Quantcast

Greasy Grimey Gravity Games

The problem is the hike to the top. The entire hill is clay so the road was way to slick to shuttle. You'd have to carry/drag you bike because you tires would gunk up with clay so much the they would hit the fork arch/chainstay and wouldn't move. The way down was fun, but imo not worth the hike up. Call me a pussy if you want, but thats not my idea of fun.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Jestere said:
The problem is the hike to the top. The entire hill is clay so the road was way to slick to shuttle. You'd have to carry/drag you bike because you tires would gunk up with clay so much the they would hit the fork arch/chainstay and wouldn't move. The way down was fun, but imo not worth the hike up. Call me a pussy if you want, but thats not my idea of fun.
Ah, good point.

ricebowls

Monkey
May 24, 2002
san francisco
it looks way worse that it was....it was actually one of the funnest races i've ever entered. the rain didn;t really start until the sport class and by then it had turned into a survival race. i had a blast and as messy as the pictures look they don;t tell the whole story. the vibe was great and everyone was laughing and cheering the racers down the g-out. great entertainment.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
ricebowls said:
it looks way worse that it was....it was actually one of the funnest races i've ever entered. the rain didn;t really start until the sport class and by then it had turned into a survival race. i had a blast and as messy as the pictures look they don;t tell the whole story. the vibe was great and everyone was laughing and cheering the racers down the g-out. great entertainment.
I heard people were sliding down the hill on thier a$$ with thier bike on top of them...on purpose! I left after my race was over but I kind of wish I had stayed to see that one guy thread the needle between all those other guys on the g-out. classic stuff.

The mood at GGG is always really awesome. I don't think you could round up a cooler crowd of people. I had fun, just not the best riding I've done in my life.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
ricebowls said:
it looks way worse that it was....the rain didn;t really start until the sport class and by then it had turned into a survival race.
In other words, it wasn't that bad UNLESS you raced sport or beg. Then you were screwed. ;) :D

Jestere said:
One word: Pam

That and hiking through the grass. Learned my lesson quite well on Saturday. All in all it was still fun. The carnage at the G-Out was hysterical! (yea, I ate crap at the bottom... :thumb: ) At least I managed to get one practice run in around 10:15 while it was still tacky and fast. Race run was pretty much a mud bog though.

Hope the Otter has better weather....but we all know how that goes.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Joe Pozer said:
In other words, it wasn't that bad UNLESS you raced sport or beg. Then you were screwed. ;) :D
Carlos, it was so nasty for our run, your pretty new bike would have been a complete mess. Would I do it again................................hell yes!!!!

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
that looks like a clipless pedal nightmare..especially if you had to hike. looks fun though. I really hope sea otter weekend won't be too wet.

One thing I don't miss about NorCal..

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Norcal :/
El_Chimichanga said:
I left after my race was over but I kind of wish I had stayed to see that one guy thread the needle between all those other guys on the g-out. classic stuff.
OMG! That guy was the hero of the entire weekend in my opinion. I almost fell over backwards when I saw him pull it off.

Does anyone know who it was?
Anybody get it on video?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
this pic sums up how slippery the clay gets when wet.

Notice how far up the hill his bike is and he's still sliding uncontrollably! :eek:

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Jestere said:
Word on that... the hike was hell.

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
wow if thats what the otter is like us washintonians are going to do awesome

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
man, that looks hella (does anyone still say that?) fun! There's still snow on the hills around here, but the weather's really nice.