grocery shopping

how often do you go grocery shopping?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I shop for perishables (fresh fruit, & veggies mostly) every week. Milk and bread every other week (I've never tried to freeze almond or soy milk but I have frozen 1% before and I have had luck freezing some breads). Once every 2-3 months for major bulk items (wine, beer, toilet paper, paper towels, meats that I buy in bulk and break into meal portion freezer packages that are dated and used up before buying more).

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I go about once a week to Trader Joe's for things like bagels, dried fruit, dranks, yogurt, Clif bars, frozen meals, etc. Then I go to the local co-op for vegetables as needed, pretty much only when I need them, so a few times a week.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
I make a Costco run every 2 or 3 weeks. I buy organic milk there and its good for 6 weeks as is. Use the local farmers market weekily to fill in the veggies

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Once a week to the store, and once a week to pick up CSA veggies/fruit.

Sometimes I have to run out to get something for a meal, but I try to keep that to a minimum. I hit up the big box stores as little as possible for tp and the like.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Since I spend a lot of time doing real bbq and smoking meats I typically do one big trip a month to get meats that are on sale. Then I do small trips every week for vegies, etc.

Trying to get this smoking thing down. It would be bad a$$ to own a legit bbq place in Santa Barbara where our version of bbq is "throw it on a grill with some sauce, it'll be done in 15min." - SB idiots

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Since I spend a lot of time doing real bbq and smoking meats I typically do one big trip a month to get meats that are on sale. Then I do small trips every week for vegies, etc.

Trying to get this smoking thing down. It would be bad a$$ to own a legit bbq place in Santa Barbara where our version of bbq is "throw it on a grill with some sauce, it'll be done in 15min." - SB idiots
There's some good tri-tip up there. You go to the Chicken Ranch at all?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
We do a big shop twice a month on pay days for non perishable stuff. We stop at the store or market probably 4 - 5 times a week for somethign or other.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i go once, sometimes twice a week. we eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, so its pretty much a necessity.

meat i get from the butcher unless there is a really good sale at the grocery store.