Quantcast

Greatest of all time

Is it:

• Total voters

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Why are bikers always so ga-ga over roadie chicks? Think about it. Monkey butt city down there. Going to look like someone took an angle grinder to her clam.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I voted for Giove. Maybe she wasn't the greatest, maybe she was... but she's still probably faster than everyone who posted in this thread so far.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
If we're talking all-arounders here, Juli Furtado should be included, but we're not, so I vote Alien.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
We didn't really define "greatest", but Peaty is the man, on and off the bike. A great person, a great competitor, a family man, enjoyer of fine and not so fine beverages, all around good dude. He's cultivated the sport around the world, helped bring some of the best talent in the world into racing, and much more. Some other people on the list may be more talented riders, or more flamboyant, but the intangibles and the combination of everything I listed above make him the "greatest" of the list in my opinion.

It was a tough call between Peaty and the "Orangutan on PCP" in the end..

Last edited:

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I think there needs to be a race to settle this once and for all.
In order to make it fair, the Orangutan is probably going to need to be riding a 16" wheeled pink girls bike with a basket in front.

MATCH RACE!!!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Interesting that the orangutan and Bill Brasky are ahead Missy Giove...
Clearly, people have seen Missy ride.
The word 'greatest' was usually never used.
I often heard/used words like 'scary'...'crackhead-ish'...'OUCH, I hope she is ok' or questions like 'why is her head bobbing up and down in the sprint'.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Clearly, people have seen Missy ride.
The word 'greatest' was usually never used.
I often heard/used words like 'scary'...'crackhead-ish'...'OUCH, I hope she is ok' or questions like 'why is her head bobbing up and down in the sprint'.
or "Why is her ass hanging out like a baboon?" :biggrin:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2008

Missy Giove Wins the Third Snowshoe Powerade Downhill Race
Missy Giove won her second downhill race of the Snowshoe, WV Powerade series held August 30-31. Missy crossed the line 22 seconds ahead of second place. Ellen Adams edged out Amanda Pilling for the series title, and those two were the only Elite Women to race all three downhill events in the series

for you Jon:

Last edited:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Greatest what of all time?

All around rider? Tomac

DH Racer? Vouilloz

Questionable sexual orientation?: Giove

Drinker? Peaty

All around party animal? Gracia

Entertainer? Orangutan on PCP
Quoted for truth.

Nico quit because he just could not be touched. For that, he gets my vote.

JT gets an honorable mention as perhaps the greatest overall mountainbiker of all time. However, times changed and Nico took the reigns.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
JT gets an honorable mention as perhaps the greatest overall mountainbiker of all time.
I vote Tomac just because he is the only guy to win DH races, XC races and race the Paris Roubaix...the guy had an amazing career and was hands down the best all round bike rider of his time.