Quantcast

Gravity East Series Round #5 Sugarbush

May 31, 2007
Manchester, NH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1FAKndnB7NY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1FAKndnB7NY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Gravity East Series heads north to Sugarbush Resort

Beytagh and Vaughan tied for first in the Gravity East Standings.

For Immediate release
July 20, 2010
By Richard Rude

On July 31st the Gravity East Series returns to the epic Sugarbush Resort. Racers will be treated to the awesome Vermont terrain of the fun and challenging Sugarbush downhill course. At this point in the season the Gravity East point standings are just to close to call. In the Pro mens field Geritt Beytagh(Morewood USA) and Gavin Vaughan(Giant/HBG) will have to contend with Jason Memmelaar(Giant/HBG), Adam Morse(VonCooper/GT) ,Richie Rude(Specialized Allride, and Ethan Quehl( East Coast Gravity Pros) who are all hungry for a Gravity East win. Every race offers the opportunity for all racers in all divisions to grab valuable Gravity East Series points to move them closer toward that Gravity East Series Championship.

Sugarbush is known for some of the best and most diverse terrain in the East. It is located on the Western side of the Mad River Valley, which offers Sugarbush riders a wide variety of dining, lodging and entertainment options.

No Friday Onsite Registration is available Note* On-Site Registration is $5.00 additional, so thank you for registering online and saving yourself 5.00.

Register Online at Pre-Register NOW!!! Closes July 9th 11:59pm No surcharges either

The entry fee includes a two day (Sat. & Sun) lift pass and your race fees.

Sugarbush Waiver is required by the resort, so please print out and fill out prior to the event and save onsite registration time.

You can pre-ride the course all this week and Friday for the cost of a lift pass

Primitive camping is avaiable on-site, and if you are pre-registered you can receive a 20% discount on Sugarbush lodging

Saturday Onsite Registration Pro $70.00 Cat 1,2,3 $65.00 8-2pm Saturday 7/31/10

Course Practice 10am-6:00pm

Sunday Onsite Registrations Pro $70.00 Cat 1,2,3 $65.00 8-9:30am 8/1/10

Course Inspection Runs 8:30am-10:30am

Race Start ET is 11:15am

Awards to follow Official Results TBD
Medals awarded to top 3 in each class. Pro Cash Purse
NEMA Contingency Program is also available to earn cash racing Check it out here

GES Presenting Sponsor VonCooper.com (Official Video Production Company of the Gravity East Series) also these great supporting Sponsors - e13, Kenda Tires, Hayes Bicycle Group, NEMA, Mad March Racing, FTW Industries, Derailed.com, PinlkBike.com, DHD Race Promotions.
All Standings, Timing, and Registration managed by "All Sports Events"

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
Manchester, NH
Just wanted all to know that On-site registration will be in the Castle Rock Pub which is located in the Gate House Building.

Also there is a link for the Sugarbush Liability Release, please download and complete, just another legal matter that cannot be avoided and slows you and the registration staff. I want all to enjoy themselves as much anyone.

May 31, 2007
Manchester, NH
Just wondering what the race course is and if it is the same as last year

Thanks
Same course, small improvements is what I have been told, however NOT very wet, based on current weather reports, looks to be dry, also the Mountain is open and so is the course all this week for freeriding. There is a video from 09 on the GES website http://www.gravityeastseries.com go to the media link at the top of the page scroll down to Sugarbush 09

May 31, 2007
Manchester, NH
36 Hours left to Pre-register and save time, and $$ and you can download the Sugarbush waiver and fill it out to save time. Pre-reg closes July 29th at 11:59pm

Register here NOW!!!
Just got this update on course conditions straight from the track:

From Event Mgr: Just walked the course - should be fun!!!! It's pretty dry right now, I wasn't sure after the hard rain last weekend - but it will be great!!!

theBigHeezy

Chimp
Oct 23, 2006
Salt Lake $hitty, UT
Just got this update on course conditions straight from the track:

From Event Mgr: Just walked the course - should be fun!!!! It's pretty dry right now, I wasn't sure after the hard rain last weekend - but it will be great!!!
I rode it yesterday. Its dry and fast, all the woods sections are awesome.

Two things i should hope will change as they stand now. Just some pre-race constructive criticism.

