Quantcast

Grill'in

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Anybody have any good chicken grilling recipes?

I would prefer something easy but I'm open to anything.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
rape its neck hole with a 24 oz. beer....wait, no that sucks.

Here is what I like to do....take 2 shallots, 1 clove (or more) of garlic, some extra virgin olive oil, champagne vinegar (or any good vinegar), s & P & some herbs de provence (i get mine at the spice house...google it).....i put this into a mini food processor & blend until it makes a paste....I also taste it & adjust it to how I want it to taste. Marinate your chicken pieces in the paste & grill.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Its GRILLED, so it must be GOOD!!

:huh:
It's their next step into the healthier food ideal. the first was when they changed the name from Kentucky FRIED chicken to KFC. It's marketing....

Sorry Stosh, I have nothing for you. google? ;)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Anybody have any good chicken grilling recipes?

I would prefer something easy but I'm open to anything.
Similar to TN's - simple marinade of chk pieces in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, fresh oregano, thyme, rosemary, and sage. S&P to taste. Let pieces marinate for a few hours. Grill & reserve marinade to baste on the grill.

Have with grilled balsamic & rosemary potato slices.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Here's one that I like. I actually usually serve the chicken breast with pesto over a bed of angel hair pasta for a whole meal.

* 2 boneless chicken breasts
* 2 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves (about 2 ounces)
* 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel (optional)
* 1 to 2 cloves of garlic
* 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan

Directions

Inside: Heat a grill pan on medium high heat. Lightly oil the grill pan or for outside: Heat grill on medium high heat and lightly oil the grates.

Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.

Combine the spinach, pine nuts, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a processor. Lightly pulse. With the machine running, gradually add 1/3 cup of the oil, blending until the mixture is creamy. Add salt and pulse. Put half of the pesto into ice cube trays and store in the freezer for future use if you aren't doubling the recipe or using it over pasta.

Transfer the rest of the spinach mixture to a medium bowl. Stir in the Parmesan. Season the pesto with salt and pepper, to taste.

Spread the pesto over each piece of chicken and serve.

Added: You can also substitute some basil for the spinach and it's just as tasty!

Last edited:

juiceguy03

Chimp
Jul 13, 2009
here's a really easy one we do in the summer
marinate chicken breasts ( split, with skin and bones) with olive oil, sage, salt and pepper for a couple hours ... the longer the better
grill em till done
when cool rip the bone out, slice and serve over a greek type salad