Quantcast

Gravity East Series Updated Info

May 31, 2007
Manchester, NH
Hey all the Gravity East Series is hapening and getting better and bigger! The website is updated so visit the website for details and THANKS to NEMA, the GES has a Contingency Program so placing will get you paid!!

Visit the site for all the Latest information at http://www.gravityeastseries.com

Here is the Contingency Program Flyer:

2009 Gravity East Schedule is Finalized!
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - The 2009 Gravity East Schedule has been finalized as of today. Below are the dates! Listed beside each date is the events that will take place. New for this year is a Gravity East Series for dual slalom! Gravity East finals will again take place at Plattekill Mtn. in October. This year at the helm as series Director is Daniel McDonald of DHD Promotions. More information to come as well as an updated website. 11 races best of 8 determines Champion $5000.00 finals purse

This is a USA Cycling Sanctioned Series. http://www.gravityeastseries.com for the latest info, this is also part of the USAC Pro Gravity Tour Calendar with UCI World Cup Points to be had........

#1 Massanuten Resort VA - May 8-9 - DH

#2 Wisp Resort MD - June 5-7 DH - DS

#3 Seven Springs Resort PA - June 13-14 DH

#4 Windham Resort, NY June 27th-28th DH - DS

#5 Highland Mountainbike Park NH - July 11-12 DH-DS

#6 Attitash Mountain, NH - July 18-19 DH Only

#7 Sugarbush Resort VT - August 1-2 DH Only

#8 Whiteface Resort 5K NY - Aug. 29-30 DH

#9 Blue Mtn Resort PA - Sept 26-27 DH - DS

#10 Mount Snow, VT Oct 3-4 DH-DS

#11 Plattekill NY - GES Final Oct 10-11 DH - DS

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
question:

I'd like to compete in this series, but what are the policies on missing a race? I'll have to miss the season opener as I'm headed down to St. Maarten with the famdamily, but I'm wondering whether that will knock me out of the points race or if you're allowed to miss a few races. I haven't been able to find that info on the website.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
question:

I'd like to compete in this series, but what are the policies on missing a race? I'll have to miss the season opener as I'm headed down to St. Maarten with the famdamily, but I'm wondering whether that will knock me out of the points race or if you're allowed to miss a few races. I haven't been able to find that info on the website.
its the first sentence on their site and in the OP
2009 Brings 11 venues best 8 out of 11 event scores determine championship

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
thanks for the neg rep slick...did i hit a sore spot about your reading komprehension?

Sore spot?

You have 2571 posts in 6 months. Almost all of it is garbage/post whoring and you have the nerve to rep me back this: "maybe you should learn how to read before you open your mouth in every post". ****ing ironic.

You a dickhead and nothing more. If you don't have something useful to say, just shut the **** up. Or go post in the lounge like you usually do with your worthless drivel.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Sore spot?

You have 2571 posts in 6 months. Almost all of it is garbage/post whoring and you have the nerve to rep me back this: "maybe you should learn how to read before you open your mouth in every post". ****ing ironic.

You a dickhead and nothing more. If you don't have something useful to say, just shut the **** up. Or go post in the lounge like you usually do with your worthless drivel.
and you have 1270 post in 5 years....you should keep your mouth shut like you have been doing w/ your useless reading skills...read what people post before you show how inept you are at reading or learn how to use a hyperlink

and thanks for the neg rep first big guy:
"Then what is the point of your post? Just post whoring, right?"
how original, keep repeating yourself

Last edited:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
calm down boys..........

Plattekill Bike Park is looking forward to hosting the GES finals for the third consecutive year and glad to see the series growing with 4 new venues added this season and many more mountains that wanted part of it.

We are proud of our leadership role that helped save this series a couple years back and happy it will continue to be in good hands with DHD. Many thanks are due to past directors that assured the success of the GES.

Thanks Guys and here's to one of the premier series in the nation, good work all !!!!!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
when is Laz finalizing the schedule?
pretty much done but with this great ski season and all the work that goes into running a family owned mountain there's not much time left for anything else.

Plattekill Bike Park is planning on two work/ride for free weekends this spring prior to the first race May 2-3. It was a great success last year with over 50 riders getting the trails into top shape, I imagine with the earlier ice storm there will be a lot of trees and branches to clear. Also a free BBQ for the workers will again be offered and maybe a keg or two.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
We are planning on two work/ride for free weekends this spring prior to the first race May 2-3.
yeah i know, i talked to Bunks about it.

ill be shooting pics again and possibly bringing more people new to DHing too
didnt we have a schedule this time last year tho?

Last edited:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
yeah i know, i talked to Bunks about it.

ill be shooting pics again and possibly bringing more people new to DHing too
didnt we have a schedule this time last year tho?
ski season sucked last winter and there was a ton of time to do other things. This week I promise as long as you don't hold me to it....now back to the GES discussion.

8 out of 11 events was a GREAT idea but the finals at Plattekill are a must to place in the series:biggrin:

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
pretty much done but with this great ski season and all the work that goes into running a family owned mountain there's not much time left for anything else.

Plattekill Bike Park is planning on two work/ride for free weekends this spring prior to the first race May 2-3. It was a great success last year with over 50 riders getting the trails into top shape, I imagine with the earlier ice storm there will be a lot of trees and branches to clear. Also a free BBQ for the workers will again be offered and maybe a keg or two.
I would be in for some of that, I was skiing up there a few weeks ago and some places there were a lot of trees down but most was not too bad. There was also 2-3 ft of snow to cover stuff up thought. I just can't weight to get back and do some riding!!!!

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
I'll be there for the Platty work weekend, so stoked for the season to get going, looks like I'll miss Windham and Massanunten. Damn.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
Looks like the Platty race and Diablo's opening day are the same day. Why don't they play nice and speak to each other I am torn on where to go.

Last edited:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Looks like the Platty race and Diablo's opening day are the day. Why don't they play nice and speak to each other I am torn on where to go.
because Shawn is a dick and will not coperate with other mountains or venues. His personal agenda is more important.

Ever wonder why Diablow does not have anything to do with the GE races?

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
because Shawn is a dick and will not coperate with other mountains or venues. His personal agenda is more important.

Ever wonder why Diablow does not have anything to do with the GE races?
watch out...bizutch might neg rep you for having a sense of humor

JJ_PA

Chimp
Nov 7, 2004
S.W. Pennsylvania
Does anyone know if the race at the wisp will have 2 DH races again, if so which day will be the GES race, and will all the DH races for the GES be held a on Sundays ? Also, will Racersedge be doing a series.
Thanks

Last edited:

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
Wisp will be hosting round # 2 of the GES DH and round #1 of the dual format. The DH event will consist of two DH runs, seperate courses, combined time, so both races will count. Racer's Edge, Inc and Wisp are partners for this event together. Chumba racing is now the title sponsor and together the prize pool will be awesome! The resort is offering $59/night lodging for rooms that sleep 4 people. Seven Springs is the following w/e and is only 1.5 hrs. away...You guys from the north should plan a week of it.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Looks like the Platty race and Diablo's opening day are the day. Why don't they play nice and speak to each other I am torn on where to go.
go to which one you enjoy riding the most. IMO, diablo gets washed the f o by late season. Plattekill gets bedded in by then. I still enjoy the riding at plattekill more year round.

At least they aren't trying to one up each other anymore. Maybe they are playing nice?

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Any chance we can see platty open for practice on Friday for the GE race? or all races like the good old days?