ONE: Start gate should be at the end of the 50 second fireroad sprint (just before the top of the double lift). They are not gaining anything by having it start from the top. This has been one of the only suggestions/complaints in the past. Really, no need to start a DH race with a flat 50 second sprint. PLEASE!

TWO: The grass appears to mowed where the course is going to go on the upper open section. I would really suggest putting more corners in or including some of the berm trail from years past. This section is waaaaayyyy too straight and consequently too fast. I feel this section to be very unsafe as it is mowed right now mostly because of the occasionally rough/loose spots or the few deep waterbars.

I think both these will raise complaints if they are not addressed immediately.

Everything else is effing rad. Going to be a sick race and great weather.

May 31, 2007
Manchester, NH

Two things i should hope will change as they stand now. Just some pre-race constructive criticism.

ONE: Start gate should be at the end of the 50 second fireroad sprint (just before the top of the double lift). They are not gaining anything by having it start from the top. This has been one of the only suggestions/complaints in the past. Really, no need to start a DH race with a flat 50 second sprint. PLEASE!

TWO: The grass appears to mowed where the course is going to go on the upper open section. I would really suggest putting more corners in or including some of the berm trail from years past. This section is waaaaayyyy too straight and consequently too fast. I feel this section to be very unsafe as it is mowed right now mostly because of the occasionally rough/loose spots or the few deep waterbars.

Thank You your suggestions which have been forwarded to the trail crew, events manager and I certainly hope I will see your perception and or changes upon inspection Friday.

Again Thank You!

ldw222

Monkey
Jun 16, 2009
Rochester, NY

I haven't seen the track yet but that 50 second sprint on flat sounds like it should definitely go...hopefully they listen to you...

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
I haven't seen the track yet but that 50 second sprint on flat sounds like it should definitely go...hopefully they listen to you...

I'll be coming down with a few riders from North of the border, never been to Sugarbush should be fun, but yes we definitely could do with out a long flat section out of the start, especially since the course looks like it's fairly long as it is. I believe that the top times in Pro Mens last year were a little over five minutes.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
they have used that part of the track for years (back in trail 66 days for few years and again for past 2 or 3), and always get flack for it.... would be cool to see them actually listen for a change and move the start down a bit.

50 seconds is being generous... It's a long way and pretty much ruins what would be a rad track.

this is not the first time someone has questioned it. you would be amazed at the reasoning I was given a few years back though.... classic:rolleyes:

May 31, 2007
Manchester, NH

Just got an email from the Mountain the start will be changed along with the bermed section being used as suggested. I will inspect it all Friday, it is going to be a great race!!!

And I thank the staff at Sugarbush for listening to our suggestions for changes made literally 48 hours from the Race weekend.

Last edited:

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
Interested in the 20% savings for on site lodging, how does one go about getting that deal. I checked the Sugarbush lodging site but there is nothing mentioned about that discount ?

May 31, 2007
Manchester, NH
Interested in the 20% savings for on site lodging, how does one go about getting that deal. I checked the Sugarbush lodging site but there is nothing mentioned about that discount ?
All event information is at http://www.gravityeastseries.com/eventinfo.html

All you have to do is pre-register online call the lodging number:
1-800-53 SUGAR and tell them you are registered for the Gravity East Race, and that you understand you can receive a 20% discount.

It is also mentioned on Sugarbush site on the GES page at the bottom of this page here:
http://www.sugarbush.com/content/cm.asp?pid=23&id=987

Hope this will help. Remember for Gravity East event info and Rules of the series video Press releases, etc. can always be found here:
http://www.gravityeastseries.com

Thank You and we hope this all helps, I will not be around to respond to any further post, since I will be on the road. You can always email me at gravityeastseries@gmail.com or through the web contact form on the GES site.

Last edited:

theBigHeezy

Chimp
Oct 23, 2006
Salt Lake $hitty, UT
Just Make Sure the Course is taped tight all the way down or I'm sure you'll hear about it Monday.
NOOOO, leave it taped wide! They cut a lot of the underbrush next to the trail, so if they tape it wide it will be 10ft wide all the way through the woods making for awesome line choices. And you should drive up from PA. we all did 10 hours down to Wisp and Seven springs, and the Sugarbush/Killington courses will be really sick (dont want to say better then ss and wisp, but they will be better).

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
this will be one of the better tracks around, and dry... has it ever been dry there for a race?