Quantcast

GT Fury

mtnbiker49

Monkey
Jul 12, 2009
Milford, PA
i demo rode a fury at this years us open only had 2 runs on it
bike felt fast and pedalled very good
i ride a sunday and also have a yakuza so i go from single pivot to dw link often and the fury felt like it didnt track as good as the sunday but it felt great pedaling thru rocky sections
it also feels very strong and its extremely quiet which was nice
They let you take it up the gondola?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
slyfink...simply eluding to the fact they just got a whole gang o' cash coming their way, and we should start to see all kinds of action in regards to sponsorships, development, etc...or money mismanagement? who knows.
Follow?

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Dorel just got a whole gang o' cash coming their way, and we should start to see all kinds of action in regards to sponsorships, development, etc...or money mismanagement? who knows.
Tavarua resort may be coming up for sale soon.
http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/fiji-decree-frees-surf-spots-for-tourists--is-it-the-end-of-an-era-for-tavarua_45039/

I see a new executive island retreat in Dorel's future. Wonder if they're hiring at the top of the accounting department, I could make magic happen;)

Last edited:

fluider

Monkey
Jun 25, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
GT (and co.) secured $300 million in financing recently, we should see Leonardo Dicaprio on a GT soon, and GT sponsoring Obama and family.
http://www.bicycleretailer.com/news/newsDetail/4207.html
Help me technically understand that article, please. Does that mean that Dorel (the parrent company of Pacific Cycles and others) will lend $300 mil. of its private money in the next 3 years to Pacific Cycles? Or Dorel is just a backup of $300 mil loan from those 2 Canadian banks to Pacific Cycles and others?

Evan55

Chimp
Jan 8, 2010
I just bought a Fury, my first DH bike

anyone else have one? setup tips? impressions? advice? Boxxer race doesnt impress me much so far, the fork and shock are pretty stiff even all the way soft, hopefully they will break in.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
^^

I suspect you're already aware of this, but check the tune on the shock. Some of the initial models came with the wrong tune on the Vivid and the thing feels like a dead prostitute. Fork may need the much discussed "out of the box" rebuild before it feels like a proper set of boxxers.

Last edited:

Evan55

Chimp
Jan 8, 2010
^^

I suspect you're already aware of this, but check the tune on the shock. Some of the initial models came with the wrong tune on the Vivid and the thing feels like a dead prositute. Fork may need the much discussed "out of the box" rebuild before it feels like a proper set of boxxers.
thanks, I had not heard of the vivid issue, it does feel really dead and slow. is it just a matter of setting the compression and rebound to better starting values?

I did hear about the boxxer low fork oil problems, but I had thought (hoped...) that was an early production issue and fixed a while back. I guess Ill pull the fork apart to take a look.

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
I did hear about the boxxer low fork oil problems, but I had thought (hoped...) that was an early production issue and fixed a while back. I guess Ill pull the fork apart to take a look.
Hoping that it fixed is not worth ruining your fork over. It's so easy to take apart, grease and oil. There's no reason not to do it.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Evan, my understanding is that you will not be able to set the shock up properly no matter what you do if its not valved appropriately for the bike. Perhaps like the first gen CCDBs and IH Sundays. I believe that GT will take care of you and send you the correctly tuned Vivid if you have the wrong one. Heck, even the ass hats at MTB Fiction noticed this issue in their review, so hopefully its an easy fix.

Also agree the above post in that you should definitely rebuild the fork before giving up on it or just riding it as is. Dogboy had the same issue with his, and it really isn't that fun to ride without the suspension components working properly (Capt. Obvious comment of the day ;) ).

Last edited:

Evan55

Chimp
Jan 8, 2010
Thanks, Ill see if I can get in touch with GT about the problem.
Do you know if it was just the Spec A Vivid 5.1, or did the Spec B Vivid 4.1 get the wrong shock too?

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Evan, take a close look at the shock body. There should be a serial number on there that will include the tune letter - A, B, etc. You may have to remove the shock to see it clearly, but that takes just a few minutes to do. Once you know for sure contact GT - if it's the incorrect tune. Good luck with it.

RyanCleek

Chimp
Jan 13, 2010
I'm the asshat (you spelled it two words, I prefer one) who discovered the incorrect Vivid tune. To my understanding, GT has addressed the situation. MTB Fiction, clever. Thanks for reading.