Quantcast

Great time at Dark Mt. this pass weekend....

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I have to say I had a fun time at the Dark Mt. SuperD races yesterday. Matt puts on a great event!!!!:clapping: The day started with rain all the way up from Greenville SC to Dark Mt. We thought its was going to be a wash out, but boy were we wrong!!!! The trails were super tacky and fast. The turn out was less than the two first races (guess because of the rain and all), but was still a great turn out. I now wish I would of tried harder to make one more of the 3 races he put on. It was Grass Roots at its best in the South East. Reminded me were all my racing started. The best part of the days was sitting around with everyone there eating our free Subs after the races. Oh yah and having some of little Noah's birthday cake too. He is now 7 years old and ripping!!!! I will say I will do my best to make more of Matt’s races next year. Does anyone have any Pics???? Thanks again for all the fun!!!

Cecil :cheers:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Subs, drinks, birthday cake and great racing for a $20 entry fee.
That's what grassroot racing is all about.
Thanks again to Matt and the BMCC crew for putting these events on. All three were a blast.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Sunday was a blast for sure. I was pretty stoked to meet several new people and see everyone having a really good time.
For me one of the highlights of the day was Noah's entrance for the over all series awards. I thought that 180 skid was pretty sweet. :clapping: As far as photos, I have over 100 images (keepers) from the day. It will prolly take me a few days to get all of them processed and loaded to a gallery. I don’t have a whole lot of spare time this week, but I’ll do what I can to get them up.

I did manage to get a few of Noah resized last night.

ulockjustice

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
you should definately drop a couple grand on a custom DH rig for your 7 year old. he will be able to ride a 20" wheeled DH bike for at least 10 more years and it will be totally worth the investment. obviously the bike is holding him back in competition and he looks pretty bummed about it in the pictures.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
you should definately drop a couple grand on a custom DH rig for your 7 year old. he will be able to ride a 20" wheeled DH bike for at least 10 more years and it will be totally worth the investment. obviously the bike is holding him back in competition and he looks pretty bummed about it in the pictures.
and if any motocross dads out there are reading this, they should only buy their kids Honda Z50's at Cathey's Creek and Iron Cycles, not KX50's.

Brandon might not have the dough to get the FTW...but if he did...more power to him.:twitch:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
wow! those came out awesome! thanks! i'll definitely be buying at least one of them from you to blow up for the playroom downstairs :thumb:
btw, he made a new friend with the 9 yr old kid that got 1st place. we traded info with the parents and are planning on hooking up for a paddle/pedal day in the WNC area. with only a 3 second time difference between their runs, i'm sure they'll make great riding buddies as there aren't many kids his age that he can relate to with this style of riding. :clapping:

so who was it that broke their collarbone? :eek: whoever it was, hope you get well soon!

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
wow! those came out awesome! thanks! i'll definitely be buying at least one of them from you to blow up for the playroom downstairs :thumb:
btw, he made a new friend with the 9 yr old kid that got 1st place. we traded info with the parents and are planning on hooking up for a paddle/pedal day in the WNC area. with only a 3 second time difference between their runs, i'm sure they'll make great riding buddies as there aren't many kids his age that he can relate to with this style of riding. :clapping:

so who was it that broke their collarbone? :eek: whoever it was, hope you get well soon!
Cool! Glad you like the images. I managed to get several awesome (IMO) photos of the little ones this time around. The cloudy overcast skies made for really nice even lighting in the woods.

Example of the nice even light (no shadows)

Highrevs, what is the site that you will be uploading the images to?
I have a few galleries at pbase.com/robertseth , but they are really just for web viewing. So I was thinking of making another sub gallery there with all of the shots from yesterday. I guess if there is enough of an interest I could make arrangements to make prints/digital files available for purchase.

I did not hear about the collar bone injury, but I hope dude heals fast.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Would be cool. Just wanted to see if you had any of me? I was the 3rd racer to come down in the Red and white jersey.
I'll look and see what i have a little later this evening. I have a few odds and ends to take care after work, plus I usually don't get a chance to sit back down at my computer until after my son goes to bed... I'm pretty sure i have one of you though.

