fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Link to BBC news story (N8-style)

Newz

I like this bit:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the hand grenade, police say, the woman had no idea it was in her vehicle.

It probably belongs to her husband, who reportedly works for the US military.

Do US military personnel routinel keep munitions in their cars?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Originally posted by fluff
I like this bit:
As for the hand grenade, police say, the woman had no idea it was in her vehicle.

Do US military personnel routinely keep munitions in their cars?
He probably kept one in the car for tailgaters. Nothing says "Get your bumper out of my trunk" with quite the emphasis of a hand grenade.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Another glowing event coming from Washington states Fort Lewis.....:rolleyes:

She was trying to drive SOUTH to VANCOUVER, WA. Instead she drove NORTH to VANCOUVER BC. :smack forehead:

I wonder in the 3 or so hours she drove (when it should take maybe 1.5hrs) to canada she wondered.....man this is a long way....I thought it was closer than that.

OR WHEN SHE DROVE THROUGH TACOMA-SEATTLE-EVERETT :rolleyes: LOL! It wasn't a case of bad map reading.....:)

But she is from Texas and they have long distances to drive sometime....maybe it didn't seem that long.

Gave me a good laugh. Can you imagine the boarder guard opening the glove box and seeing the grenade? :D

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Yeah that was my favourite part...

Originally posted by RhinofromWA
Another glowing event coming from Washington states Fort Lewis.....:rolleyes:

She was trying to drive SOUTH to VANCOUVER, WA. Instead she drove NORTH to VANCOUVER BC. :smack forehead:

I wonder in the 3 or so hours she drove (when it should take maybe 1.5hrs) to canada she wondered.....man this is a long way....I thought it was closer than that.

OR WHEN SHE DROVE THROUGH TACOMA-SEATTLE-EVERETT :rolleyes: LOL! It wasn't a case of bad map reading.....:)

But she is from Texas and they have long distances to drive sometime....maybe it didn't seem that long.

Gave me a good laugh. Can you imagine the boarder guard opening the glove box and seeing the grenade? :D

charmin

Monkey
Dec 8, 2003
Originally posted by fluff

Is it just me, or does it seem like they let her go a little quick? If you make a joke in the airport, you are rounded up and questioned for 3 days. Yet, she had a grenade and was somehow able to explain it away? Does, "I didn't know it was there", really cover it? Wouldn't it be interesting to know how many more grenades her husband has? Can you really just take them with you?

I don't understand. What could she have said?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by charmin
Is it just me, or does it seem like they let her go a little quick? If you make a joke in the airport, you are rounded up and questioned for 3 days. Yet, she had a grenade and was somehow able to explain it away? Does, "I didn't know it was there", really cover it? Wouldn't it be interesting to know how many more grenades her husband has? Can you really just take them with you?

I don't understand. What could she have said?
I think they have a secret handshake. No words need to be exchanged....only a little slap'n of the hands and all is good. (I don't have a clue) :D

ANy more info reported? I haven't seen any additonal info.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Is it just me, or does it seem like they let her go a little quick? If Wouldn't it be interesting to know how many more grenades her husband has? Can you really just take them with you?

Some people use the company copier for personal use...some swipe U.S. Government ballpoint pens...some take the last grenade of the crate home in a doggy bag. :D

charmin

Monkey
Dec 8, 2003
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
Some people use the company copier for personal use...some swipe U.S. Government ballpoint pens...some take the last grenade of the crate home in a doggy bag. :D

Link

Well, at least the army wants it to be known that you cannot just take grenades off base (or at least you're not supposed to). And the US detained the woman when she re-crossed (so, even though Canada didn't hold her very long, we're apparently holding her).

This article also states where she started from was in between the two VanCouvers... I thought she started from Texas and just got lost....

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Link

Well, at least the army wants it to be known that you cannot just take grenades off base (or at least you're not supposed to). And the US detained the woman when she re-crossed (so, even though Canada didn't hold her very long, we're apparently holding her).

This article also states where she started from was in between the two VanCouvers... I thought she started from Texas and just got lost....
Hahahahaha. That would make it much stanger to start from Texas.

no she was about 40-60 minutes south of Seattle WA at Fort Lewis.

It hit the local news pretty hard and then dropped.

She was a lot closer to Vancouver WA than BC.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Are you joking? Haven't seen that report.
You can buy those in any two-bit surplus store really. The best ones are mounted atop a little plaque with a plate that says "Please take a number" and there is a plastic plate with the number 1 on it attached to the pin. (meaning that if you actually take the number its supposed to explode and kill everyone in the office, which is a really great idea if you think about it because explosions are pretty cool and so are grenades and fire and shrapnel and other things like that.)

charmin

Monkey
Dec 8, 2003
Originally posted by BurlySurly
You can buy those in any two-bit surplus store really. The best ones are mounted atop a little plaque with a plate that says "Please take a number" and there is a plastic plate with the number 1 on it attached to the pin. (meaning that if you actually take the number its supposed to explode and kill everyone in the office, which is a really great idea if you think about it because explosions are pretty cool and so are grenades and fire and shrapnel and other things like that.)
You're a turbo monkey because you post stuff like this. You're a nut (I know, I've said it before, but it still seems applicable).

charmin

Monkey
Dec 8, 2003
Originally posted by BurlySurly
!!!!!
Wait a second ! You're on probation???? What did you do?????????

Could it be worse than the Ukrainian Black Jack Dealer?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Wait a second ! You're on probation???? What did you do?????????

Could it be worse than the Ukrainian Black Jack Dealer?
That's old, Shirley is permanently on probation cos' he's a wanker:D :D :D ;) ;)
Actually I think it's about time for RM to take that off. You've been a good boy lately haven't you Shirley?:D