Quantcast

GROM QUESTIONS - Windrock

Matt 891

Chimp
Apr 14, 2008
Salem, VA
Visiting from the VA section!

There have been tons of Windrock threads lately and they have caught my attention. How long are the trails open? Now that Snowshoe is done for the year I could probably be able to get together several guys and make a trip down. I have access to a shuttle truck (long bed f250)

Would someone want to show us around down there maybe?

Any help or information will be much appreciated :D

tnmtnbkr

Chimp
Jan 7, 2007
Windrock doesn't get shut down like it used to for the winter months. We usually ride year round depending on weather and trail conditions. We have a solid group of locals that try to ride on Sunday's fairly regularly. I know Profro gets out there occasionally during the week if people give him a heads up they'll be ridin'. I know there'll be a group in town Thanksgiving weekend...so maybe watch the threads and jump in on that action!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yep, open 365, 24/7.

However in the winter the air temps can keep the ground saturated and muddy. So best to post up when you are thinking of coming and some one should be able to get you up-to-date dirt conditions.

Matt 891

Chimp
Apr 14, 2008
Salem, VA
Thanks guys. 365 - thats nice! I will keep an eye out for new threads in here and start beatin' the riding trip drum around my buddies.

Agras

Chimp
Jun 23, 2008
Anybody riding Sunday-Tuesday? What will the conditions be like? I'm thinking of taking off tomorrow.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Sunday morning should be a little slick, but depending on when the sun comes out the track could get good by late afternoon. But Monday and Tuesday could be real good.