TrekBro

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Greensboro NC
the weather was just perfect, few showers but it stopped right on time, and started right on time too, the trail was great. Matt and BMCC crew did an awesome work :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: .
nice shots highrevs; and congrats to Noah, Im sure that many riders will look at his picture to learn how to take a berm :lighten:

Dawson

Chimp
Apr 25, 2006
NC
I was the other person wearing a yeti jearsey besides murphy. This was my first race and definately not my last! Great weekend and thanks again to Matt and all the trail builders!

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Yes, this race was fun even though I got last in my class by .2 of a second. :twitch: I felt fast on the dh part but I suck at pedaling uphill. Oops.

Anyway, I was on the gray bike and gray jersey with blue racing pants. My mom and dad both took some pictures that I might post if they look good!

-Craig

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
i thought you told me that you didn't get any of me ;)

i think i really am sasquatch because this makes the third race in a row; fontana icycle, drk mtn #1, drk mtn #3, where no one snapped any shots of me. my wife and mom were even there at this one and still...nothing. weird, am i really that ugly? don't answer that

also, i wonder if my 2nd run time would have improved if i didn't have to push noah halfway up the hill twice in between runs :think: ;)

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
These are taken by either my mom or dad.
Cool beans, your 'rents did pretty well. I have one of you in the second to last berm, I think. If I remember correctly it turned out pretty cool.

I still have several images to sort and upload, but here are a few that I finished.

Cecil

the other yeti jersey :D

i thought you told me that you didn't get any of me ;)
well... I had a mental list of who I wanted to get the &#8220;killer&#8221; shots of. The top three were Herndon, you and Noah. I feel like I did ok with the Noah shots and I managed to get one of Herndon, but I felt like I came up short on your race runs. Mainly due to me being in the wrong spot at the wrong time. Here is what I did get though.

this was right after Noah came through the berm

meatboot

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Chapel Hell
Check it out here.

Many thanks to my girlfriend Danyele for giving up her only day off to film adults on children's toys. If you didn't make in the video, you probably didn't simply didn't make it on film; the battery was acting shadey.

I also what to thank Noah (and his parents) for the cake.

As always, huge props to Matt and Ellen and all of BMCC for putting on a great race and building a killer trail network.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Check it out here.

Many thanks to my girlfriend Danyele for giving up her only day off to film adults on children's toys. If you didn't make in the video, you probably didn't simply didn't make it on film; the battery was acting shadey.

I also what to thank Noah (and his parents) for the cake.

As always, huge props to Matt and Ellen and all of BMCC for putting on a great race and building a killer trail network.
yes, many props to your gf for the vid and for the cake...well, the big cake was courtesy of matt and ellen so THANK YOU! to them :thumb: we supplied the cookie cake ;)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
I like that self leveling helmet you got there. Even when you're leaning, it stays parallel to the ground.
wow, that helmet is really getting old. it looks like an old WWII officer headshot where they always canted their hat off to one side :D

that first one of me is at the "i think my legs are burning now" moment. i tried not to make an ugly face but i don't think it really matters with me.

thanks for the shots HR!!! the color is awesome :thumb:

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Thanks for all the props guys and thanks for supporting the series! We had a blast and can't wait to put it on again next year. Noah was really kicking it at both races...its just amazing at the talent he has.

I'm still kind of under the weather so it will most likely be next week before the results are posted.

Thanks again for all the support! Next up the Super D in Greenville:thumb:

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
I enjoyed watching the videos, i spotted myself in a couple of clips. :busted:

I’m still pecking away at the images from this past
Sunday. I managed to get a bunch done last night, but I still have a ways to go.
More photos:

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Hey guys,
Just wanted to say I still have tons of images left to get on the web. My progress has slowed a little due to trying to get things lined up for a couple other shoots I have this weekend and next week (paying photo shoots, yes!). Plus working the day job, as well as fulfilling my duties as a family man and still trying to get some riding in to keep me sane.

So if anyone would like for me to put there images at the front of the pile shoot me a pm and I’ll prioritize accordingly.

few more photos

Edit: They are all done!

click here to see the rest