Quantcast

Greensboro Area riders wanted to Photograph

My name is Jeremy and I am currently a senior art major at Guilford college. This semester I am doing a photo independent study on bicycle photography to put together a portfolio for after I graduate next spring. I would like to get as many riders as possible in basically any discipline.
Let me know if anyone here is interested in helping me out or knows a good place to camp waiting for riders to come along. Also does anyone know days or nights when people are generally at the Zone.

Thank You
Jeremy

mquehl

Chimp
Mar 20, 2009
There is a Downhill race at Snowshoe West Virginia this weekend. You could get alot of good shots up there.:)

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
I have a few friends that like to ride greensboro street
Merrit at re-cylces used to host a street ride every tuesday and thursday night
So if your trying shoot sometime soon PM me or stop by the shop and talk to merrit about the ride nights

deadlink404

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
beach mountain race this weekend, it is short notice tho but it will be awesome, and a lot of riders will be there to get some nice shots. you should realy check it out. some really nice photogenic spots out there.:thumb:

uzziman

Chimp
Apr 14, 2009
Charlotte
if you're looking for areas to shoot, i would suggest the A-frame, the step down at the end, or the really mossy sections right before the poo mud

mtbman1127

Monkey
Mar 10, 2008
Raleigh, NC
can someone link me to directions to this zone you speak of...I just moved to Raleigh and am looking for places to ride and Gboro isn't too far away

hotrodmarlin

Chimp
Oct 29, 2007
can someone link me to directions to this zone you speak of...I just moved to Raleigh and am looking for places to ride and Gboro isn't too far away
it's in country park but go in the jaycee park drive entrance. go all the way to the end and park beside the baseball field. ride through the gate and stay left. the entrance to the zone is right under the baseball scoreboard.

dreadedmonkey- sorry dude but I'm not going to make it out there this morning-

Last edited:

OB1

Monkey
I was out there today for my 1st time. I wouldn't really call the zone a dj spot. Its a 2 bike wide bmx track. Slightly downhill so u don't have to pedal much. No lips on the jumps. So the height isn't there for flying acrobatics.haha. My 9 year old had fun riding it. 4 berms, and 7-8 smooth roller jumps. U really couldn't expect more from a legal jumping spot though. So this is NOT a put down. Just an honest review.

hotrodmarlin

Chimp
Oct 29, 2007
I was out there today for my 1st time. I wouldn't really call the zone a dj spot. Its a 2 bike wide bmx track. Slightly downhill so u don't have to pedal much. No lips on the jumps. So the height isn't there for flying acrobatics.haha. My 9 year old had fun riding it. 4 berms, and 7-8 smooth roller jumps. U really couldn't expect more from a legal jumping spot though. So this is NOT a put down. Just an honest review.
It's probably never going to be huge because of the legal public park thing but there are some bigger plans for the place. Merritt has taken it over so you'll start seeing bigger jumps, wall rides, all kinds of stuff. We met with the park guys and they are cool with whatever we build as long as it's not stupid dangerous. Plans are to work on it this fall/winter. stay tuned..