Quantcast

Greensboro, NC trails

So I am heading back down to school in Greensboro, NC in a little over a week and was wondering if anyone knew of some good trails in the area. I usually just ride my bike in the woods around my campus but would love to get to know some other trails in the area.
Jeremy

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Thanks alot for that website. I already found a few trails that im going to check out when i get down there. What are some really good trails in the area that you have gone on already?
I've ridden them all. :) My favorites in Greensboro have to be Owls Roost and the newly finished Wild Turkey trail. Where are you coming from?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
plenty of riding in the area. lots of fun XC along with some dirt jumps and freeride trails. you'll probably see my son and i riding on UNCG campus at some point...ton's of good street stuff there. :thumb:

mangler

Chimp
Jun 11, 2008
winston salem
a few of us usually ride wild turkey about every other weds around 5. the 20th will be our next ride. and over in winston there is some good stuff out at salem lake. i ride there every sunday morning usually.

and for your bicycle shop needs hit up recycles. its 2 blocks past tate(toward downtown) on spring garden st.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2008
If you haven't already found them...take Battleground to Bur-mill park. From the pool parking lot you can take Big Loop to the greenway, make a right and Owl's Roost is a little passed the fishing pier...follow the greenway about another 1.5 miles up and Wild Turkey is on the left.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I rode the new trail Wild Turkey last Sunday.

It's a fun trail, although not technical, it definitely had some fun sections.

It's kind of like a combination of flowy singletrack and a dual slalom course.

There are some small jumps that lead into berms along with a few bridges to cross.

mtnbiker66

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
In a van down by the river.
We made a trip down to G-goro this weekend to pick up the girlscouts new ride. Wheeliemert hooked him up with a sweet Stinky.The trails down that way are really fun. Hit up Wild Turkey and Owls Roost fer sure. ReCycles is a great shop and Mert will take care of you.

I just got back from riding owls roost and holy crap that trail is fun. I wasn't really sure how long the trail was so I kept on thinking I missed an offshoot or something. Im going to try wild turkey next time to see how that one compares.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

bullitman

Chimp
Sep 15, 2008
I just rode wild turkey yesterday and it tops out as my favorite trail in greensboro so far.
Rode WT today and it is a very nice trail to ride,espically coming back it gets real fun you can smoke that trail,they did a very nice job on that trail.:cheers: Dm if you wanna get up sometime to ride send me a pm or post up,always looking for new guys to ride with.I'm in G'boro,lets hook up sometime and ride

Last edited:

bullitman

Chimp
Sep 15, 2008
Im definitely down to ride with someone new. When do you have time to ride?

Afterwork until it gets dark @ 5:30 shortly:crazy:,but most wknds, unless I go the coast for fishing..:biggrin: I can always take some time off later in the afternoons,and we could hit some downtown urbah chit after dark and then hit a local brewpub..:biggrin: