this for anyone but the riders, this series is for riders by riders!!!