Quantcast

Greatest car show EVER: Top Gear

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
With my fancy new cable package, I now get BBC world. Top Gear Kicks ass.

And actually, the Extreme network is pretty cool too. They were showing large chunks of Superheroes 2, and one of the Red Bull Rampages last night........

But Top Gear is an awesome show....

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea thats on the Discovery Channel sometimes. Or maybe they were just doing a teaser because I havent seen that on in a while.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
top gear in the usa isn't quite the same as the ones in the uk... so i download shows off of the p2p networks

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Yeah.....this is full on BBC

The first I ever heard of this show was from my bro. Her downloaded an episode where they were testing a WRX STi, and Lancer Evo, and 911...and maybe one more. They were teaching how to 4-wheel-drift an AWD car. "wrong way, then right way"

Tonight they were testing the Audi TT, the Chrysler Crossfire and the Nissan 350Z (all rag tops.

It was great how they were bashing the US car. "americans just can't build cars, pure and simple"..... "15000 parts all made by the lowest bidder"

Good stuff.....

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
Clarkson is a legend, he is the greatest motoring journalists EVER!!!

the latest series wasnt the greatest, there were a few good episodes, but on the whole the lastest series was pants, just a lack of decent cars released.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I think I saw an episode of it.

An Aston Martin Vanquish racing a train cross country(countries) to see which mode of transportation was the fastest. The Aston Martin won.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I also get it on TDC. Very good stuff. I loved the segment they did on what it takes to kill a Toyota Pickup :D

EDIT: I love the segment on the new RR Phantom. He talks about how the door-mounted umbrella is one of the cars most noticed features only to follow that up by saying that Skoda's come with them. Or about how the greates RR ever was made out of almost 100% German parts

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea I like Horsepower TV and Trucks. Funk Flex isnt on there anymore, hes on ESPN now. But his show used to sometimes get annoying yaahurrrttttt.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
The thing I like about Top Gear is that they actually show the car doing what is supposed to do. I hate watching like all those NOPI tuner vision shows because they focus on the car for like 1 second and move on to another. Top Gear is kinda laid back and they have some bad ass cars on there, not a bunch of Rice Burners. I love the episode with the Porsche GT3 and he is just sitting there drifting at like 100 MPH.

Bighitz

Chimp
Mar 18, 2005
Bay Area, CA
I have been watching Top Gear and Fith Gear since they started. On the alot of the US channels they cut out the good parts so you have the get them via P2P.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
MMike said:
With my fancy new cable package, I now get BBC world. Top Gear Kicks ass.

And actually, the Extreme network is pretty cool too. They were showing large chunks of Superheroes 2, and one of the Red Bull Rampages last night........

But Top Gear is an awesome show....
If you have the Extreme Channel on demand, you can watch "Fat Tire Fury" 1 & 2 for free as much as you want.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Bighitz said:
I have been watching Top Gear and Fith Gear since they started. On the alot of the US channels they cut out the good parts so you have the get them via P2P.
Not to derail, but what is a good P2P these days?

Jeff P.

Monkey
Nov 13, 2006
East Bay, Ca
top gear is awesome, being a pretty hard-core car/track nut its nice to see a show that doesn't dumb things down. I really need to get some sort of intl package for my cable but the bastards just raised my bill so i cant afford it... oh well hooray for the internet!
JP

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
The episode where the Stig crashes the Zonda is kinda neat.

I think the show is more about entertainment and enjoying cars than it is for car nerds. The race between the SLR and the two guys to Sweden (or Norway)? Just for fun...cool. The race between the S4 (was it?) and the two rock climbers up the mountain? Also just for fun...cool.

I've got a friend with an RX-8. He drives like a poosy. He sure knows everything about the car though. He could take or leave Top Gear. Coincidence?

Squeaver

Monkey
Mar 1, 2006
Sanford, NC
I love Top Gear. Just a great all around car show. And like was stated before, they show car being used for their intended purpose. Well, for the most part, that van on the track isn't really true to the purpose of the van, but awesome nonetheless.