Quantcast

GT DHi MRP spares?

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I spoke yesterday to a man who should know these things (sorry for not trusting you 100% if you're reading this, I guess I've just not given up hope yet!). He reckons that it's impossible to get hold of spare parts for an DHi-specific MRP, to the point that in the past he has machined up his own spares.

Is this really true? What about direct from MRP? There's a lot of guys on here who have had a DHi at some point so hopefully someone will know!

cheers

Sep 9, 2004
Littleton, CO
I think they can be ordered from GT. Someone on my team just got an extra one so I know you can find them. But I think it was pretty expensive. I can't remember if he ordered from GT or from MRP, but give both a try.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
- seb said:
I spoke yesterday to a man who should know these things (sorry for not trusting you 100% if you're reading this, I guess I've just not given up hope yet!). He reckons that it's impossible to get hold of spare parts for an DHi-specific MRP, to the point that in the past he has machined up his own spares.

Is this really true? What about direct from MRP? There's a lot of guys on here who have had a DHi at some point so hopefully someone will know!

cheers
I might know a guy who has a spare lying around. If you're interested, shoot me a pm, and I'll see what I can find out for you.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Whoever needed the DHi mrp's, drop me an email (stiksandstones@gmail.com)...but had to mention I got an email from some psycho telling me "you stole all those from GT and are now going to profit".

Seems I have to the uncanny ability to attract the nuts of the sport-but since my reply back to him bounced, I will reply here.

"Dickweed, I got all the MRP's from Josh (former owner of MRP) before he sold the company, he sent me every DHi MRP part, guide, bushing he had in the wherehouse before he left-so the guides came from him not GT. Go stalk someone else loser"

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
Seb you are UK based right?

A user on descent world called Robz will probably be able to help you out if so. He seems to have gone through a few frames and each time got a new MRP with it.

zstyle_22

Monkey
Jan 1, 2004
Centennial, Colorado
Let me just make sure you guys know that the price includes the whole chainguide assembly and bash guards. If you only are looking for the bashguards, you can get those from any shop, but if you need the whole assembly, it is about $400.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
zstyle_22 said:
Let me just make sure you guys know that the price includes the whole chainguide assembly and bash guards. If you only are looking for the bashguards, you can get those from any shop, but if you need the whole assembly, it is about $400.
Oh whew.

That's so much better.

I think I'd just ride chainless.