Quantcast

***Greeting Card Industry Support Day, GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Last night's ride was a disaster. The snow felt like wax, it was impossible to go straight. Hit the abort button after only 3km.

Maybe I'll try the skis again tonight on an actual hill.

This whole work thing is really getting in the way.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

We are rocketing up the temperature charts today - gonna hit 75 tomorrow....then nose dive right back down into the 40's JUST in time for the weekend. Ugh. Mother Nature is bipolar......get it? Two poles......? No....?

Pulled the clothes dryer apart last night when I got home to try and figure out why it wasn't heating anymore. Got the barrel out and could see the heating element had broken in two places - no current, no heat. Got the new part ordered and we should be back in the business of drying clothes in no time. Hooray, me!

Go yonder, little cupids...shoot your arrows of love....:pleasantry:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
My father has a strange way of sending me birthday wishes (not today fortunately) - He sent me his through Linked.in... This is the most dad thing ever.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Getting oil change before work, watching local news, parents in this area are displeased that sex ed is currently teaching anything but abstinence. also apparently you can opt your kid out of sex ed :twitch:

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
I am fortunate enough to have married a women that Valentines day is Hallmark holiday. All I have to do is bring home a few bars of vegan dark chocolate and I am good.

Mother Nature roller coaster of New England weather had the snowmobile trails riding about perfect last night. I left the house planning on riding for an hour, but stretched it out to 2 because of way too much fun was being had. Was hungry when I got back. Now it warms up for a few days.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I am fortunate enough to have married a women that Valentines day is Hallmark holiday. All I have to do is bring home a few bars of vegan dark chocolate and I am good.

Mother Nature roller coaster of New England weather had the snowmobile trails riding about perfect last night. I left the house planning on riding for an hour, but stretched it out to 2 because of way too much fun was being had. Was hungry when I got back. Now it warms up for a few days.
still gonna sennnnnd it

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning!

I shall choose to participate in the Hallmark holiday. I'm generally appreciative of my wife every day, but if she wants one day where I get her flowers and do my best to say all the things I never have words for, well, it's the least I can do. Besides, she got me Girl Scout cookies and an assortment of tasty sodas.

Had a Cock n' Bull extra ginger soda last night. Holy cow was that a delicious punch in the taste hole.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So used to be if we wanted support for our enterprise backup product we would directly call the vendor.

Last summer someone decided it would be good (see: save money) to contract with a 3rd party who would provide 1st/2nd level support and the 3rd party would engage the vendor if necessary. As expected, this resulted in fairly significant delays on issues that required vendor involvement... but it was OK overall, because the 1st/2nd level support was better than the vendor's 1st level support.

Fast-forward to last evening... I submit a ticket with the 3rd party for an issue - and get a response that our support expired Jan 31st. Email architect and manager. Sure enough - we're switching to ANOTHER 3rd party to provide support.

Please don't bother informing me, though. It's not like I need to know. Oh - and good job letting support lapse. :mad: :rant:

FTS levels rising... Kill List getting longer.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So used to be if we wanted support for our enterprise backup product we would directly call the vendor.

Last summer someone decided it would be good (see: save money) to contract with a 3rd party who would provide 1st/2nd level support and the 3rd party would engage the vendor if necessary. As expected, this resulted in fairly significant delays on issues that required vendor involvement... but it was OK overall, because the 1st/2nd level support was better than the vendor's 1st level support.

Fast-forward to last evening... I submit a ticket with the 3rd party for an issue - and get a response that our support expired Jan 31st. Email architect and manager. Sure enough - we're switching to ANOTHER 3rd party to provide support.

Please don't bother informing me, though. It's not like I need to know. Oh - and good job letting support lapse. :mad: :rant:

FTS levels rising... Kill List getting longer.
just power everything down.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
just power everything down.
The whole environment is so under-capacity that we could probably do this without much impact.

We did engage an outside vendor to do an assessment of the environment... which came back with the conclusion, "domains are at critical capacity thresholds" and the recommendation of, "Address capacity by adding additional storage/appliances where needed."

Yeah - no shit. So basically we spent a bunch of money for an outside vendor to tell us something I've been telling architecture/mgmt since I started at this company.

:mad:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Giving Beaver Creek a try today. It has better be good to make up for the hassle of a shuttle.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good morning!

I shall choose to participate in the Hallmark holiday. I'm generally appreciative of my wife every day, but if she wants one day where I get her flowers and do my best to say all the things I never have words for, well, it's the least I can do. Besides, she got me Girl Scout cookies and an assortment of tasty sodas.

Had a Cock n' Bull extra ginger soda last night. Holy cow was that a delicious punch in the taste hole.
Everything about this post is all things that are good. :thumb: